SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

YouTube Presentations

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1YouTube Presentations Empty YouTube Presentations Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I first saw the following YouTube at a forum I frequent. YouTube presentations are up for all to enjoy but I wanted to give credit as to where I viewed it from.

Thanks to Circles Of Friends.

YouTube Presentations Ezb3oiYYouTube Presentations Eh91MZ2

5YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Snowden

Snowden
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

Thanks for this, Michael -- I love it! All that first church is Church of the Holy Sepulchre, built over the tomb where Jesus lay for three days -- that is, His body lay there. He was off to Sheol to pick up the waiting believers and send them on to Paradise. The Tomb of Christ, which is built in the center, is directly over the tomb believed to have been that of Joseph, who placed Jesus' body there. The church at the very end, with the blue star-studded ceiling, is at the Garden of Gethsemene. It's always dark in there, since Jesus was arrested in the evening. The rock He is believed to have knelt by is behind a low "fence." Tourists can't go into the Garden now, because they kept breaking off pieces of the olive trees. One olive tree there is about 2000 years old. I get so homesick for Jerusalem. I love the markets, the streets, the Wall and, as you see, many of the churches are in the Muslim Quarter. I enjoyed this so much. I will try to bookmark it to re-visit. Again, thanks for this! It's all so familiar -- like going home.

YouTube Presentations 8VL9m2p

YouTube Presentations 10999401_10206853329964622_7290189173362892245_n

6YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I was hoping you, especially, would like it, Snowden!

7YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Snowden

Snowden
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

Again, I thought I was answering a P.M. I did bookmark it and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's the best video of Jerusalem I've seen. Maybe because of so much of Holy Sepulchre being shown in it. From the ceiling of the dome, down in the lowest part and to the Orthodox and Catholic services. The last three Stations of the Cross are there and the Stone of Unction, where tradition has it that this stone is where Jesus was laid when they prepared His body for burial. That's right across from the great doors that lead into this Cathedral. The balcony above, where the last three Stations are shown, was my favorite quiet place, a place where I could sit and meditate when alone in Jerusalem. I also loved the Garden Tomb, but Holy Sepulchre was the special place. Both places -- and a good many other places in Jerusalem -- are holy if only because so many people go there to pray and meditate.

I was sitting on that balcony one day when a group of men came up the stairs and were mulling around. Some wore dresses, which made me start to leave, when they started to sing. The hymn they sang was familiar to me; it was an Anglican hymn I've known all my life -- but they were singing in a different language. When they stopped, I asked one where they were from -- he said from Fiji -- which explained the dresses. I think they were the most joyful Christians I've seen there.

8YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Snowden

Snowden
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

I love this video, LFF!  Ein Karem is where St. John the Baptist was born -- it's a couple hours NE of Jerusalem.  Many of the churches are in the Muslim Quarter, as you can see from this.  The Orthodox churches are easily identified -- the cross has an extra bar above the bar Jesus' wrists were nailed to.  Usually, that upper bar is tilted to the left (that is, to Jesus' left) and up on His right, to indicate that the thief on His right went with Jesus to Paradise.  

A few years ago, archaeologists discovered an empty tomb directly below the Tomb of Christ; they believe it to be the tomb where Joseph of Arimathaea and Nicodemus laid Jesus for His three days before the resurrection.  

For some reason, seeing these videos of the Holy Land always brings me to tears.  Partly because I am homesick only for Jerusalem.  Strange.. I get many videos of Jerusalem, but this was a first for this one and I do greatly appreciate it, LFF.  Thanks so very much. I enjoyed it again today.

9YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Thu May 01, 2014 3:42 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I'm happy that you liked it, Snowden, but I'm sad that it made you cry.

10YouTube Presentations Empty Re: YouTube Presentations Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Snowden

Snowden
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

lightfootfan wrote:I'm happy that you liked it, Snowden, but I'm sad that it made you cry.

It wasn't a big "cry," LFF. I really do ache for Israel and especially Jerusalem and wish I could go back and walk the Via Dolorosa again; meditate at the top of Mt. Calvary in Holy Sepulchre again and attend a service in the Greek Orthodox church in that holy place. I could take communion with them now, as I am an Orthodox too.

I don't need a video to be emotional about the Holy Land, but it helps my heart to see the videos. It's probably strange for someone like me to be so emotional about it, but there is something about Israel, especially Jerusalem, that brings home so much of our faith.

There's a spot beneath Damascus Gate (where they celebrate each year in their Festival of Lights) where you can sit at the level of the land when Jesus walked, taught and died for us. It was only the last couple times I was there that the archaeologists had made this possible.

At this point, I never leave the house without a cane; I cannot go up and down steps. Jerusalem is impossible for me -- and I look forward to the new Jerusalem when I am young again and can easily go up those steps. I'm sure there will be steps there for some reason. However it is, it will be perfect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum