SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Info on Spaghetti Squash

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Info on Spaghetti Squash

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am

This is my first year for Spaghetti Squash..............

http://www.gardeningblog.net/how-to-grow/spaghetti-squash/

Re: Info on Spaghetti Squash

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:09 am

Hey now this is helpful! We were given a few this year and I ended up giving them away simply because I did not know how to prepare them...Do you have any recipes, Glad E Olah? If so, I will surely try them out next year!
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 am

I love spaghetti squash.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:42 am

I was disappointed in the spaghetti squash.  The plants started out great then before the squash was ripe enough it was too dry and hot for the plant and I lost most of them.  We did eat a couple and my daughter had two also for her family.

I did not revisit the above link for recipe but I baked mine and then scooped out the contents with a spoon removing the seeds first.  It comes out just like strands of spaghetti and served with butter is delicious.  Salt and pepper to taste.

A picture of the plant when stress began.....watering was not helpful much....the squash should be a bright orange when ready to pick and picking too soon does not help ripen.

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks Glad E Olah, and good to hear that spice.
ISH
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

Post by ISH on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 am

I need to replant my spaghetti bushes. The present lot look a little exhausted now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:51 am