SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Linda Ronstadt

Toneofear

Linda Ronstadt

Post by Toneofear on Wed May 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Lovely Cover. :)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Linda Ronstadt

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 20, 2016 10:38 am

I've never heard it sung that well.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Fri May 20, 2016 1:56 pm

She was a favorite of our "son," John. He died so young, but he was so dear. He came to live with us when he was about 19 and stayed until he married at 27. He died at 47; a young man far wiser than his age, and dearly loved by all who knew him. We still miss him.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Sorry for the sad memories this brought about, Snowden.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Fri May 20, 2016 2:42 pm

It is sad, LFF, but I would never want to forget John and how much he meant to us all. My son wrote a bit about him in his first book, "Knowing Darkness." What he wrote about John was an imaginary conversation he, his fellow postulant monk, Jerome, John and a few others in that group of teen-agers-reaching-twenty used to have regularly, when young adults are beginning to figure the world out and to face what being an adult means. I love that book; I think it's my favorite of Addison's books. His marriage had just failed (his wife has a mental illness and was trying to kill him) when he wrote it. He and Jerome had left the Episcopal convent when the abbot died and he, Addison, subsequently became an Anglican priest. He wrote "Knowing Darkness" some 28 years later after the divorce.

Post by Guest on Mon May 23, 2016 8:35 am

That girl had a golden voice and just cute as a button. I miss those days when music was music.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Linda Ronstadt backup band at first was the Eagles. I really like her to. I heard she can't sing like she use to anymore. Your no good was my favorite song.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 am