SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

The Weather Today

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: The Weather Today

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:35 am

LFF that is why I do not buy candy......I would be stuck with it and I am very weak at leaving it alone. I told son if anyone came there was a few mini boxes of raisins they could have.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:16 am

The raisins are a very good idea! I shall remember that.
The temperature her is currently 41F/5C, but we should reach 49 by 5 pm, if the sun shines, as it's supposed to today.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:53 pm

34 outside but feels like it's 25 here.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Just took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. It's 28F/-2C, with a very light wind. 28 is supposed to be our high today and sunny, as it is.
Tonight is supposed to be dark, with a low of 20.
Ladydi
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Ladydi on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

We woke up to 14 degrees yesterday and it did not get over 40. Today got up to 54 but it's now back down in the 20's. Calling for rain over night at only 35 degrees if we get there?!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:04 pm

39F/4C here right now. Temperature has been in the upper 30's all day, with drizzle all day too.
Our forecast for tonight is A chance of rain and snow showers before 7pm, then scattered rain showers between 7pm and 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%
Cloudy tomorrow, with a high of 40.
Ladydi
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Ladydi on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 pm

We're to stay in the 50's the better part of this week!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 am

Raining today.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:55 pm

Here too. Raining all day.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Was very windy here today and chilly. Right now it's 17 outside. BRRRR. Tomorrow it will be 39 and sunny out.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 am

30F/-1C here this morning. Our forecast says A chance of flurries before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:50 pm

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:13 pm

44F/7C here now. Expecting Mostly clear tonight, with a low around 32. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:43 am

We are having nice weather the last few days. I will grill out this afternoon and use the last of my charcoal for the season. Then the grill will be put into the shed.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:04 am

35F/2C here already. Our forecast says Sunny, with a high near 53. South southeast wind around 6 mph. I'll believe it when I see it.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 am

upper 50's here today folks. 6 mph on the wind, gusts at 20
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm

47F/8C here, and breezy. Our forecast said Sunny, with a high temperature of 50. West northwest wind around 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. earlier today, but now says a steady temperature around 48.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 am

39F/4C here now. Our forecast says Sunny, with a high near 55 today. South wind 3 to 6 mph. Rain tonight and tomorrow, cooling down on tuesday, and in the icebox on Wednesday, when I take Chipper for grooming.
I'll be leaving here shortly to visit my Mom.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Glad you had a nice day to see your mom.

It was nice here too but I slept all afternoon after taking two Aleve for a pulled leg muscle.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 am

41F/5C here this morning, with a 33m/53kmph wind from the West. A slight chance of rain showers before 10am, then a chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 34 by 5pm. Windy, with a west southwest wind 23 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 am

They are calling for snow flurries for us at the end of the week. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:08 pm

We had snow flurries and only a little left on the ground.
I hesitated to drive, but risked it. First thing I saw was an SUV slammed into the rear of a School bus. However the road wasn't slippery, so all went well. I don't drive well on snow or ice, so chances are I won't be driving much until April or May, unless March is mild.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Wish I didn't have to drive. We received a few inches of new white stull overnight and today. Currently 25F/-4C here, and overcast, with a 10mph wind. Expecting a warm up to maybe 26 tonight, with more snow.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:13 pm

There was more snow on the road when I went out at 5:30. I will probably be going to iron for my Polish lady tomorrow, and hoping the snow has melted and temps raised.
Be careful about keeping a distance between you and the car ahead.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 pm

There was a 32 car pileup on I-94 here. Fortunately, no serious injuries, but this goes to show how people forget how to drive in inclement weather.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm sure I annoy people by driving slowly when roads are slippery, but they can go around me.
Thankfully you were not involved in the pile-up.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:16 am

We have 26F/-3C here this morning, with a 13 mph wind out of the South.
Snowing here, and the forecast for the rest of the day goes as follows: "Snow showers. High near 30. South wind 6 to 11 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 2 inches. Sounds like a good day to stay inside.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:52 am

The sun is shining but it is COLD this morning and for the last few days. Thankful for the sun.

Stay safe and warm out there especially those of you that got frozen precip and snow.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:36 pm

We had about 2 inches of dusty snow and temp in high 20s, but the wind abated making a walk around the trailer park not unpleasant.
I didn't venture out in the car, but walking wasn't bad.
My South Carolina relations and friends had similar weather.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

27F/-3C here this morning, with a westerly 12 to 14 mph wind. Our forecast says Snow showers, mainly after 9am. High near 32. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Looks like just enough to make the roads slick. My Mom requested that I stay home today.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:51 pm

I have barely stuck my nose out the door today, but the birds seem to like our weather.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Was a bit warmer here today.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 pm

We had snow this A.M. Light enough to blow away. The salt truck went by. The report for the late part of the week is dire to me. Cold and colder.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:51 am

25 here but feels like 15 now. Going up to 35 today.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:27 pm

19F/-7C here, and our forecast was for 6 to 12 inches of snow. Now it says Snow showers. Patchy blowing snow before 2pm. High near 23. Northwest wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 5 inches.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Oh dear, I was supposed to lunch tomorrow with a young lady friend who is visiting from TN. I already told her, ice or snow, I won't go.

A couple of topics I am unable to get into. They are sponsored.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 pm

Which topics are those, joyous? As a member, You shouldn't be seeing ads, I don't think.
Just took Chipper out. We have 6 to 8 inches of white stuff on the ground. Fun, fun!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Lightfoot, you could have kept the snow west. Now it's here on the eastern shores of our great state .

I must check which topics had advertising.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Our weather is quite delightful at the moment, with an overcast sky, but no snow in the air, even though we have about 8 inches of it on the ground.
This could change at any time, as our forecast tells us to expect snow. High near 25. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Our snow has been mostly light, but continual. Accumulation about 4 inches, temp from 16 to 23. It's going to be a long winter.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Snowing here now. Visibility is down to about 500 feet.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Got another 4 inches in 4 hours.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:19 pm

We had heavy snow last night. Morning temp was 12. Looked to be more than 6 inches on my car. Afternoon I walked around the trailer park and the temp was 26. I have had enough of winter already.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Ten inches on the ground here, and more predicted tonight. Poor Chipper had to pee on the wall of the path made by our maintenance man, with the snow blower.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:30 am

23F/-5C here this morning, with a bright, but overcast gray sky.
The weather prognosticators are saying that we will enjoy mostly cloudy skies here today, with a high near 35 and an East southeast wind around 7 mph.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 am

Raining here with a thankful teemp of 41.....hoping it keeps this temp or higher throughout the day.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:01 pm

42 and cloudy with some rain here to.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm not sure what our temps were.
I do know that I didn't mind venturing
out today.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:04 pm

It's now 22 but feels like 11 here. Suppose to have snow late and 80% chance of it. Around one to two inches.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:08 am

21F/-6C here this morning.

Friday, my Mom suggested we celebrate Christmas yesterday, due to possible bad weather conditions, and my Sister complained because she wasn't ready yet. Said it was up to me because I was the only one who had to drive any distance. The forecast didn't sound too bad then, so I said Sunday was fine. The forecast has deteriorated though. The forecast now says Snow showers, mainly after 10am. High near 25. North northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east southeast in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 3 inches.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Weather here is snow, slippery driving, dread of going out tomorrow.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Roads are bad here too. Will be staying home tomorrow, with these cold temperatures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 pm