SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

• Reply to topic

Tell Us About Your Day

Snowden

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by Snowden on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks, LFF. Yes, it seems to be very nice.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Took Dawn to the Dentitht this morning. Chipper and I napped in the car. Then Dawn sat with Chipper when I went into Harding's Market for grapes.
Stopped at Save a Lot, on the way home,for Milk and paper towels. Again, Dawn stayed with Chipper. I brought in 6 carts from the cart corral, since I was going in anyway. Got my stuff, took it out to the car, and seeing as I was bringing my cart back in the store, I took it to the cart corral, and brought in 4 more to the store. A lady asked me if I worked there, and I told her "No. But I'm going inside anyway, so I figure I might as well bring some carts in." She told me I was awesome! The cashier thanked me too, because, otherwise, she'd have to go out and get the carts during slow times at the register. Had to leave 2 small carts in the corral, because it's hard to bring 2 sizes in.
Stopped at 'Sweet Temptations' (Like a Dairy Queen), also on the way home, and got soft serve ice cream for Dawn and me- Maple nut for me, and strawberry cheesecake flavor for Dawn. Gave Chipper about a tablespoon of mine. He loved it!
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:05 pm

That sounds like fun, LFF.

My Hospice nurse came and she pretty much put the end to the assisted living idea -- for now, at least. She said she doesn't like any of the three I heard of; sort of said that what they assist is the taking of your money. First they insist on doling out your meds, so you pay for the nurse who does that. And they add things until you have no money left. She said y Kenyan social worker has turned the insurance bill over to another social worker who will be here this week. She also ordered a frame to go over the commode, hoping that will help. Nothing will help with that trek, though!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

You could afford me, if I lived nearby.

Lghtfoot, I like that you pushed the carts inside.
Nice gestures never go unappreciated.

Today was a one load of laundry and then setting out
pepper plants, cucumber plnts, Begonias in the openings
of cement blocks which line our roadway.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:06 pm

You do keep busy, Joyous! It's going down to 52 tonight, which amazes me. And this is global warming! My how puzzling that is!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:27 pm

The global warming is a natural occurrence, Snowden. And no 'climate agreement' is going to stop it. It's been going on for thousands of years.
Will be cool here tonight too.
Took Dawn to DHS today. Haven't done much else. Been a slow day. I'm not sure where it's gone.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:46 am

Oh, I realize that, LFF. But when I was growing up, the big weather deal was that we were returning to the Ice Age. They did say it would take about 25,000 years, so not to worry. But scientists all "knew" that it was happening.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:30 am

Was up at 2:30 this morning with Chipper, at 5:30 this morning with Dawn, and I've taken a couple 2 hour naps so far today....
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Things are happening fast the last 24 hours.

I heard last night from my brothers and sister in FL. My mother took a fall yesterday and broke her right knee cap. This morning she had surgery and I even talked with her. She is in really good spirits.

My sister in law (hubby's brother the one that cut his hand and by the way that has healed good) has talked to me this morning. (I have been on the phone all day). Anyway she has provided me a spot along with their FL trip (going about 80 south of where my family lives). I will get to go along with them and my brother will come and get me at the condo my sister and brother in law will be staying. It is a long story but the brother in law here in MO will come to pick me up sometime next Wed and we will go to KY Lake and stay the night and get up early Thurs to start the trip to FL. We will stay one night about half way someplace in AL. My daughter and her kids are going. I have known about this trip for a few months but there was no room in my daughter's car. Anyway there is a spot in my one brother-in-law's car. The carvan will stop at Kissimmee FL at a condo. I will either be picked Friday late or early Sat morning. Not sure as of now. They have to be checked out of the condo on the following Tues morning. So my brother will have to get me back there.

My mother will be in the hospital for a few days (as of now) and then go to a convalescence place for ?? how long. After that my two brothers and my sister will have to take care of her. Hopefully I will get back down there for a longer visit but right now a couple or three days is great.

Like I said this is all happening really fast. I am thankful my mother was not seriously hurt. I hope she heals ok. They will begin therapy on her this afternoon.

My sister does not have a computer and brothers have cell phones with internet....not sure if I would be able to get on with one of them or not. If I can get access to a computer I will visit SATW to keep you all updated. Otherwise I will be gone from June 14 until possibly June 22. I will take LFF phone number with me and if my daughter does not mind I will use my cell phone to call him (she pays for my phone)

I am concerned about my garden for cucumbers and beans are beginning.....but my son will take good care of the veggies for me.

Phew a long post. I am beginning to get things organized for the trip.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:53 pm

I hope you have a wonderful trip full of joyful memories. Glad. I hope your mother mends quickly and doesn't have a problem with the therapy. You need family; we all do. I am happy for you that you are with your family on this trip. Enjoy!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 pm

thank you Snowden....it is going to be a quick stay but at least I am going to get to go. I have been depressed lately because I did not think there would be room for me.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 pm

This is indeed wonderful, Glad! I'm so happy to hear it! I'm praying that all goes well!
By all means, feel free to call anytime you can!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Glad, I'm so happy for you. I pray your mother heals quickly and well. Enjoy every moment of your visit.

Part of my day has been listening to James Comey try to cast doubt on President Trump. A very interesting session. We shall see where it leads.
I had no planting to do today. Just a lot of watering. Let the doggies out twice.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:37 pm

I slept late and am closing down early. Nothing to do with the farms. Addison sent me a picture of himself, his wife and their new puppy. They went to Denmark to pick up the puppy -- and that lovely black puppy is about two months old and as big as most grown dogs. So tomorrow he will have pictures of the puppy on his Timeline, if they're not already there. I have this one and am holding back because it's his puppy and he should be the one to show it off. I remember when Bamse and Sonia were that size. I'd love to see it up close.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Snowden I can't wait to see the pictures of the puppy of your Son.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your mother falling Glad. But happy that you get to finally see her even if it is just a short trip. I would be upset to if I didn't get to see my mom. Hang in there and we shall pray for your mom. Yesterday I went to our annual 6 months checkup, both John and myself. I was complaining about my right ear hurting and could hear myself chewing my food. Well, guess what? I had wax built up in it and got it cleaned out and I can hear better now. Checkup went well and don't have to go back till Dec now. Today went and picked up our food basket from the local Food Bank. Then John wanted to go detecting so I went with him and listened to music on my MP3 player. Was nice to get out. Tomorrow both of us will get our haircut and pay a few more bills and then come home and relax. My next door neighbor gave me a load of clothes, she cleaned out her closet now I have to do that to.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:22 am

I'm sorry I can't put Birk's picture in here, but I have no way of doing so, Glad. I thought he would have it on his Timeline this morning, but it's not there. Not yet, anyway.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 am

I had my hair cut yesterday and told her to cut it short and she did. I love it. I had to wet it down this morning though after I slept.....always sticks out for awhile after the hair cut when I have slept on it.

I did some shopping yesterday buying a few things for the trip.

Speaking of the trip.....here is something I learned yesterday. I went to the bank to get some traveler's
checks....They asked me how long has it been since I traveled? I said a long time. There are no more traveler's checks issued......seems they had been counterfieted. Anyway I have no credit card and use my debit card for almost everything. I was asked what states I would be going through. Come to find out some states put blocks on debit cards unless your bank unlocks the blocks. So the states of Tennessee, Alabama and Florida are unblocked for the days I will be gone. I am taking a little cash but not much.

Wonder what is next? I wonder if we will need to acquire passports to go from one state to the next in the future?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:02 am

The debit card thing is a new one on me. Mine is a Mastercard that works as a debit card. I'm not real worried, as I don't plan on going out of state.
As for state passports, there has been talk of that as a moneymaker for the States.
I'll bet that haircut looks great, Glad!
Took Chipper out to pee at 4:30 this morning. Came in to the computer. Chipper woofed at me to go out for the other relief at 5:30. Will be a warm one here today. Going to take a nap right now.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 pm

I know that passports for states was being discussed; I think it was abandoned, for now at least.

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Passports between the US and Canada seems enough for me.
We used to visit easily between here and Windsor. I enjoyed a
visit to theatre in Canada, but wouldn't be able to go now as
I have no current passport.

My day:
I'm tired and feel like sleeping all this day. Our Maggie graduated
high school last evening and those of us attending went out for
a meal of Mexican food after, which was much later than I usually
eat. I arrived home at 11:00, later than I'm usually out. Therefore,
I have been off my usual schedule. Resting has been my day.
I did let the doggies out because my son is again helping paint a
house. The youngest and the son just older than him have been on
that job for three weekends . Large house, multilevel with lots of trim.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:05 pm

I've just been reading most of today. I am reading one of the Little Rabbi books by Jonathan Keppleman and in this one he and his wife and son are visiting Jerusalem. It takes place some time before I went there, and I think a lot was done between his visit (the author's, that is) and my visits. Even so, I enjoy wandering about the city with them. I enjoy Rabbi Little stories; he's an interesting character and the books are good reading.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:33 pm

Took Chipper to the Sports Complex, while it was only about 77F this morning. Didn't walk him far- maybe mile total. Then gave him some water, before taking him home. I went to Sweet Temptations for Maple nut soft serve ice cream for lunch; ordered and paid for a double cheeseburger for Chipper's supper tonight. Called about 5 for it. They said to give them 5 minutes, and I'm only 3 minutes away, so I left to get it. The burger was Huge! Took the burger out of the bun, chopped up about half of it for Chipper. He loved it! I'll give him the other half later, after this settles. Took the bun, and cut up a couple of hot dogs on it for me, and I ate the fries. Did I fail to mention that I'd also ordered fries with it. I'd asked Ron, the owner, if he could make the fries a little soft for me. He did, and they were perfect!
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:18 pm

It sounds like you and Chipper had a good day, LFF!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:23 pm

@Snowden wrote:It sounds like you and Chipper had a good day, LFF!

Yep. He's laying here by my feet, resting. Sadly, I'll be leaving him here alone for about 6 hours tomorrow afternoon.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Chipper will not like that at all, LFF!

I had a miniature poodle once. When we had to leave her home, she punished us. First she started with the boys' toys. So I confined her to the first floor. Easy, as there was a door at the top of the stairs. So she started tearing the stuffing out of the sofa. So I put her in the cellar. After a while we found that the doorbell wasn't working. Bob found the wire was broken at the top of the cellar stairs, so he mended it as Katy watched. When this happened the third time, we realized that she was the culprit. So I put her on a leash at the bottom of the stairs, attaching the leash to the door knob to the back yard. So she wet on the step. Darn but I love the spirit of that little dog! The reason we had to leave her was that my second son had asthma and was allergic to her. When we pinpointed the problem as being the dog, we had to find her another home, breaking all our hearts. My oldest son suggested we get another home for Bobby and keep the poodle.. Well, he was only three or four, and little brother had taken some of his glory anyway. I gave her to a favorite cousin, who happened to own Katy's litter sister. A friend of theirs made beds for both dogs, beds with old-fashioned canopies. Katy let her sister pick one, then chased the sister away and claimed that bed for herself. She was the runt of the litter, and I've found with breeding dogs that this is not at all unusual with the litter runt. They seem to have the personality that doesn't take size as part of a decision making ingredient.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Chipper has never been destructive. I turn music on for him (Tomorrow, I'll have to turn on the a/c too.), and Chipper lays down, and pouts. He won't even eat anything till I get home. I think I'll try to keep the visit short tomorrow, and get home to him.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Roland grieves when Ben and Solwyn leave; he won't eat, drink or play -- won't "talk" with me. The one time he comes to me is when the vacuum is being used in the living room. Then he comes and stands beside me; he won't relax, but he thinks I'll keep him safe. I will, too. If the vacuum s between him and me, I think he runs upstairs.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Sweet dog!
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Yes, he is. Most are, of course. God's gift to us; the only thing that loves us as he does, unconditionally.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:37 am

Good morning all. Suppose to be very warm here in the upper 90's. I will be leaving to go get my medicine and a few groceries at the store. Plus pay the light bill of course and then come home and relax. Suppose to be this way the rest of this week with good chance of rain to. I feel sorry for the people who don't have ac and I know they are suffering through this heat wave. I remember when I moved here to Iowa from Chicago back in the 70's. We didn't own a fan and it was hot here and had Chris at the time. Thanks for a good friend of ours at the time. His mom was about to throw out a double fan and he say it still worked and it did. He gave it to us which was a life saver at the time. Later on we bought some more fans for the apartment we were living in. That is when I was married to my now ex husband Ron. This is Ron and John's hometown.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:48 am

I'm off to visit my Mom. A/C is on for Chipper here in the apartment. 85 outside right now.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am

I was up at 6:00, wide awake, so I came in and did a bit on a couple of the farms. Then I went back to bed and slept until 11:00 or thereabouts. Addison Skyped me from Norway to "introduce" me to Birk, the new puppy. Skype is an imperfect instrument; it was so good, but they "improved" it and now it hardly works at all. We have to turn off the picture in order to talk, so it's about as frustrating as it can get. The puppy, already about the size of a Great Dane, but with tons of fur, is about 3 months old and all you really see is black fur with a shiny spot where his nose is and two bright spots where his eyes are. Sonia likes him, the cats and kittens are a bit slower but are getting used to him. He has decided that Addison is his person, apparently. Follows him around.

They are having visitors from Canada now. They arrived while we were talking -- or trying to talk! These are relatives who moved from Norway several generations ago but kept in touch with family. There was a big family reunion in 2015 and Solrunn and her brother went to it. That's where they met these relatives.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:54 pm

I got rid of Skype a long time ago. Did you know that Microsoft now owns it? Throughout 2016 and 2017, Microsoft rebooted its Skype clients in a way that transitioned Skype from peer-to-peer service to a centralized Azure service and adjusted the user interfaces of apps to make text-based messaging more prominent than voice calling. Does that explain it?
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm afraid it does, LFF. Thanks; I didn't know about that and I doubt that either of my sons know it. Both have been frustrated, along with me, trying to converse. Addison has an Apple, which now has FaceTime, an Apple-only Skype-type service. I'll copy what you have here to Addison. I'll send it to Bobby, too, but I know he will probably never have an Apple.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 pm

Google has Google Hangouts, which is like skype.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:58 pm

skype messed up my computer slowing it way down.

And now it is yahoo that has messed me up. I wish I had copied those pm's I had saved now. Hoping it cannot be hacked for my info which I really did not store personal info there. But the emails may have something who knows now.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:23 pm

I have a Yahoo account that I never use. This computer brings it up and I "unsubscribe" to just about everything it has emails from.

Thanks again, LFF. I'll tell my sons about the Google site.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Going to bed. Good night all!
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:52 am

Good morning! Although to be honest, it's only seven more minutes of being morning. So far today I have looked at my oldest son's posts and worked on my farms. I did eat a breakfast of sorts, and that's about it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:46 pm

92 here. That's supposed to be our high here, so maybe it will start cooling down a bit.
Took Dawn to her dental appointment today. I hope she made a good impression. The one she made last week wasn't good, so she had to go make another.
We walked Chipper around the Northside Park in Otsego, while the temperature was still in the 70's this morning.
Came home, had some computer time, some small White Castle type burgers from Save-a Lot. Then took a long nap. Felt good!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:53 pm

And now it is afternoon so afternoon to you Snowden and all.

Things are a bit hetic here at my house trying to get ready to go on the trip. Tomorrow morning I will work my little part time job and they know I won't be there until late next week.

I am excited about the trip and in one way not looking forward to the long drive. After my brother picks me up I will still need to travel another 80 miles however long that takes driving in FL.

Of course the weather is hotter today than it was last week....but I am remembering I am going to an even hotter climate so this will get me adjusted to the heat.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:24 pm

My message was in the making when LFF posted.

Are the burgers good from Save A Lot? We don't have a store here anylonger but I could go over to Cape to that one. Like Aldis better anyway and that is where I went this morning to get things for sons to eat while I am gone.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:02 pm

It's hot here. I am in considerable pain today, that is, more than usual. I have the a.c. on, so I don't think it's weather related. The edema in my right leg is huge; I simply cannot lie down. For one thing, the a.c. blows directly at me when I do; at night I put my robe on the walker to block it. I still have the ceiling fan and need it to keep the room livable. My left shoulder and arm are bad today too. I'm sorry to bring this to you all; but nobody here asks me, and I'm glad they don't. Still, at times I do feel like nobody cares, even though I know they do and I don't complain here. I can ask you all to pray for me and that's what I am doing. I need to be more accepting of this. I'm not good with this degree of pain.

Last edited by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word.)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Sending more prayers than usual for you, Snowden. Wish I lived closer. So happy I was able to come out there once!

The burgers are better than White Castle, Glad!
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm glad you could come too, LFF. Joyous was going to come out but car trouble with both her car and her daughter's car made it impossible.

Darn! There's a big, fat ant wandering around here and I'm hooked up to the oxygen. Well, I got it! I haven't seen one that size in years. Maybe it wasn't an ant, but I think it was. Can't tell now! It's a black blob.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm

It seems this extreme heat is affecting all of us. Our plants looked very thirsty. We went out to carry water to them. I was fine, bouncing around with water jugs. About the time I finished and gave the birds water, I realized I was getting wobbly. I came inside, drank a bottle of water and I'm fine now.

Glad, I hope you can find a way to let us know you reach FL safe and sound.

Lightfoot, I know you will take care.

Snowden, be sure to mention the edema to your visiting medical staff.
I wish us all relief from this heat soon.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Actually the heat bothered me today and I am heading south to more heat. Now that the sun is going down I am feeling better. I did not check my garden today. Will do so tomorrow. The garden will be taken care of by my son who is watering it for me already. What is of a concern the veggies will go to waste. I told him to pick the beans and wash them of then store them in frig. I think they will be ok for cooking when I get home. The lettuce is about done right now so that won't be a loss. The cucumbers I know will get picked and eaten for Matt loves cucumbers. The squash may be putting on by then. Not time for tomatoes yet. And hey I am going to see my mother and my family.....I won't worry about the garden.

I have LFF's cell in my cell phone for texting if I can figuer out how to stop hitting the wrong buttons. And I can call his home phone at some point in time.

Most everyone has cell phone internet....if I am allowed I will try to get on like that to at least facebook. Hopefully there will be a computer. My sister does not have one but probably the brothers do but as I said most use their cell phones. If I cannot sign in to face book there I will post. something on my page using my daughter's name. I must remember to make sure I have my passwords with me.
Snowden

Post by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 pm

I finally remembered I have pills for the pain, and they have helped a lot. I hate pills and seldom remember to take them for anything but supplements. I often forget to take those, too, and find some nearly every week that I forgot to take. A dear friend gave me one of those little strings of boxes to put them in for each week day, so I don't forget it as often now.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

That's very important, Snowden. Perhaps you should put a note up where you'll see it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Snowden

Post by Snowden on Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks, LFF. I'll check it tomorrow; it's time for me to close down now and get to my prayers. You do find the greatest things! I hardly ever think to look for anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

• Reply to topic

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 am