SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Tell Us About Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Took Dawn to the visitation. Her friends were really surprised and happy to see her. Had lunch at Golden Corral. Shouldn't go at lunch time. Place was crowded, and spaces between tables are too small. I don't like people walking that close to my food. Came home, took Chipper out, and chilled the rest of the day. Will be gone all morning tomorrow at the garage sale.

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:38 pm

Hope the yard sale is going good for your mom LFF
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Happy garage sale tomorrow, Lightfoot.

Today was a bit different. Ironed for my Polish lady. While there, her sister called needing transportation to a local hospital for some blood work. I took her. Dried a load of laundry for my son as the communal dryer was available. Best of all, my South Carolina sister called and we talked of old times, Several times I was ready to hang up, but off we started again. I miss her and my two remaining brothers a lot.
WE had a beautiful thunder storm. Six 55-gallon barrels are filled with rain water and a smaller one too. So thankful to The One who gives everything.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:57 pm

Didn't do as well in the first day of this sale as we did the last sale, but my Sister did not advertise this one, which she did the last one, at a cost of $90. I was there from 7:30 in the morning till 3:15 in the afternoon. I helped with a little set up at 7:30, sat on my butt a lot of the day, helped carry things to people's cars, a couple of times, and chatted with people, but that was pretty much it. Skipped breakfast, ate maybe pound of grapes during the day, drank no beverages, and then had some left over tater tot casserole, when I got home.
Will be there about 8 tomorrow.
Joyous, is it legal there to collect rainwater?
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Popping in to wish everyone a very safe and happy 4th of July.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Worked at my Mom's garage sale again today. Will tomorrow too.
Brother in law took my Mom, my Sister, and me to supper after closing today.
Someone set off a firecracker very near to the apartments here about 6:30 this afternoon. I went outside, and saw a lady, who lives at the other end of our building, outside with her dog. Her large dog did not seem anxious at all, so I asked her if she'd seen who set that off. She said 'We' did. I told her it terrified Chipper so much that he wouldn't even go outside all night the other night. Just then, her grown son walked up and asked her what was up. She told him that the firecracker was scaring my dog. I turned around and walked back to my apartment, because it looked like what I'd said, and NOT in a heated manner, was falling on deaf ears.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Spice, have a safe Independence Day .

Lightfoot, if fireworks are taboo in your complex, perhaps you should mention it to the Manager? Secondly, you should have consumed beverages while at the Sale.

My day July 2nd:
A large part of yesterday was spent with my first born. It was his 60th birthday. His brain injury seems to be causing him more trouble. At least we think it is. He gets up in a fairly positive mood and as the day wears on, his mood changes. He cares about us, but being around more than one person is almost beyond his tolerance level.

My day today:
The Bank, the local Nursery where veggie and herb plants were $1.00 each, so I bought 10. You can see what my day will be tomorrow.
Two trips to the local Meijer store. Stopped at CVS for Arizona tea (on sale two for $5.00)for my younger son, Post office to mail a package.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:32 pm

July 5th.
It seems a Space ship has landed on earth and captured all my SATW friends.
I watched several episodes of Twilight Zone yesterday. Among them was the one where the Aliens brought a cookbook named "To Serve Man" , but in a language Earthlings couldn't decipher. I saw it ages ago and knew the outcome.
I suppose everyone is busy due to the Holiday. All I did was garden work.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm here every day- not all day, but every day.
Today, I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk, while the temperature was still cool, at 6:30, when that temperature was 63. Went to Save a Lot for some groceries, after taking Chipper home. (It was already too warm to leave him in the car, even with the windows open.) Spent the rest of the day inside- eating breakfast, watching The Price is Right (Sure miss Bob Barker), spending computer time, taking a couple of naps, etc.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:23 pm

Do you need naps, or does it just happen because of inactivity?

I had a very busy day. My 100 year old Polish lady wanted me to do the housework her granddaughter usually does. A load of laundry, vacuum, make the bed, swiffer kitchen and bathroom. Go to McDonald's for her coffee.
On the way home, a stop at Kroger for Blueberries on sale for 4 for $5.00.
Home and out to put Epsom salt around each tomato plant, dig it into the soil, water each plant / we have about 20 tomato plants.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:01 pm

I can't afford to go anywhere, so my naps are mini-vacations! They're also a relief from boredom.

You sure keep busy, joyous!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:26 am

Good morning all. Didn't do anything special for the 4th of July. Just glad they're finally through shooting fireworks off till next year. Had to put up with it for 2 weeks and it was no fun at all. Our poor dog Sassy just doesn't like the noise at all. Can't say I blame her either.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:49 am

You'll find that any loud noises will affect Sassy more now, Margie.
Yesterday was a lazy day here for me, and I think today will be too, as we're predicted to hit a humid 90.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:15 pm

I had an entire day's activities typed here. Internet went out, message gone. ARRRGG !
Washed whites.
Scrubbed kitchen floor.
Made pasta salad.
Went to Meijer store for dog food.
Visited a lady I used to take care of in the Nursing Facility.
Very nice visit.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Didn't do much today. Had pancakes and french toast for breakfast, after sleeping in late. Had some computer time, after taking Chipper for a walk. Took Dawn to the bus station in Holland to catch the bus up north to visit family, came home, took Chipper for a walk, had spaghetti for supper, more computer time. That's about it!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:17 am

Today is like any other day in my life. I will go to work (trying to get ready before it gets to much hotter). I also need to make pickles. Those cucumbers sure keep on keeping on this year. I have given countless away. Tomatoes are beginning and they are so good!

It stormed last night....really loud thunder but not a lot of rain. Son said the storm was developing over us but dumping heavy rain eleswhere. That's ok for we have had sufficient rain this summer for a change.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:31 am

The lightening helps put Nitrogen in the soil, I think.
Took Chipper to the vet this morning for a 'simple but delicate' procedure: then took him for a walk on the boardwalk here.
Stopped by Village Market and bought some Spartan Diet Dew type pop. Came home, and I hope to have a relaxing day!
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Just popping in to wish Glad a very happy birthday. Enjoy your special day.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:03 pm

is it ? If so, HAPPY BIRTHHDAY.
Spending today and Sunday with Addison. Her Mom was called in to work and no one was available, so Grandma to the rescue : ). Actually happy to help out anytime, we get along great. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend !
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Happy birthday, Glad!

Took Chipper for another walk on the boardwalk. One couple we saw had 5 little kids. They all fawned over Chipper, and he loved it!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:02 pm

bday

hpbday

balloon

To Our Glad !

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 pm

My day:
Took myself to my daughter's house. Myself, my daughter, her son and daughter went down by Lake Erie to walk around, climb on some huge rocks, my younger son joined us. Then we stopped at local restaurant for a bite to eat
I came home, showered, watered the potted tomato plants. Now I'm chillin. I begin to accept that I'm not young anymore.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:07 am

Good Morning all. Yesterday got up early and went and called Glad and wished her a Happy Birthday. Then got some to eat and went and got my hair cut and then went to pay a few bills. Then got some groceries, and came home. I had a good nap yesterday I haven't been sleeping very well. They say that Mon, Tues and Wed will be really hot here and maybe reach up to the 100's. Not looking forward to that at all. The grass here isn't green it's very dry and we need rain badly. Please pray that Southeastern Iowa gets the much needed rain soon.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Happy Sunday. Beautiful weekend here in N W Ohio.
Hope you get some rain, margie. We've had our share, much needed July and August, of course.
Another day and night with Addi : ). We both are enjoying it !
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Margie, I pray rain will come your way as needed.

Peanut, you seem to be enjoying your time with Addi.

My day:
Did a load of wash.
Picked lettuce for a salad.
Watered a few pots of tomatoes.
Showered.
Went to a local thrift store with 50% off coupon. I bought some decent towels for my son to use on his dogs. Also two pair pantyhose, still in the package. All under $5.00. This afternoon, I attended a Bridal shower. It's good to be home.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks Joyous. We still have a heat wave here in Southeastern Iowa. The heat index was 106 and the temperature got up to 93 and the next few days will be about the same. Not looking forward to this at all. I'm sick and my poor stomach is upset and we have the ac on in the front room. We just have a 110 unit and it's cools the front room and we have fans to. So don't cook in the kitchen with heat like this. No way. Haven't been any where since Sat and got my hair cut. Glad I did.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Margie, I bet your hair looks nice and feels cool.

Best thing about today was talking to my sister in S.C.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Yes , Joyous my hair feels much better and easier to take care of. I haven't had it cut since May so I was well overdo. This morning we finally got some much needed rain here. The grass still looks like hay and still needing more rain but this one really helped out a lot.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

My day:
Did the garden walk, which I do every day.
I observed the Yellow squash is prolific and
I may be able to share.
Let the doggies out.
We went to our local Nursery / plant store / now fresh veggie store.
12 ears of fresh corn, $1.00 , really ? Not local corn. I believe it came
from MO. Seemed small, but hey, 12 for $1.00 ! Back home we cleaned it, cut it off the cob, froze 3 bags. The sweetest corn I have tasted.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm concerned ! Where are you people, my SATW friends ?
There are no new posts since yesterday and this isn't April Fools Day.
Lightfoot, please tell me you're okay ? Glad ? Snowden ? 2Anne ?
Margie ? Peanut ? Anyone else ?
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 am

Oh Joyous I have been so busy.....garden is doing its thing and I have been making yet more pickles!

Today I go with two ladies to nursing home for visitation and also we have a church sister in the hospital that we may go to visit also.

Right now it is a bit cooler outside, had rain last night (awesome!) and I am watching the hummingbirds eat from their feeder. Life is good.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:44 am

By the way Joyous MO does grow great corn and 12 ears for $1 is a good price! Do you blanche the corn? I should try to freeze some.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 am

Cool here this morning, and I'll be heading to Holland (Michigan) (Half hour drive) in about 3 hours to go get some pants at Omar The Tentmaker's. Called yesterday to see if they had enough material to make a pair for me.:D

I was Dawn's alarm clock at 4:45 this morning, as her Mom doesn't have one. She has to be at the bus station at 6:20 for her bus ride home. I'll be making another trip to Holland to pick her up about 5 p.m. today. Plans then are for her boyfriend to pick her up here, and take her to his house for the weekend.( 20 minute drive) I found out yesterday that my best friend's Father died this week, and there's a visitation tomorrow afternoon.( hour drive) Seeing as I drove her to Muskegon (1 drive) last week for a visitation for an old friend's Father's visitation,just maybe I can get her to go with me tomorrow. That would sure put a cramp in her boyfriend's plans, as I'll be taking her to an appointment in Dorr ( drive) on Monday, and it might require her to come home Sunday morning. Does this sound unreasonable?
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 am

Knowing you it sounds very reasonable LFF! Don't know how you keep it all straight.

Sorry to hear of the two deaths. My condolences and prayers sent for all the friends and families for the loses.

My day is going to be spent working a couple of hours at my job then I need to make yet another batch of pickles. (Dill this time)

I am thinking back a few years ago when there was no dill in my garden and I went out and spent $1.79 for a package of dill seed. (Expensive for a package of seeds) I planted the seeds and let me tell you I have dill everywhere in the garden. Some I have to pull up in the spring it is so thick. My investment of $1.79 was well worth it. Dill anyone??
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:09 am

Thanks Glad. I have a lot of Dlls in my computer.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:08 pm

LOL LFF!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:12 pm

By the way everyone.....thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Turned 71 last week. Does not seem possible!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:03 pm

HA Glad, 71 sounds young to me.
We try to get all the (silks) or (beard) out of each ear of corn, cut it off the cob, put in quart freezer bags. That's it. Then use it any way you like later. I ate a handful raw. Oh so sweet.

Lightfoot. sounds like The Boyfriend has the best of it. You're a gem.

My day, so far:
Sabbath, my day of rest. Usually I do very little, but the Lord gave me beans and I picked them, the first small batch. Himself sauteed them in a wee bit of oil just until tender. Delicious. I also watered a couple of potted veggies. I remember Jesus and the admonition that if your hiney falls into the ditch, you help it out.
Hot and humid here.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Here lately I need everyday as a day of rest. I am tired all the time.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:09 am

Good morning all. Yesterday was John's second anniversary of his heart surgery. I'm sure glad he is still a live and well. I know for a fact that he wouldn't have done the surgery and all if I hadn't insisted he go to River Hills Community Center first and they did a EKG and told him his heart was missing beats. I'm sure glad that River Hills found the problem and sent him to our local hospital and from there we got up to Mercy Medical Hospital in Des Moines, Iowa in June and saw the doctor and then scheduled his surgery the following month. So he stayed at home for a month and took the medicine and rested up.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 am

What can I say about my day? We're at 70F, with 90% humididity, and expect a high of 78 by 5 p.m.
Took Chipper for a walk this morning, to the road, down the sidewalk to the next apartment complex and back, about mile. I'm not planning on doing much until we go to the visitation for my best friend's Dad, who passed away on Wednesday.
After I picked up Dawn at the bus station yesterday, she had me drive her out to her boyfriend's, rather than here, and she spent last night there. She's planning on his bringing her here by 3 this afternoon, so we can go to my friend's visitation for his Dad at 4. Then, she'll be staying here tonight, as a girlfriend is picking her up at 10 in the morning for something, and she and I go to the food pantry in the afternoon.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Good afternoon. Just posting round the boards this Sunday.

Enjoy your day everyone.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm

My day:
A load of laundry, garden work, my grand doggies. Angel seems old and feeble. I had to help her up the steps. Breaks my heart.
I experienced something I have only heard about. Acid reflux. We had Taco salad and it tasted so good, I had two helpings, knowing it was more food than I ordinarily eat, plus I neglected to take my probiotic. I can definitely say it won't happen again. I felt as if my esophagus was on fire. I took a small amount of baking soda in water and after awhile it eased off.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:39 am

Good morning all. Suppose to be very nice here today. Need to go start a load of laundry soon. I usually do it early in the morning when the air is off. Dishes are now done and I actually wrote a letter and have one more to write and I'm catch up finally. July mail has been very slow here but it's summer time. Got a new pair of shoes from Amazon with our gift card from our Health insurance company. Both John and I had our annual 6 month physical in June and we both got 25 dollars each. John gave his to me and we both picked Amazon. I got the shoes and didn't like the style so sending them back this week. I don't have to pay postage, they sent me that in a email so will get it printed off at the library. I found a watch I like better and will order it.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am

Good morning all. Suppose to be very nice here today. Need to go start a load of laundry soon. I usually do it early in the morning when the air is off. Dishes are now done and I actually wrote a letter and have one more to write and I'm catch up finally. July mail has been very slow here but it's summer time. Got a new pair of shoes from Amazon with our gift card from our Health insurance company. Both John and I had our annual 6 month physical in June and we both got 25 dollars each. John gave his to me and we both picked Amazon. I got the shoes and didn't like the style so sending them back this week. I don't have to pay postage, they sent me that in a email so will get it printed off at the library. I found a watch I like better and will order it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Dawn's home, so things are back to normal. She's out with a girlfriend, and I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. One of the employees at the Zipline across the river was testing something out, and he got stuck half way across the river, so they had to send another employee out on the zipline with a rope to haul them both back. Will go to the food pantry with Dawn this afternoon.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 pm

My day, thus far:
Coffee, a piece of bread, a banana.
Phone call to BCBSM to set up how medical bills will be paid, if ever needed.
The gentleman who led me through the maze was very easy to converse with,
and almost made me understand what he was telling me. Anyone who can decipher
Medical / insurance business is brilliant, in my humble opinion. So many facets of
which I simple cannot wrap my aging brain around. The plan I chose involves a small
payment with larger Co-pays, but I rarely seek medical care, so maybe I chose the best
plan. I hope.

After at least an hour on the phone, I finally got outside to water things and pick a nice, yellow squash. I'm hoping to share them with a neighbor.

Then my grand doggies. Angel tried so very hard to conquer the steps. Finally I used an old bath towel as a sling and managed to help her.

A trip down the street to buy more Sweet corn, only to find the price had gone from 12 ears for $1.00 to 6 ears for $2.00. No to the corn. I bought two beautiful, green peppers for $1.00 . Tomorrow I will make Tabbouleh.

Have a lovely, cool remainder of this day.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:03 am

Good morning all. John did up his same leg he bruised up last week. He was out yesterday, weed eating and scratched it up this time. I told him I would have to keep any eye on him when he goes out to do yard work. The riding lawn mower he just got a few weeks ago isn't working right, He went to move it yesterday and couldn't get it to stop for him. Make him very mad and I told him to get a hold of that guy he got it off of. Found a young cat dead in the road on Monday and John put it in a bag and I called Animal Control to come pick up the poor thing. Finally came yesterday after making yet another call.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 am

My day has started out with my waking up drenched in sweat, even though I slept with my shirt off, and a fan on me. Humididity outside was only 82%, and 61% inside. Turned the a/c on high, as I took Chipper outside for a few minutes. Now the inside humididity is 53%, and I'm feeling a bitta bettah. Will take a shower in about an hour or so. Then taking Dawn to a hair appointment at 2:30. No other plans for today yet.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 am

My day starts out working concerning photobucket issues! I finally found where I had put the writer's fearher....I am going to miss it. I went over to the writer's forum and looked around. No photobucket issues there right now. I did look at the avatars for the members and found a cute one ISH had used. I placed it on my computer but I cannot figuer out how to put it here. It wants a link for the jpg.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 am

Right click it, and save it to your computer.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:00 pm

My day:
The usual, minus laundry.
Put up a half gallon jar of Dill pickles. Picked beans, kale, lettuce.
I decided to walk around our Trailer Park to let the doggies out.
By the time I was home again, I could tell the heat was bothering me.
So I made my coffee and sat down.
Angel was feeling more like her younger self. I'm so glad to see her feeling less wobbly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:44 am