SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Tell Us About Your Day

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by margie52501 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Good evening all. Had to go to the foot doctor the other day. My middle toe on my right foot was bothering me and I was concerned about it. He say I had a blister on it and took care of it. Also looked at the one that had a ingrown toe on the left foot and it's much better now. Got measured for my new pair of shoes and will get them next week. They're really pretty and have flowers on them. I can't wait to try them shoes, on. They're tennis shoes of course or as the foot doctor says Athletic Shoes. LOL!!! Weather here is much cooler the past few days only in the 70's and 50's at night. I'm enjoying it.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:44 am

Dawn went to her eye appointment today. I went to Save a Lot, Rite Aid (Got my flu shot.), and took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. Going to take a nap now.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Sleep well LFF.

I got my flu shot on Wednesday.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Napped 15 minutes, and Chipper pawed at my recliner. I basically ignored him, so he barked that sharp bark that says I need to go out NOW! So, I got up, and took him out. He did have to go. Came back in, napped for 20 minutes, and we went through the routine again. I got up, and took him down the sidewalk. Came back, and sat out on the patio for about an hour with him. Chipper was then content, and we came inside.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:03 am

Maybe he wanted some alone time with you outside??
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 am

@Glad E Olah wrote:Maybe he wanted some alone time with you outside??

Maybe. But he got me up 4 times during the night, having excrement difficulties. Could be nerves because he heard Dawn and me, when we were talking about her leaving.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:48 pm

How old is Chipper now? (Sorry but have forgotten the name of the other dog that went to doggie Heaven a few years back) I will never forget the stroller picture of your two boys.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Lightfoot, I hope you get your elastic socks.

I did almost nothing today.
Tomorrow my daughter, grandson, granddaughter and I leave for South Carolina.
Wish us safe travel.
As an aside, I think I'm weary of the NFL fiasco. I have no love for football, so what they do is of little interest to me. Of course that is today. Next week, I may change my mind.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:54 pm

I'll watch college football, but no more nfl. (Lower case intentionally)

Chipper's brother's name was Frankie. Chipper is 10.

Took Chipper to the Sports Complex this morning. Walked 2400 paces (Yes, I counted them.), and at 30 inches a step, that works out to 6000 feet, or a little over a mile. Got back to the car, and poured him some cool water. He laid down and drank some! This afternoon, I took him for a walk down the sidewalk here, along the road- another mile or so. I talked to him about Mary, and how we used to walk the two of them.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:38 pm

He is so cute,
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:42 am

Thanks, joyous.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:05 am

Well, today is October first. You know what that means- tomorrow is October second, I guess.
I'm sitting here, getting caught up on my emails. Received a reply from my Seester. I'd sent her an email, asking when she, her husband, and my Mom would be returning from their trip to South Dakota. She told me that They'll be home October 6, and that 'Mom went to Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, a Black Hills Gold factory (where she bought a ring and a watch). We stopped at the Corn Palace on the way out. We are going to take a ride through Custer State Park and visit Wall drug.' These are places we visited as a family back in the early 60's.
I guess I won't be going to my Mom's today. I didn't go there last Sunday either, as it was packing day for the trip. My Mom wasn't sure back then, if she wanted to go, but I'm glad my Sister talked her into going, and my Mom probably is glad too.

The temperature here is only 42, so I'll finish breakfast and take a shower. Hopefully, the sun will have warmed things up enough that I can take Chipper for a walk. Other than that, I have no plans for the rest of the day...yet.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:44 pm

Isn't it odd that today is Oct. 1st here too ? 2lol
Lightfoot, I'm glad your mom went and enjoyed
seeing places I have never seen.

My day has been less than perfect. After doing laundry, showering, going all over trying to rent a car, my daughter and I came home defeated. There goes leaving today for a trip south. I was amazed to learn I have NO credit rating. We may try again tomorrow. :pray:
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Took Chipper for two walks today- a morning walk on the boardwalk, and an afternoon walk along the sidewalk out here. I also was able to go get myself a maple nut soft serve ice cream. Watched a Barney Miller episode ( I love that show!), and watched a movie called Crimson Tide, which was about a nuclear submarine about to fire nuclear missiles at Russia. It was made in 1995, and a young First Officer stages a mutiny, to prevent his trigger happy Captain from launching his missiles. Can relate it to our present situation with North Korea.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Good evening all. Stayed home today and resting up. Trying to get over this darn cold and sinuses infection still. Drinking plenty of water and hot tea. Have to go pay the vet bill tomorrow and then I will do a few other things and come home. Rest up since Tues is payday. Have a great week all.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:24 am

I am so glad Tues is pay day. My money does not last long anymore.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:44 am

Got my money from doing the Election's in Sept, on Sat. I'm almost broke. I bought groceries, pay the vet and still have a few dollars left now. Tomorrow is payday and will be broke again. We need to take the van to the shop and see what's wrong with it. Always something. Sad about the shooting in Vegas. Praying for the people that we killed and injured to.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm ready to roll toward South Carolina. This time we got the SUV. :pray:
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Wow Joyous sure wish I could tag along.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Looks very fall like in here. I've been under the weather for the last 3 weeks with a head cold that I just cannot shake. Husband is sick now too, but he has the flu.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 am

2:30 this morning, I heard the crash of Dawn falling. She was up, but her medicine caused her to fall, twice! Then, being bull headed like she is, she insisted on going to the kitchen for a glass of water, which she never got, because she fell a third time- her foot had fallen asleep. After making sure she was okay, I helped her back into bed, and she went right back to sleep, but I didn't, and neither did Chipper. I went in and checked on her a couple times, and Chipper's by her right now.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:45 am

Wow! Tell Dawn I am praying for her!

My day yesterday was visitation at the nursing home, then a churh friend in the hospital, then Marie and I went to eat Chinese at a new resturant! It was very good! Afterward to Aldis.

Our Aldis is remodeling their store (for about 6 weeks now). This Sunday they will close down temporailay for another 6 weeks. I will miss it but know it will be a better shopping experience when it reopens.

The third lady that goes each Tuesday is visiting her daughter in CA until the 13th. Her daughter is in stage 4 cancer so if you would please pray for her. Thank you.

We are in need of rain here. A NO Burn order is in affect.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:05 pm

Speaking of Aldis, our just reopened for business on Monday here. They were closed for 6 weeks also. Grand opening is tomorrow, Oct 6th. Tomorrow if my mom lived she would have been 97 years old , on Oct 6th. I sure do miss her dearly.
My youngest son Jason called me last night. He was driving to work and a deer came out of nowhere and did damage to his car. He is okay but shook up from it. Called the sheriff office and they came out and looked for the deer but couldn't find it. Took pictures of the car and he posted it on Facebook. The front end of the drivers side is really damaged but he got the car home and called the insurance company. He is still paying on the car but he say if it is totaled he will take it as a loss and since he has another car he will be fine. So he told me he was going back to work. All I wanted to know , was he okay and he say Yes. Scared me that's for sure. I wasn't ready for this either. Also went to get my medicine at the pharmacy yesterday, doctor ordered me a pill for my cough I had. I had went there on Tuesday because I hadn't felt good and had a cough and was sneezing. She say I had allergies and start of bronchitis. Wonderful. I got a nice surprise from the pharmacy, our Health Insurance didn't cover the medicine for my cough which was 30 dollars, the pharmacies got it down to 8 dollars but a lower strength of medicine and have to take 3 pills , 3 times a day. I called the health insurance company, AARP, United Health Insurance today and let them know I was upset. All they did was say I'm so sorry. They say you could have called us and we would have told you if we pay for that medicine or not. So I say, so you want me to call you and ask you, while I'm in the doctor office if you guys will pay for the medicine or not? That's nuts. She kept apologizing to me and I say maybe I should look for another Health Insurance Company? I also say we pay for Health Insurance every month is it really worth it? She say I'm so sorry, I say I had
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 am

Not much to tell here yet. I slept in this morning. We had rain overnight, but I'm hoping for a drier day so we can take Chipper for a walk.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:03 am

Send the rain down to MO Please!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 am

@Glad E Olah wrote:Send the rain down to MO Please!

No can do. Sorry! It seems to have a mind of it's own- heading to the SouthEast.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:21 am

There's a little patch on the stage, just east of Wichita, Kansas that might be headed up toward Jackson, Mo, but I don't hold a lot of hope for it, Glad.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Raining here as we speak and will again tomorrow to. I'm not sharing the rain here since we need it. Sorry folks.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Took Chipper and Dawn to Otsego- Dawn had to return some shoes. Then, we went to one of the parks there. When I got home, I'd received a very stressful email that I had to diplomatically reply to. Now I'm going to go eat supper.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 am

LFF sorry about your stressful email....hope all is ok today.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:11 pm

I hope so too, Glad. Last night, I could have been singing the Bobby Lewis song, 'Tossin and Turnin', when I finally got to bed. Consequently, I overslept a bit this morning, got a late start, ran Dawn to the bank and store this morning, before she left at 11:15 for her weekend getaway. Then, I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk,put gas in my car, got myself a treat, and came home. That's my day so far.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 am

Sorry about the email LLF. Sometimes life can send us a rough time. I know that feeling myself. The other day my oldest son Chris called and say he couldn't get his blood sugar down and was going to see the doctor yesterday. It seems he filled out the wrong paper work for DHS and they say he was suppose to pay 10 dollars a month for his blood sugar medicine and didn't. He went 3 weeks without it. But it was worried he might have to take insult but he is okay and got his AIC down. But now he has lost his cell phone. As for me I'm resting up for the Election Polls again on Tues for city council and mayor race. Have to be there at 6 am till after 8 pm. Got a ride there already to. Still trying to get over a bit of whatever I got , doctor says allergies and start of bronchitis. Wonderful.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:12 am

Good morning all! Nice cool morning here, but I fear that may change.

My Sister, Hubby, and my Mom have returned from their 2 week trip to South Dakota. I hope my Mom had a good time, even though my Sister has emailed me that she got a little short with my Mom sometimes.. I'll find out today, as I'll be going to Douglas to visit, hopefully find the problem with my Mom's router, and get a report about the trip. Not much else to tell yet.

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 am

God has sent us some slow rain showers and I love it!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:53 am

Today is Tuesday, so I will be taking Dawn to a meeting at noon, during which I will walk Chipper on the boardwalk. After that, I plan on driving over to the pharmacy, where I'll pick up prescriptions for Dawn and me, go to Family Dollar for a card, and some peach flavored drink mix to put in my tea, since I have cut out the Mountain Dew, except for an occasional treat, and then stop by the bank to check on a transaction I made at Payless shoes on 10/6.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm

It seems not everyone had a perfect week in my absence.
I had a wonderful trip to S.C. , with family a few days, the first leg of the journey back was fun as we twisted and turned on a Rattlesnake road, uphill, downhill between highway 40 and Hot Springs on highway 70 . Later in Richmond, Kentucky stopping at a Days Inn, in rain, we learn that a popular football game and a Car race had filled EVERY motel in Kentucky. 4 adults were forced to sleep in an SUV. My daughter simply couldn't continue driving on dark 75 in pouring rain. The following day proved more promising as we managed to find a lovely motel manageress who let us into a room at 3:00 P.M. Monday was a lovely day to finish the trip.

Then came today. Our washing machine began leaking. Remove machine, clean up, off to ABC to purchase a new washing machine, which will be installed tomorrow morning.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Happy to hear your trip was good, joyous!

I've been home all afternoon, very relaxing. kids were playing, loudly, outside my window tonight. The neighbor upstairs, who has to get up very early in the morning, recorded their antics, as well as the choice words they were shouting. I calmly sat by my computer, with the window open.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm

If he must go to work, he has a beef.
With the way college kids behave, is it any wonder ?

I'm signing out so I can completely rest.
Goodnight, Lightfoot.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm

I had a busy day today. Nursing home ministry this morning. Then a bit of shopping at the thrift stores. Then to Rulers (owned by Kroger) for a few groceries. Aldis is really remodeling big time and won't open back up until the middle of Nov right before Thanksgiving. Rulers is ok but not as good as Aldis. After that my friend and I went to Burger King then she had appointment at the dermatologist. She will stop the chemo cream on her nose and her forehead and now begin each side of her face for three weeks. The biospy from her right ear and left wrist came back with cancer so now she will have to have surgery on the ear next Monday and the arm 10 days later. I have been worried about her ear for a couple of months now. She had a good size not on that ear. If her sons can't go with her on Monday I told her I would go along to give her support. The surgery on her ear will take up to three hours and the place on her arm just about 20 mins. Marie is in her late 70's and would do anything for you so I want to be there for her if she needs me. Requesting prayer for her please.

Tomorrow I will stay home and do several loads of laundry and clean the house. Then midweek Bible study tomorrow night.

Joyous, so happy you had a good trip to SC. And LFF don't stay too busy. It is always good to take Chipper for a walk. How old is he now?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Chipper is 10.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 am

He is getting up there in age now.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:32 am

Yes. We walk slowly together.
Good morning all! I slept really well last night- these cooler temperatures really help!

Chipper had me up at 3: 30 this morning- to go out in the rain. Came in and dried him off. Then, he slept in the recliner with me for 4 hours!

No big plans here today, as there's a 100% chance of rain. Sounds like an indoor day!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 am

Today John and I have been married 26 years and have been together 28. Also worked the Election Polls from 6 am till 8:30 pm last night. We only have 77 people show up for the City Council and Mayor's race here. It was to outs some of the ones the voted didn't want in office . Next month their will be a final race to seat the City Council and down to one person for Mayor here and that's on Nov 7th.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Rain, chilly, let doggies out, ABC guys were here to install washing machine. Such nice young guys. They had an easy installation here as the old machine had already been picked up by waste removal and Himself insisted on hooking the new one up. They were great carrying it inside.
My second cuppa and I still feel tired.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

After suffering with a cold for 3 weeks I am finally back to normal. If there is such a thing.

Enjoy your new washing machine joyous.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:36 pm

spice glad you are feeling better.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Took Dawn to Grand Rapids to see where her disability hearing will be. Traffic wasn't too bad, but in December, I don't know what the roads are going to be like. Also, I couldn't see the entry on Google Earth street-view, so I wanted to find it today, rather than have to spend time looking for it on the day of her appointment.
Then, on the way home, I stopped by the Sports Complex, so we could walk Chipper too.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Spice, thank you. I used it once and I like it. We had the old Speed Queen many years and I hated seeing it trashed. The new one seems good right now.

Lightfoot, many years past, my then husband and I visited Grand Rapids often. It was an interesting, old city.

Today we did a lot of garden cleanup/ Much is yet to be done.

Goodnight dear Shouters. :pray:
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:41 am

Joyous, I still have my garden to clean yet. Picked peppers and spinach yesterday. A few tomatoes still hanging on.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:14 am

Drinking my peach flavored tea again this morning. Have quit drinking that Mountain Dew stuff, and Dawn said my legs are looking a lot better. Maybe I can quit wearing my compression stockings!

No big plans today. Will take Chipper for a walk later...
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Glad, I took out 8 tomato plants this afternoon. I placed the green tomatoes on oilcloth covered with white paper towels to ripen. there are a few plants left to chance. The kale is falling to Cabbage worms. The garlic spray seems to have lost it's power.

Lightfoot, tea or juice or water is far more beneficial to your health.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Today, we took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk, up into town, around the old bank, back down to the riverfront, and then to the library. Then, we drove to Rite Aid, and to Save a Lot.
Tonight, when I did a power cycle on my modem, router, and computer, I lost power to my computer. The power switch did nothing. I checked my power strips, and all my components. Even replaced my power cord. Then I found I had no power to my monitor. Then, a flicker of light appeared in my brain. Touched the on switch on my monitor- worked fine, so I checked the master power switch on the back of my computer, and I had inadvertently bumped that, and turned it off, when removing the power cord. Turned that on, hit the other power switch on the front of my computer, and I had power!
Then, while hooking up the mouse and keyboard, the computer booted into my user account, so I restarted it, and booted into my admin account, which I use all the time, and I was good to go!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:43 am