SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Tell Us About Your Day

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by joyous on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Glad, I took out 8 tomato plants this afternoon. I placed the green tomatoes on oilcloth covered with white paper towels to ripen. there are a few plants left to chance. The kale is falling to Cabbage worms. The garlic spray seems to have lost it's power.

Lightfoot, tea or juice or water is far more beneficial to your health.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Today, we took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk, up into town, around the old bank, back down to the riverfront, and then to the library. Then, we drove to Rite Aid, and to Save a Lot.
Tonight, when I did a power cycle on my modem, router, and computer, I lost power to my computer. The power switch did nothing. I checked my power strips, and all my components. Even replaced my power cord. Then I found I had no power to my monitor. Then, a flicker of light appeared in my brain. Touched the on switch on my monitor- worked fine, so I checked the master power switch on the back of my computer, and I had inadvertently bumped that, and turned it off, when removing the power cord. Turned that on, hit the other power switch on the front of my computer, and I had power!
Then, while hooking up the mouse and keyboard, the computer booted into my user account, so I restarted it, and booted into my admin account, which I use all the time, and I was good to go!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:03 am

So happy that you find out the problem to your computer LLF. I have bumped John's computer several times since the strip is down around my desk. I have learned to be very careful not to bump it anymore. We need to get it situation a bit different now. A good friend of ours mowed out lawn yesterday and took me to the store so I got money from our debit card to pay him to. Also got a package from First Line Medical with 50 dollars worth of medical supplies we ordered for this month. They come at no cost, if you belong to United Health Care. You can get 50 points every 3 mos. So now we can't get anymore unless we pay for it till Jan of next year. But we're fine now. Also saw on the news that our SS is going up next year but every time they do that our Medicare goes up, Health Insurance goes up and we lose Food Stamps . So we can't win for lose either.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:57 am

Well, we can hope the Social Security increase will be a little more than the medicare premium increase. ....

We have a steady drizzle here. The rain started about 3 this morning. From the appearance of the radar, we may get this stuff for most of the day.

S'okay! I have french toast for breakfast, smoked sausage for lunch and dinner, and an endless supply of tea from my iced tea maker, ice from my icemaker. I also have 2 comfortable recliners, and an electric fan to blow air on me. Dawn will be leaving in about an hour for the weekend, so Chipper and I can stay here in our 'man cave'.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 am

Last year my raise was $3 on SS and that was exactly how much my medicare went up each month. I hope medicare does not increase like my supplentamental insurance did recently. A whopping $29 a month.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:53 pm

I think it's marvelous that certain people know what a Power strip is !
If this computer stops or acts up in any way, I'm at a total loss.

I learned about a book, "The Lost Ways", which every household should have.
I know much of the old ways from my own parents and from my childhood, but
I'm not familiar with all the weeds and plants which are safe for food and for
medicine. If life here gets really bad, and it well may, I want to know how to
survive. Not so much for myself as for my children and grandchildren.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Went with my friend to the dermatologist this morning and they cut out all of the cancer from her ear. We were there about 5 hours. Sure glad they got it all. Now Friday she will get the place above her wrist removed. It won't take as long as today.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Glad, your friend is blessed to have you willing to stay there with her through the procedure.

I ironed for my 100 year old Polish lady today.
Usually it's Friday, but another friend needed me to stay at her place
while her front door was replaced.
I also took a money order to my younger son's Insurance agent.
They close at 5:00 and he works until 6:00.
Insurance has gone up, which annoys me because we have no tickets, no claims, so why?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Maybe I'll have to have this spot above my wrist looked at. I did, after all, have some skin cancer on my forearm....

Well, today, I took Dawn to Muskegon to see her attorney, met with him for almost an hour, then drove back to Holland, ate at the Golden Corral buffet, bought a couple of furniture movers. We'd taken Chipper with us, and we'd taken him out of the car for 2 short walks to pee, but when we got home, Dawn took Chipper for a long walk that he was happy to go on.
Tonight, Dawn and I tried to psychoanalyze each other as to why we eat like we do, and why we're so heavy, how we feel about that, how we feel when we eat, etc.

Insurance premiums go up to pay for claims of other people, some of whom don't have insurance, and to insure a profit for the insurance companies.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am

Morning all. Vicky took me out to eat for my birthday which was last month. We had make plans to go out when it got cooler here. It was very nice last evening. Then she took me to the store to get a few things and then home. Working on getting letters to my pen pals done from Sept. Just have about 3 left now. Starting to get Oct mail now. Will make out a list of who we shall sent Christmas cards to next month. Won't be long till it will be Christmas folks.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:01 am

Let me begin at the beguine. Chipper had me up at 4 this morning. Came back in, slept till 7. Then, besides trying to get caught up on emails and notifications, I spent most of the morning trying to copy, save, print, and send forms for Dawn and her attorney. I don't use my copier/scanner/printer often enough to know what I'm doing, but finally got it done. I also had to download a PDF plug-in to my Irfanview program, so I could read my attachments.
Now, I have to leave to take Dawn to her doctor's appointment in Allegan....
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am

You sure are a busy person LFF. You also Joyous and Margie.

I am getting ready for work today since we cancelled the nursing home Tuesday because of friend who had the surgery yesterday. I have not talked with her this morning but last night about 9:30 I did and she was doing ok except for soreness in the ear. It will be sore for a few days. And yes LFF please have that place on your arm checked. There were quite a few men having places on their arms or faces done yesterday. One man even had a bandage around his neck.

It is sweater weather here now and I LOVE it!

Have a great day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Everyone seems to be leading busy lives. I find I have more time since Facebook changed Farm Town . I only miss harvesting for Snowden. I can still post daily scripture so all is not lost.

Today ? An early start with a shower, across the road for gas and air in a slow-leaking tire. Then to Discount Tires to have them check the leak. Traffic was horrendous, but the guys at Discount Tires are such great people. A nail or a screw he said and I will need new front tires soon.

Let the dogs out.
We went to a local Farm Market, bought Broccoli, Potatoes, Acorn squash, Green peppers - which I washed and chopped for freezing / 2 quart bags.
I am now eating leftover pizza.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 am

I just froze two one gallon bags of peppers from the garden but I did not take the time to chop them. Will do that as I need to use them. Some peppers for stir fry I do not need to chop so that way I will only need to chop as I go. And the larger chunks of peppers are just as good in spaghetti sauce as the sauce cooks down the peppers fall apart.

Speaking of spahetti....about time for a big pot but think I will make either chili or soup first now that the weather is cooler. Last night I made a wonderful meat loaf and there is some of that left for today.

I am going to plant my fall garlic today if there is time before I need to get ready for church. And some garden clean up.

Have a great day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Glad, this is such a beautiful day in Southeast Michigan.
I spent the morning taking out potted flowers and cutting back
Peonies, various flowers that must be cut down so the gardens
will look neater for Winter.
I met our new next-door neighbors today. Two youngish men
who work at the airport. They work in the hangers for Delta.
I wanted to let them know that Wednesday is trash day and
also that cars should be parked in certain areas.

I made my afternoon coffee, walked to my son's trailer, coffee
was a bit cool. I put it in his microwave for 15 seconds and
managed to tip it over as I went to take it out. Therefore, I had
to clean the microwave and make another cup when I came home.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Went to the food pantry today. Got about 6 paper grocery bags of foodstuffs. Of course, I don't use paper bags. I used my reusable Save a Lot bags. The 'paper grocery bag' description was just to demonstrate the amount. Dawn took Chipper for a walk after we got back. I've been sitting here by the computer because I can't get through the doorway, due to my swelled head. A lady on another forum told me I was a really nice guy, and 'so sweet'.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm

And so you are, Lightfoot. Eat it up !
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Oh shucks, joyous! I'd just gotten to where I got through the doorway for supper, and there you go saying that! Now, my head's swelled up again!

For the last two weeks, I've been suffering with a slow 9Mb/s internet speed. Tried power cycling, and even updated the firmware on my router. Tonight, I tried bypassing my router, and lost my internet signal altogether! Hooked the system back up the way it was- cable to modem, to router, to computer, and we're back in business!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 am

Came back from Spain on Tuesday and it was warm here-such a nice surprise. Yesterday it rained all day and its not much better this morning.
It was hot in Spain getting up to over 90F on some days and we had a great time though only made the beach once.
Must collect the last of the apples and return to post office where I left my shopping bag behind.. I phoned and they have saved it for me to pick up.
Husband out golfing and I am having a lazy morning.
ckn
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:01 am

Don't you just love lazy mornings? I think mine is that this morning too.

I worked out in the garden yesterday helping with the clean up......really tired today.

It is a beautiful fall morning here with crispness in the air.....and leaves show their tiny touch of color.

Have a great day everyone.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am

Hi all! Woke up confused and a little wobbly. Had breakfast, and laid back down for a while. Chipper laid down with me till I guess he figured I was okay. Sat there a while, and just got up. Sorry if my typing is a bit slow this morning. May go to store, and take Chipper for a walk later.
Have a good day all!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:22 am

Hope you are on the mend LFF. Chipper is such a loyal companion.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Lightfoot. does the confusion happen often? May it be blood-sugar related?
Just so you know, your computer shenanigans are Greek to me . aarggh

2Anne, you just made my day brighter with admitting leaving your bag at the PO, something I would do and feel like keeping it to myself.

Glad, MO sounds so much like MI. Crisp breezes and feeling tired after a morning of garden clearing.
I also let my doggies out. Time for rest.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:38 pm

I'm feeling better. The confusion doesn't happen often. Maybe confusion is confusing. I felt 'out of it'. Just had to get my bearings. We took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk and went to Save a Lot. Came home, I vacuumed my room, moved some of the furniture around, and vacuumed it again, Dawn's room, and the hallway, while Dawn cleaned the bathrooms. Told her I had to sit down a bit, and she said she'll finish the vacuuming.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:48 pm

Living alone is pleasant, but living with someone has it's plus side too.
In the Senior building where my Polish lady lives, they call each morning
to make sure she is ok.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 am

Thanks joyous you remind me it is time to call my mother. In the building where she lives she reports in every morning and also when she leaves and returns.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:15 am

I'm happy to report that the confusion that was prevalent yesterday morning has not made a reappearance today. Apparently, the disapproval of it's emergence has forced it to depart, or at the very least, recede into the background, thereby allowing an earlier resumption of my activities. I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast, will take a shower, and resume daily activities.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Lightfoot, that is very good news. May it be many years before you become confused again.

Glad, it sounds like your mother's residence is caring and diligent. That sure puts your mind at ease.

My day so far:
Swept kitchen floor. Forgot to eat breakfast, but had coffee. Took out 4 O'Clock plants. Cut down Peonies and pulled out invading plants / weeds. Washed whites . Showered, ate lunch, went to CVS for Arizona tea and Tide for my youngest son. Went to Meijer for a few food supplies. Went to City Hall to drop off request for absentee ballot. Let doggies out.
At last, rest.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Were the 4 o'clocks done for the season, or were they still edible?
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Good evening all. Got some work done around the house today. Yesterday did volunteer work for the local church for the food drive once a month. This time it wasn't to hot at all in the 70's. We had over 138 people show up from 3 pm till 5:30. Didn't leave the church until almost 6 pm. We were all busy till the last minute. I went to bed early because I was beat and didn't get in a nap either. Had a ride there and back as well. Still don't know what's wrong with a our van either.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:49 pm

What are the symptoms with your van, Margie?
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:13 am

My day today will go to see an old friend who is looking for someone to mow and weed eat her yard next year. She asked if my son was interested and of course he said yes. She lives on the east side of Jackson and I live on the west side but our town is not that big. I will need to take him to and fro and wait for him to do her yard. I figuer I could go to a couple of thrift stores while he is mowing. We will find out today the estimate time it should take.

It is nice today and may rain tonight and tomorrow. We still need the rain.

Matt took the hummingbird feeders down earlier this week and I cleaned them ready for next year. James has most of the garden cleared out. Only thing left is a couple of tomato plants that are still hanging strong. Matt wants to change the layout of the garden slightly so when he does I will get new pictures. What he has in mind will give us better control of the walk way in between the areas and make some of the planting areas a bit larger. The two old clothes line polls the elderly lady next door gave me before she died 15 years ago have seen their toll now. Rusted through in some places. We may need to place something else there for the fences. I remember those polls when we moved here in 1967 so they are now 50 years old. The ones I have are close to that age for we had to replace them the year oldest was born in 1970. We had wooden ones that were rotted. The medal or steel ones last longer but they do rust. Oh well no one hangs clothes out any more. We just incorporated the polls into our garden lay out.

Have a good day everyone!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:30 am

Ever amusing, Lightfoot. I hope your day is filled with laughter.

Margie, maybe there is a mechanic among your church group,
one who could check your van ?

Glad, I would like hanging laundry outside, if I had a clothesline.
I used to work for a lady who wanted her wash hung outdoors and
I gladly obliged. I enjoyed taking the fresh-sun-smelling sheets
straight from the line and back on her bed.

My day:
A day of rest.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:48 am

Took Chipper to the Sports Complex this morning- soccer games or something going on, so we didn't stay long- wlked at the other end of the complex. Came home, ate breakfast, watched some Star Trek- Voyager on BBC, and now I feel like a taking a nap!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:27 pm

I may fall asleep here in my comfortable, worn, old recliner.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Some folks from the apartments had a cookout at the grill and picnic table across the parking lot, with hamburgers, hot dogs, cole slaw, potato salad, and pudding cups! After they got all se up, they asked me if I'd like to join them, so I did! Had a cheeseburger, 3 hot dogs, some cole slaw, and a pudding cup. Took 4 hot dogs and 2 pudding cups home with me. We only had 6 people- But we had a couple of kids stop by for pudding cups. Took Chipper to the boardwalk afterward for a long walk. Then stopped for ice cream on the way home.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:28 am

Good morning all. Today is my oldest son's birthday. Chris will be 42 years old. I just got off the phone with him. I haven't seen him since April of this year and I sure do miss him a lot. But he doesn't have a driver's license or a car either. He is living with his girlfriend Andi going on 7 years. I don't care for her or her family . They have called the law on me several times for things I didn't do. I can't forgive or forget that , though I never told my son how I feel about his so called girlfriend. I don't want anymore trouble from them at all. Because if I get another phone from the law in Henry county and it's about me. I have told Chris I will be done with him and that's that. John thinks I should forgive Andi and her crazy family but in my heart I just can't do that right now. Enough to say I told you so.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Gee whiz, Lightfoot, your life sure is interesting.

Margie, sometimes it takes time to forgive.
Have they asked your forgiveness ?

My day:
1 load laundry.
Shower.
Kohl's to buy a hostess gift. I'm invited to Turkey Heaven this afternoon.
These young people raise their own turkeys and invite friends to eat the first 1 or possibly 2.
I hope to be given the carcass for soup.

Back to Kohl's for shoes for my grandson's coming birthday. 30% off makes a good price.
Very soon we leave for Turkey heaven.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Your life is quite interesting too, joyous!

Today, I visited my 90 year old Polish lady. Yes. My Mom is Polish. Oh the stories she can tell of growing up in....No. Not Poland, growing up in a Polish neighborhood in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

My Mom, Sister, and I picked up all my Mom's lawn ornaments today, and put them in a storage bin on my Mom's deck. My Sister and I picked up sticks from my Mom's yard, and moved my Sister's snow blowers up to her garage ( they were stored in my Mom's garage for the summer). Then, we tried to figure out why my Mom's Alexa Dot and caption phone were not connecting to the wireless signal from her modem/router. Finally called Frontier (her ISP) Couldn't figure it out, so My Sister was setting up a service call, for a tech to come out, and I came home, took Chipper out, then fed him, and fed me, while I was catching up on my emails.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I had a busy day today with worship services. I made some chicken salad out of a can of chicken for lunch. Was really good too. I don't have time to cook on Sundays so if there are no left overs from Saturday we just eat sandwiches.

It began to rain this afternoon and we got a very nice shower right before I went to night church.

I called a good friend last night for help with my computer. I am still having trouble with it freezing up but not as bad. By the way thank you good friend LFF!

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Is there a certain thing it's freezing up on?
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 am

No just every so often. I think I will try to check in the area where you told me about the duck duck. That's when I started noticing it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:18 am

Wouldn't hurt to run a disk clean up too.
The rain that inundated Windwalker's in Alabama is now here. We'll be getting it for a week, so we have no big plans. Will probably be taking an umbrella to walk Chipper.

Wishing all a good day!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

I used the CC cleaner.....is that what you mean?

Rain has stopped here but cloudy.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:48 am

Actually, the windows disc cleanup in your system tool under accessories is probably enough, but I also use Superantispyware.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Good evening all. Very windy and cold here today. I'm not sure what's wrong with the van yet. About forgiving Andi and her family I will have to think about that for a while.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 am

Am I missing a day ?
Hard enough to recall what I did today.
Yesterday ? Forget about it ! (Who was the comedian who said "Forget about it?" )
So far today I have had my coffee and eaten my oatmeal.
Time to get dressed and who knows what adventure lies ahead.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 am

Forging onward! I think 'Forget about it' was a movie or something...
Will be taking Dawn to a meeting in a little bit.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:37 pm

I used the Superantispyware and still freezes.

Going to do a system restore see if that helps.

It is getting me agigatated for the puter to keep freezing.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Have you added any programs to your computer? Are your browsers up to date?
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:24 pm

No. I went back to the 11th of October....seems to be not freezing now.

I said no....it is possible windows updated something...I never know anymore.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Soup or chili weather tomorrow. I will choose soup because the church will be serving chili after service on Sunday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:44 am