SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Tell Us About Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:29 am

Good morning all! Merry Christmas!
Chipper woke me at 5 this morning. I took him outside, so after relieving himself, he could go root his nose through the 3 inches of freshly fallen snow. Then, he led me right back to the door, as if to say "Okay. That's enough!"
Then, I took him inside, and I went back out, shoveled the snow off our stoop, out to the main sidewalk, to the pet walk area, and to the back of the pet walk area, by the woods, so people could walk their dogs out there.
I came inside, turned on our outside lights, the lights on our Christmas tree, and Christmas music on the seasonal music channel on TV. Then, I took a little nap with Chipper in the recliner till Dawn got up. She's going to make me some pancakes, and eggs, and then, I hope to relax the rest of the day.

Oh, I see it's snowing again.............

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:15 am

We had a flurry or two of snow yesterday and that suits me fine. It is cloudy here today. I have the turkey in the oven and the rolls rising (Rhodes frozen rolls are great). We will have yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, salad, granberries, pumpkin pie and rice krispie treats. And that is enough for me to splurge via calories and carbs on Christmas dinner. I made no candy or cookies. I did buy 4 bags of choc chips so will make the family some cookies this week.

LFF glad you made it home safely. Hope your mother is doing well.

Merry Christmas Shout Family!

Oh yes, I still need to go over to the kids this morning. A little later now since they are all old enough to wait to open their gifts. They were sleeping in which is fine for me......gives me time to get organized.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:23 am

MERRY CHRISTMAS all.......Loving this white Christmas, been years since we had that.
With my family ( some of them ) so all is good. I'm one of those who worries about kids who woke to no happiness.......but what can I do, just be happy for those I love.
Enjoy your day, stay safe.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Very tiring day but worth it all. And I did not overeat but did eat some things I shouldn't. But Christmas only comes once a year right?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:20 am

Well, here it is Dec. 26,got more snow overnight. Chipper got me up at 5:30. I took him out, back in, and then I went outside and shoveled. Will have to take a shower this morning, and clean off my car, as I'll be taking Dawn to a meeting, need to buy AAA batteries for my mice, and maybe I'll cancel my sleep apnea test.
Have a good day, all!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:54 am

You are always so busy LFF.

Watch that sleep test.....a man from my church went about 6 months ago and his insurance did not want to pay after it was done.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:35 am

Sun shining bright on new white snow, Soooo beautiful !
Not much happening today. My daughter is better and went to work today. She had a flu shot, but caught some new strain that wasn't covered. Very ill but thank goodness a shot and script are working. I like winter, but seems illness comes too often, even some of the little ones, that ruins it for me. This week , boring after the Christmas fun .
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 am

I called and cancelled my sleep apnea test. I don't want to get out in this driving to pick up the apparatus , bring it home, wear it all night, and hope Chipper doesn't get me up all night, then bring the recorder back, meaning driving again tomorrow. Also, I don't want to be told I need a c-pap machine or something.
I just came in from shoveling out 2 parking spaces, and my oxygen level is at 93%, so I'm fine.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Good evening all. I don't blame you LLF for canceling your appointment either. You of all people know about yourself. My friend Vicky has one of those C-Pap machines and doesn't use it much anymore. That's great that you can shovel out two parking spaces to. Good for you. John shoveled outside the other day and he was fine when he came back inside. My youngest son Jason came over and visited us for a while yesterday. Our friends couldn't come for Christmas dinner so it was just the two of us. Got some nice presents for Christmas and now on to New Years.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Peanut, that sounds really dumb, to be covered for one type bug and not another. Those Bugs have no idea which sickness is covered and which is not. Sick is sick. !

The day after Christmas was our annual stay overnight at a hotel, my daughter and any grandkids who wish to stay. We have done that for several years, since they were small. This year we were blessed with a visit from a long-time friend of their's and mine, A sailor home on leave for Christmas. His plane will be flying in about an hour for sunny California. :pray:
I used to pay for this gift. The past few years I have been less well off financially and a beloved niece and her dear husband have given us their accrued points as a gift. God bless them.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 pm

The medical transportation firm that was going to take Dawn to her Doctor's appointment this morning called and cancelled because the roads were too bad. So I took her North of Holland. 40 to 45 mph all the way there, and 30 to 35 mph most of the way back. Only saw 2 slide-offs - both on the way home.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:55 am

Glad you made it home safely LFF.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:33 am

Sure glad you make it home LLF. We have had some more snow over night here but nothing much to talk about. I heard that Eric , Pa has had over 60 inches of snow since last Sunday. And another storm is going to hit over the weekend. I feel for those people that live there. Been bitterly cold here this week, down below zero here. Haven't been out of the house since Friday but may have to go get a few things before the end of the week. Waiting for a warm up but that's not going to happen here for a while. No plans for the New Year just stay home and stay warm.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

Took Dawn to a hair appointment this morning, and while she was in there, I drove to the NAPA store for winter wiper blades, and they put them on for me! Cost 39 dollars for the blades, but my car takes 2 sizes of wipers- 16" on the passenger side, and 26" on the driver's side.
While we were out, we went to Save-a-Lot for a few things.
I'll be taking Dawn to another appointment in about an hour.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 pm

A couple at the hotel were talking about the weather in PA. Their flight was delayed due to landing difficulties.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:46 pm

Last day of 2017

My day:
I did a load of laundry.
Called or took calls from each of my children.
(Thank You, Father for giving them into my care )
I was invited out to lunch with a daughter in law and her mom. I refused because it was sooo cold.
I finished a wonderful book.
"Once There Was a Farm" true story, written by Virginia Bell Dabney. Such a good book.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Didn't do much today. Went outside 3 times that I remember. Took Chipper out twice, and carried trash bag to the dumpster.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:35 am

Just heard from garage as car in. Rodent chewed some harness re the ABS and its an expensive job not covered by the warranty. Not the best news and apparently the technician is having trouble repairing it. Its got to be sorted.
We have had a rat in our compositer and its eaten 15 blocks of poison without effect. Will insist husband puts trap out to kill it today. The garage said the bill will be about $300 odd! I think I will ring the insurance to see if they will cover it. Otherwise its going to be an expensive month.
Back bad over Christmas but a bit better today and also had a flu like bug which ruined New Year.
Not the best start but will blame this on 2017!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:43 am

Right, 2Anne. 2018's gotta be better!
10F/-13C here this morning. I have plans to vacuum and do laundry today.... We shall see.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 pm

2Anne, cars seem to be the 2018 problem. Mine is frozen until temps rise.

Today was depressingly cold. I couldn't stand sitting inside yet another day.
I put on my long, downfilled coat, a warm hat, fleece socks, warm gloves and walked around to see my youngest son and visited with our Postman while he filled the boxes. He thanked me for breaking the boredom of depositing the mail. It was just good to get out, even if it was bitter cold.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Iwas going to vacuum and do laundry. Dawn did them both. We took turns taking Chipper out today. Dawn took the ornaments off the tree. I took the lights off, and put the tree away. Haven't done a whole lot else today.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:23 pm

Lightfoot, I had great plans for cleaning. There is something about this cold that has sapped my energy and my ambition,
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:02 am

Most important thing to say about my first 2 days of 2018 is I am tired of being cold.

Come on spring!!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 am

I haven't run my car for 3 days in this cold. Hope it starts this morning.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:37 pm

Hope so too LFF. In Canada we needed block heaters and plugged them in every day.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Mine was quiet. Only the 3 of us. Didn't bother with a tree or even gifts really and I didn't miss that at all. We had a lovely Christmas dinner with plenty of ham leftover. Froze two bags for a meal some other time.

New Years was nothing special either. My husband had to work the next day so we were both in bed before midnight. At least the weather has been agreeable. I feel for all those experiencing the frigid cold and even more so those that are homeless. It still bothers me in the land of plenty that there are people with no place to go, no food.

Anyway, Happy New Year to you all. May you all enjoy a year of peace, prosperity, love, laughter, blessings.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:00 pm

My car started right up! Went to Save a Lot and Family Dollar. Came home, and shoveled the snow that had built up around my car, so I could back my car in the spot, and 10 minutes later, the maintenance man asked me to move my car so the plow guy could clear all the spaces along the sidewalk. After the plowing was done, I didn't bother putting my car back, so now it's parked up by the office. Will have to walk up there when we leave to pick up a prescription, and have blood drawn tomorrow morning.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm very lethargic with all these cold days. I would say I've had enough, but everyone is tired of it. I heard about an old woman found frozen in a park near a school. She must have wandered away from home in a confused state.
I feel deep concern for the homeless. They can find shelter at might, but those places close in the daytime. A man who knows said the only way is to keep walking. He said if they stop, they get too cold.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:26 pm

This cold weather is really aggravating my knees. I'm feeling it allll over mah body, but mostly in my knees. When we went to the food pantry, the grocery store, and the gas station, I probably looked like a 90 year old man, getting into, and out of my car..
The trip to the pantry required a long detour, due to a bridge being out, but I always leave early for appointments, for just such an occasion.

Received notice today that a new tag and parking procedure will be implemented, starting Jan. 12 here at the apartments. Each registered vehicle here will be allotted a tag with the apartment number, to be displayed on the vehicle. (Don't know how yet.☺) Primary vehicles are to be parked along the sidewalk, nearer to the apartments. Secondary and guest vehicles are to be parked on the other side of the parking lot, or in the 'overflow' area. ☺☺☺ I just saw a party from one apartment park both their vehicles along the sidewalk, so we'll see how that is enforced.☺
Received notification of when and where Dawn's surgery will take place. One of her Sisters, and her husband will be staying at another motel than the one we'll be staying at Monday night. Tammi will pick up Dawn at 5 a.m. to take her to the hospital for her 5:30prep time. Surgery will be at 7:30, and Dawn said I won't have to be there till about 9:30, to limit the time Chipper will have to be alone at the motel. We'll see how this all goes down. I'm praying a lot about it.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:13 pm

I am sick of the cold but it has helped to keep busy at the church this week taking down Christmas then helping set up for tomorrow's wedding. I am very tired but hey what else is new? At least I am not bored!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Lightfoot, prayers for Dawn's surgery and your concerns.

Today I actually did some cleaning. However, deep cleaning cannot be done in winter. A room should be emptied to get all dust. I put on my long, down-filled coat, a pull-on hat, gloves, walked to let the doggies out. A neighbor asked who I was, said that I looked like an old woman. I replied, "I am an old woman." She said, "But you look 90."
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank you, joyous.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:51 am

Bit rude to say that to you Joyous.
Horrible day with everything going pear shaped. Also lost email account and having probs getting it back.
I also cleaned the bedroom this morning and my back was not good but managed to complete the task. I do it every two weeks and it was more than ready today.
Very quiet this weekend. Just have mother in law arriving for lunch tomorrow.
Shout has gone very quiet with LFF being the loyalist supporter. I hope Glad and some of the others return or it will close down. ckn
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:10 am

What's the problem with your email account, 2Anne? Do you have another address they can send a reset link to?
I also wish we could get more participation here. Glad has been very busy with her church activities for the holiday season, and should be returning more frequently soon, as I'm sure is the case for many. Joyous is in quite often too.
I wish I could be here more than I am, but retirement is anything but retirement. I'll be gone Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for Dawn's surgery.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Ive sorted the email thanks LFF. Did it on the mainframe computer via husbands phone. Very odd. I sent one email and they closed the account saying I was being used to send spam!
Glad when everyone starts posting again. I used to phone Glad sometimes but my free calls are gone and voipcheap who used to be 1 p a minute now charge 15 p.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Lightfoot, you're a friend and very thoughtful.

2Anne, my neighbor didn't mean to be rude. She didn't recognize me and the long, puffy coat and furry hat made me look like a homeless person. I have been kidding her about it, but she meant no harm.

I too wish we had more input. Sad that Snowden no longer is able to post.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:38 am

Snowdon is posting on Facebook. Glad your neighbour meant well Joyous.
Busy cooking here as mil comes for lunch and there is a hungry husband to feed.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:38 am

Weather looks pretty decent out there today so far, but I think I'll email my Sister and tell her I won't be out today. Will finally be warm enough this afternoon that I'll be able to take Chipper for a walk, and not have his feet freeze. Have preparations to make for our three day excursion (or possibly more) tomorrow for Dawn's surgery. Will send that email right now.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 am

Will pray for Dawn LFF and trust all goes well. We will miss you posting. Bon voyage 🙋🙋
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 am

Well church was cancelled today....temps are still below freezing but in upper 20's which is much better except percip is moving in which will be in the form of sleet so they decided not to have church this morning. It was sunny yesterday for the wedding and I told the pastor I probably would not be there today and he said the precip was predicted to start for him around 9 am (he is 1 hour and 15 mins away). I am taking advantage of the day by sleeping in until 8:30 then I will do things on the computer that I have seem to let go the past few weeks.

2Anne you mentioned your phone calls.....I understand why you stopped calling but I wanted you to know I did enjoy them greatly.

Looking outside.....the birds are scammering for their seed and the sky looks gray ready to open up with something white. Hope we don't much....and it should be in the 40's tomorrow which makes it nice. I don't do well with icy stuff.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 am

Thank you, 2Anne. I thought about taking my laptop, but I'm not familiar with it yet, I do't want to risk losing it, breaking it, or having it stolen, plus, I want to spend some bonding time with Chipper (Yes. He's coming along.) rather than spend all the time, that I'm not at the hospital, on the computer.
Take advantage of your free day, Glad!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:21 am

Lightfoot, I shall have to go back and see where it is Dawn is having surgery. I pray all goes well and not overly tiring for you.

2Anne, enjoy your MIL. I sure miss mine. Yes, Snowden does post on FB, but if you noticed, she seems confused at times. I'm very concerned and have written her son and daughter in law about the possibility of a visit.

Glad, as much as you enjoy and are blessed by attending church, I think you're wise in worshiping at home today.

I did my usual one load of laundry this morning, went to Kohl's for a quick bit of spending. Home for lunch and now it's "chillin time."
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 am

All the way back and only north of Holland could I find for Dawn.
Is she having the surgery in Grand Rapids?
Where ever, God's blessings. Maybe the hotel / motel will ave internet access?
:pray:

bearhug
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Was chillin' time here about 45 minutes ago. Dawn and I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. That brisk wind did some chillin' fer sure! Chipper loved it though. We haven't been able to take him for a long walk for a week or more, as his feet would get too cold, and he'd stop, lift up one paw. the put it down, and lift another, etc. Times like that, I sometimes have to carry him till his feet warm up.
Anyway, Dawn got cold today, and asked for my keys, about halfway through our walk, so she could high-tail it back to the warmth of the car.
Right now, I'm sittin' here sipping chocolate milk on ice in the insulated mug I got for Christmas.
And yes. Dawn is having her brain surgery at Spectrum Butterworth, in Grand Rapids at 7:30 Tuesday morning. After viewing her latest MRI, the surgeon decided that after removing the scar tissue from fer previous brain surgery, he will remove a smaller portion of her temporal lobe.
Have a good day all!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm

@joyous wrote:All the way back and only north of Holland could I find for Dawn.
Is she having the surgery in Grand Rapids?
Where ever, God's blessings. Maybe the hotel / motel will ave internet access?

bearhug

Supposedly, there is internet access there at the motel, but I choose to take a break from computer access, to devote time to Dawn, and to Chipper.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:32 pm

Lightfoot, my dear mother in law spoke often of Butterworth Hospital. She and my dad in law grew up in Grand Rapids.
It's too deep to post here, but I wonder what caused Dawn's problem, what were the symptoms which led to the decision to remove scar tissue, which part of her brain is affected, etc. I'm curious because my oldest son suffered brain damage to the left frontal lobe due to being hit, from behind, by an out of control car.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:44 pm

Dawn had a tumor removed on the right side of her brain when she was 18, and the scar tissue is believed to be a large part of the seizures she's had all her life. The scar tissue is at the front of her right temporal lobe, and they're not sure if all of the tumor was gotten 34 years ago.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Hope the op is a success LFF. I imagine Dawn cant drive a car? Its major surgery but we have to trust the medics and PRAY.✝️🌹🌹
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Prayers for Dawn's surgery. Good afternoon all. Weather has finally warmed up here. Suppose to be in the 40's by Tues which is good. But towards the weekend it's going back down to the 20's again. Oh well it's only Jan.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 pm

Thank you all for your prayers. We're praying here too. I've heard good things about her surgeon. Correct that she doesn't drive- that's why I take her places so often.
Dawn has a list here of people for me to call after she gets out of recovery- 15 people so far!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 am

For Dawn, for Lightfoot, especially all medical staff.
Amen !
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:24 am

Dawn is fortunate to have you as a friend LFF! Continued prayers!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am

Thank you! Taking off now. May be back late Wednesday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:05 pm