SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

A Warm Welcome To Our New Member Sapphire!

Leaving facebook

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Leaving facebook

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:04 am

Last night, I made the decision to leave facebook. I posted on my wall that I will be leaving in one week- getting the heck out of Dodge. If all I got was stuff that I'd like to stay informed about- My cousin got married, my niece had a baby, etc., it would be fine, but I get all this rigamarole of political opinions, shared cute pictures, news that someone I don't even know has quit their job, or the many 'if you care, please copy and paste', and on and on.

I posted this so my actual friends won't think I've singled them out to 'unfriend'.

Have written on my desk calendar to sever my ties on February 21.

If someone has something important to tell me, they can call me or send me an email
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Leaving facebook

Post by joyous on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am

Kudos, Lightfoot.
I have so often been tempted to do the same, but relatives who live out of state keep me there. I simply would lose contact. I could never spend that much time on the phone, besides the fact that I hate talking on the phone. As to the copy and paste messages, I simply choose to ignore them. I do tend to spend less time there since our Snowden has gone.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:22 pm

I looked at dumping FB as well LFF and found it was almost impossible. I was furious when I first joined and they got into my mailing box and wrote to all my friends asking them to join.
The other day I posted on what I thought was a friends timeline and it caused a major left-wing reaction and a lot of nasty comments to me.
No one can leave messages on my actual listing as I've blocked these and also I never accept friends with people I do not know. Just delete the requests. I'm still uneasy about the whole thing though.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Facebook sure gets a lot of information about people. I post on there very little, but who knows what little spy programs are in there?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:07 pm

2Anne, you have it right. Facebook shoves everything at us yet they shut people off for a period of time if they dislike their posts. I have one very conservative friend who finds some of her posts deleted. I'm not fond of FB since they changed the Farm Town game which I played a lot with Snowden. That was her only outlet in her last few weeks and when they suddenly changed it, my computer told me to not download the flashdrive needed to play, I could no longer play with her. That's when she really went downhill.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Adobe flash is a good program, but it's being phased out because of it's vulnerabilities. It can be used, but with caution.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Well, when my computer told me to not download it, I opted out.
I didn't miss Farm Town, I just missed playing it with Marianne.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 am