SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....Happy Holidays to all!

Weather For 2018

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Weather For 2018

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:20 am

63F/17C here this morning, but the humididity is back up at 90%. Not looking forward to going to my Sister's in a few minutes. Our forecast says Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 93. Heat index values as high as 98. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:01 am

The heat is about to do me in these days. I try to stay out of it as much as possible but like yesterday I needed to go to work. Started out ok but when I got off at noon it was so hot I about died walking to my truck. Needless to say I stayed in the rest of the day.

It was 97 with a heat index of 110 and the humidity is what gets me.

Rain possible this afternoon and much cooler on Saturday. Can't wait!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 am

@joyous wrote:I feel guilty for complaining about snow, then when it snows, I complain again.

Just for fun quoting this post during the first week of July. Wish there was a tiny bit of snow right now. snow4
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:08 am

I'd like some snow too! Right now, our temperature is 69F/21C, and our forecast says Sunny, with a high near 78. Sounds good, but it starts warming up again tomorrow.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:55 pm

We're at our high today of 81F/27C, with a comfortable 44% humidity. Tonight will cool down to about 60 by midnight, but will have a scorcher tomorrow.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:45 pm

T'was cooler here today. Had a high of only 82, and actually a few drops of rain too!
Now, they're talking about a low of 70F tonight, and high of 90 tomorrow. Oh joy!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:45 am

68F/20C here, with 93% humididity currently. Our forecast says Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 3pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Patchy fog between 10am and 11am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 78. North northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:47 am

44F/7C here this morning. We have a light Southerly wind, and should reach a high of 57 today by about 3p.m. Might be a bit cooler by My Mom's as she's only about a mile East of Lake Michigan.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 am

47F/8C here this morning, with light rain. Our forecast says Showers, mainly before 8am. Temperature falling to around 43 by 10am. West northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:57 am

It is cold enough for a big pot of veggie soup. Simmered all night and house smells good.

It is 46 degrees and it is almost impossible to think that on Friday we were using the A/C!

The leaves will begin to turn colors real soon now.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:27 am

44F/7C here now, with a light rain that I took Chipper out in.. We're supposed to get up to 46 today!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 am

44F/7C here this morning again. Our forecast says Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. West southwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:43 am

45F/7C here this morning, with a light North wind. Felt pretty good when I took Chipper out at 7 this morning. Our forecast for today tells us A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly between 3pm and 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:07 am

29F/-2C here this morning, with virtually no wind. Took Chipper out this morning, and saw there was a hard frost on the cars, as was predicted. The forecast for today says sunny, with a high near 52. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:05 am

42F/6C here this morning. Wasn't too bad for taking Chipper out.

Our forecast says Showers likely, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 54. Southwest wind 8 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Should be okay for our moving garage sale stuff from my Sister's to my Mom's.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:54 am

53F/12C here now. Our forecast says Rain showers before 5pm, then rain and snow showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Temperature falling to around 37 by 5pm. West wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:28 am

What a difference 25 hours makes! Temperature is 36F/2C here this morning. Had a few snowflakes in the air when I took Chipper out an hour ago.

Our forecast for today says Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 45. Light west southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon. Low of 35 tonight.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:43 am

36F/2C here again- the same as it was yesterday at this time. Yesterday, partly sunny conditions were predicted here, pretty accurately. Last night, they predicted 100% chance of darkness, and the prediction was spot on! Today's prediction is for Sunny conditions, with a high near 55 by 2 p.m.. Light south wind becoming west southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. No sun yet, so we'll see what happens. Takes about 8 minutes for the sunlight to reach Earth, so we'll see....
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 am

47F/8C here this morning, with a light North wind. Methinks our temperatures may be falling, as our forecast says A 20 percent chance of showers before 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:48 am

30F/-1C here this morning, with no wind, and a hard frost. Our forecast says Sunny, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:30 am

Sunny today also but cold.....have not checked the exact temp yet.....but I see white frost on the housetop next door.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:10 am

33F/1C here this morning, and cloudy, with cloudy skies, and a light SE wind. Temperature was 29F, when I took Chipper out at 1 this morning.

Our forecast here says Increasing clouds, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 am

44F/7C here, and overcast with 80% humidity. Our forecast tells us we'll see A chance of rain before 8am, then a chance of showers after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:16 am

42F/6C here this morning. Our forecast says A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Southeast wind around 5 mph.

Don't know what weather my Mom listens to, but she said she wants me to stay home today because bad weather is predicted.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:06 am

48F/9C here this morning, with 77% humidity, and a light Westerly wind. We've had a little rain overnight, and our forecast predicts A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. West northwest wind 5 to 8 mph. for us today.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:47 am

43 currently with a possible high of 67.

Sunny so it will be another nice afternoon to work in the yard.

Garden is almost cleaned thank goodness.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:14 am

42F/6C here on this morning of the day before All Hallows' Eve.Our forecast for today shows Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Southeast wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. (Duh!)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:43 am

52F/11C here this morning, with light rain, which we've had pretty much all night, but they should end soon, as our forecast says Showers, mainly before 8am. High near 55. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:04 am

We have a forecast of rain for the next few days and we need it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:09 am

39F/4C here, under cloddy skies. Our forecast for today says Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 48. North northwest wind around 6 mph.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:04 am

40F/4C here, with a light variable wind, and some sprinkles of rain. Our forecast says Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Calm wind becoming west northwest 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:17 am

40F/4C here again this morning, as it was in my 10 a.m. report yesterday. Our forecast calls for Showers likely before 8am, then rain, mainly after 8am. High near 51. Southeast wind 10 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am

Rain moving in again should rain all day....makes me want to crawl back into bed. That extra hour of sleep really did not help much.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Had a little snow in the air this morning.
50F/10C here right now. Our forecast had said Cloudy, with a high near 52. South southeast wind around 8 mph.
Tonight, they predict Showers, mainly after 7pm. Temperature falling to near 44 by 8pm, then rising to around 50 during the remainder of the night. East southeast wind 5 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:55 am

52F/11C here this morning, with 86% humidity, making everything wet.

Our forecast says Showers likely, mainly before 5pm. Cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 47 by 5pm. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 13 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 am

It is sunny here today.....after lots of rain yesterday.......and people stood in line for hours in the rain to get into the Show Me Center to see our President. (I watched his speech on my tv and computer)

I am glad it is sunny will go out to vote later today when I know there are not loads of people.....I am thinking of trying to apply for absentee ballot after today....getting to hard to stand in a line and I do not qualify for a walker yet. I am using a cane on occasion so will bring it along today for support.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:57 am

Here, being over 65 qualifies one for an absentee ballot, as does being disabled, or plans of being out of town. But you do have to apply for it.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 am

Registered Missourians who expect to be prevented from going to their polling place on Election Day may vote absentee beginning six weeks prior to an election.

Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:

Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
Religious belief or practice;
Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter's polling place;
Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns.

Voters can request absentee ballots from their local election authority in person, by mail, or by fax. Faxed absentee ballot requests should be submitted to the appropriate local election authority. Relatives within the second degree (spouse, parents and children) may complete an absentee ballot application, in person, on behalf of the voter who wishes to vote absentee. DO NOT SEND ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S OFFICE. ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE APPROPRIATE LOCAL ELECTION AUTHORITY BY THE DEADLINE IN ORDER TO BE VALID. Contact information for local election authorities and an absentee ballot application form may be found at the links below.

https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/govotemissouri/localelectionauthority
https://www.sos.mo.gov/CMSImages/ElectionGoVoteMissouri/AbsenteeRequestPostSI2V.pdf
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 am

Sorry. My previous post was a little off topic, but I was sort of replying to Glad's post.
38F/3C here this morning. Our forecast says A chance of rain and snow showers before noon, then a chance of rain showers between noon and 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. West wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:11 am

39F/4C here this morning, under cloudy skies. That's what the temperature and conditions were when I went to bed last night at about 11 p.m..

Not expecting much of a change today, as our forecast says Cloudy, with a high near 40. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 am

33F/1C here with snow. Temperature has dropped 3 degrees in 2 hours here. Our forecast says Snow showers before 1pm, then rain and snow showers between 1pm and 3pm, then snow showers after 3pm. High near 38. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming west 16 to 21 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. We'll probably get more than inch, as the National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for our area, but most of the snow will not stay in the warm temperatures.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:12 am

Was 29.3F on the patio when I retired last night. Was 30.6 when I got up an hour and a half ago.

Temperature is still 30F/-1C, with light snow. Just saw a live dashcam view from a local news employee driving in Kalamazoo. The roads look nasty, and cars are not moving very quickly.

Our forecast for today says Snow showers, mainly before noon. Areas of blowing snow before noon. High near 33. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. (just enough to make for hazardous driving.)
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:11 am

Cold (currently 27 degrees at 9 am) but at least the sun is out.....and not windy as it was yesterday.

I slept in this morning......so I kinda need to wait til mid day and get out when it will be around 39 degrees.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 am

29F/-2C here this morning, with a 14 mph Southerly breeze (not a warm Southerly breeze, mind you). Our forecast says Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 36. South southwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:27 am

39F/4C here this morning. Our forecast says A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm

27 F
RealFeel 11

Cloudy
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:24 am

31F/-1C here this morning. We've had light but steady snow overnight. An accident on 131 near here has traffic at a standstill.

Our forecast says Snow showers likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of one to four inches possible.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:30 am

30F/-1C here, under partly sunny skies. Our forecast says simply Sunny, with a high near 32. Light and variable wind. Clear with a low of 24 tonight.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:17 am

28F/-2C here this morning, with cloudy skies. Forecast says Snow showers. High near 37. East southeast wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of anywhere from 1 to 4 inches. The band of snow to our South has reached us, according to the radar, but it's still aloft.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 am

30 degrees with snow on the ground. Roads were cleared in the middle of the night. Schools were closed but apparently daughter made it to work. I see on the app from my phone she is is driving in Cape Girardeau. She might have been late getting there (6 am is her time to start). I haven't heard and cannot call her while she is working.

Snow is to be melted on Friday for they are predicting 40+ degrees for then.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:45 am

31F/-1C here this morning, with light snow. Our forecast says Rain and snow showers likely before noon, then a chance of rain showers. Patchy fog between 9am and 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 39. South southwest wind 8 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of about one inch possible.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 am

No snow overnight here. We're at 32F/0C currently. Our forecast says A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming west northwest 5 to 8 mph in the afternoon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:42 pm