BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Welcome to Autumn!

Glad's 2018 Garden

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad's 2018 Garden

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:21 pm

Today was a warm day (unusual for my area this time of the year) Son said it may be the only day this week we could plant lettuce so I went out and did just that. I have a place not far from the south side of the house that is built a little higher than the ground and drains well. So.........lettuce is planted. (at least some of it anyway)

While I was out there I noticed the onions and garlic I planted in the fall are coming up.

Now I am "itching" for spring to arrive so I can plant more garden. We do have some things coming up in yogurt cups in the house.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Re: Glad's 2018 Garden

Post by margie52501 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:20 am

Can't believe it's going to be spring here soon. John's birthday is March 20th and he will turn 68. My thoughts and prayers are with you Glad and I hope you have a great garden again this year.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks Margie. My late hubby was born on the first day of spring also. Soon I will take spring flowers to the gravesite. His mother died 3 days before his 5th birthday so I will take flowers for her also.

I noticed birds pecking around yesterday in my lettuce patch. I may not have any to sprout and we will see in a few days. We should have covered the patch with plastic but it was very windy on Monday when I planted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:46 am