SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....Happy Holidays to all!

What's Going On With Your Day

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Margie, I know your feeling. I have four sons and one daughter.
They all live nearby, but seeing them is sporadic. Still, we do
chat on the phone. My youngest lives in my trailer park, but
we don't see each other often. It is comforting to know I can
walk a little way and get a hug.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Visited my Mom today for close to 5 hours. Reminiscing makes the time fly!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:00 am

It is good to have memories to talk about.....brings smiles to a conversation.

Today is Sunday so I am here for a short time then off to church.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:56 am

My day:
One load of laundry
I may go to the $ Tree, if I can't find the sympathy cards I KNOW I have.
I seem to misplace everything I need. I recall preaching to my third son
about putting things, mainly his car keys, in the same place always and
he would know where to find them. It doesn't seem to apply to my misplacing stuff.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 am

Took Dawn to Otsego, went to Save a Lot for a few things, on to Andy's Hardware to buy a shovel (Going to pick up the droppings in the 'pet walk' area.), walked Chipper on the Boardwalk (Had to use a cane today.), then came home.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Found two cards and didn't go to $ Tree.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Happy to hear it, joyous! Were they in the refrigerator?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

If they had been there, I would have found them quickly.
I have a gazillion greeting cards, but managed to find only two Sympathy cards.
I did find the Christmas cards I had intended to send out. Not finding them near Christmas, I bought more. Now I have plenty for 2018, unless I lose them before next December.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Have a good night! yawn2
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

You too, joyous! And tell us where you put the Christmas cards, and we'll try to remember for you! shmrk
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 am

Gloomy day, although I like rainy days. Since I have no reason to wander out.
Back at my sons house, hope my sister will be okay. She does have good neighbors who check on her, otherwise I may have stayed. Out of meds so had to get back here.
Hope everyone has a nice start to their week !
What is it about Christmas cards? They seem to hide : )
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am

Snowing here. It's pretty though, especially as I have no plans to get out in it today. No plans for anything really.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Turning cold again.

I am working a bit on our forum for soon to be February.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Looks good! Pink is my favorite color!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Awww that's nice!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:24 pm

I love the background color here. Very bright and colorful my friend. Looking good. Didn't go anywhere today but have a errand to do tomorrow. Suppose to be a bit warmer, in the 40's. Fine with me.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm

I love the background color here. Very bright and colorful my friend. Looking good. Didn't go anywhere today but have a errand to do tomorrow. Suppose to be a bit warmer, in the 40's. Fine with me.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 am

Pink is supposed to calm people.
I appreciate that it softens the damage to my skin which I attribute to aging and gardening in sunlight. Occasionally, I remember to slather on sunscreen and wear a brimmed hat, but usually forget.

Glad, I either missed or forgot about your sister.
What's the problem?

Margie, I'm curious. Why do your posts duplicate themselves ?

OH, topic!

My day:
If I accomplished anything, it eludes me.
I did ramble around on FB, read Snowden's obituary, left a post on her FB timeline.
I was doing dishes and thought of something to tell her and suddenly remembered, I can't.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm

joyous said "thought of something to tell her and suddenly remembered, I can't."

Sadly, that may happen from time to time. I'm happy we had Snowden as long as we did, but she was getting tired and frustrated, and I'm sure, in pain. She's free from all that now. We can strive to be as good a person as she was.
Took Dawn to a meeting, and she'll go to lunch with the girls afterward. Went to Save a Lot and purchased some banananas, couple boxes of cereal, milk, 3 boxes of garlic instant potatoes (love 'em!), 2 containers of cool whip, a box of mini corn dogs, box of mini cheeseburgers, bag of orange chicken, bag of meatballs, and a bag of chicken nuggets. Cost 41.36. Had $43 in my checking account.
Had a bowl of pudding, and will take a nap with Chipper.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Nap sounds good but I'll sleep better tonight if I don't.
Was sorry to hear about Snowden, I was not aware of our loss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sun is shining in Ohio, but wind makes it chilly out there. I should get out for grocs, but I guess that isn't going to happen. Everyone is busy.
Hope everyone is having a nice last day of Jan, it went so fast !
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm

Dawn came home from her gallivanting with the girls, and she wanted to go to walmart for something, so I took her there, but there was no way I was going in. I stayed in the car with Chipper.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

I took recycle items to recycle bin, but it was jammed full.
I hope they have replaced the full bin with an empty tomorrow.
I stopped at Kroger for Artisan bread / Whole Grain, I love it!
Also gallon jugs of Arizona tea and some frozen dinners for my son. Let Angel out.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

@lightfootfan wrote:Well Hi there! Looks to be a pleasant day here, albeit a cool one, only warming to 38 by 4 p.m.. I want Dawn to call her primary Doctor's office in Holland when they open to see if they can work her in somewhere to take that staple out of her forehead that was overlooked yesterday, when the nurse in the Neurologist's office took her stitches out.

Other than that, I have no other big plans, except maybe move a clock on a wall, so I can fasten our new coat rack and storage organizer to the wall.

Funny story about this coat rack. I had all the pieces counted for assembly, and when I got to the center assembly of the back supports, I was missing a little nut to complete that assembly. I looked all over, on my desk, file cabinet, crawled around searching the floor for anywhere it could have rolled. Had Dawn searching too. Was about ready to give up, when Dawn asked "Did you look on the window sill?" There it was! Then I realized I'd lost the bolt that the nut went on. So I looked all over again to no avail. Called the maintenance man, Randy, and showed him what I needed, so he went to the maintenance building, and found a bolt and nut that would work. I sat down at my desk, and there, on a black colored area of my mouse pad, was the little black bolt! Randy and I laughed and laughed. Then he helped me finish the assembly.

Oh I do like that LFF. Wish we had a place for something like that. Having a semi busy day and just waiting for the last of the laundry to dry. At least the groundhog is wrong where our weather is concerned. Have a great day everyone.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm

My day:

Ironed for my Polish lady.
She will be 101 Feb. 19th.

I finally was able to deposit our recyclables in the huge dumpster available at Township office nearby. I had tried twice before, only to find it jam-packed and some rude people had deposited their stuff on the ground.
I stopped at a corner shop to buy cheese for my son.
Came home to Chicken noodle soup (Homemade).
Let Angel out twice. While she enjoyed the outdoor time, I cleaned a bit in my son's bathroom. (Just accumulated dust on items given to him by friends.)

Last edited by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding words)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

That coat rack is only 24 inches wide, Spice.
Today, we went to the food pantry in Dorr. The North-South corridor was nasty, limiting speed to 40 to 45 mph. but the East-West roads were decent, so coming home, I drove out of our way a bit, so I could travel South on the expressway, which was pretty clear . Traffic was moving along at 70 to 75 mph there.
Received a package in the mail- had ordered an earring rack, earring backs, and a couple air ferns for Dawn. She seems quite happy with them.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 pm

You're a nice guy, Lightfoot.
Did the medical folks take the staple out of Dawn's
surgical site?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm going to share a movie I have watched twice and thoroughly enjoyed both times.
:Lost For Words" on youtube.

Now I will search out a video to enjoy.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm

I will look up the movie on youtube Joyous. I have been watching one or two each day on youtube Lifetime movies.

I like the coat rack LFF

Nice to see you Spice. Will visit you soon.

I went to work this morning then came home and made a pot of homemade chili. Sure is good!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:50 pm

@joyous wrote:You're a nice guy, Lightfoot.
Did the medical folks take the staple out of Dawn's
surgical site?

Thanks! I bought myself something too- a pair of compression socks for 12.99- We'll see if they're any good.
Yes. A nurse practitioner took Dawn's staple out.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm

I think I've seen that.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm

ISH would have liked it.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Yes Glad, that is the one. I have watched it twice.
Such a good movie.

My day:
I went to the bank.
I visited four of my five children.
Short visits, but happy to spend a little time with each and their spouses or children. I didn't see the youngest, but we spoke on the phone. He lives within walking distance.
Also spoke by phone with a niece in Washington state. She revealed test results that she has Parkinsons. She seems to be taking it in stride. A very well balanced woman. Not the best word to use in speaking of Parkinsons as balance becomes an issue.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Dawn left to go to a meeting about 10 this morning. After the meeting, she was going to go see a movie with Fred. Then go over to his house. I warned her not to stay the night, but she's not home yet.....
I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk today, went to Shopko to buy some Pepsi, came home, changed the light bulb in one of the ceiling fans, which is no easy task, with my balance like it is, cut up some chicken for Chipper, for supper (I get him boneless thighs), ran the dishwasher, took Chipper out again, watched some golf on TV. That pretty well sums up my day.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:38 pm

I hope Dawn came home today.

My day:
I did a load of laundry.
I watched a "Tear jerker" movie.
About a man whose wife died, during the depression years, leaving him with 4 young sons.
He tried to get just a little help. Finally left his sons with the older one in charge. They were good kids, but the Welfare system picked them up while he was working and all the ensuing troubles over a period of years. Things like that actually happened back then.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Dawn came home last night.
Today, we had snow and wind all day, so I stayed home, and inside most of the day. Took a long nap in the middle of the day.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm glad Dawn came home and saved you from worry.
Once again, I wish you would keep the white stuff in the western part of Michigan.

My day:
Washed my outerwear. (Pants, sweaters, jammies, vests, etc), showered, cleared snow from my car, fetched mail, visited my son and Angel. While at mailbox, I heard sirens, sent a wee prayer up for whomever was in trouble, looked up to see 3 police vehicles zipping past me and on to a trailer further down toward our's. After visiting my son, I drove past and asked a neighbor I know what happened. It seems this lady hadn't been heard from for a few days, so a neighbor who was a friend called the police. They broke in and found her face down in her kitchen, dead. There will be an autopsy. I had only talked with Carol very little, but knew her as a kind, good, happy woman. How sad that she died alone.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

That is so sad, joyous. Years back, a friend of Dawn's decided to clean the floors at home alone. She mixed cleaners, and it created toxic fumes that she was allergic to, and she wasn't able to get out of the room. Her husband found her dead when he got home from work.
I didn't do much of anything today. Had one pancake and 12 eggs for breakfast. Took a couple naps today. Can't remember if I did anything else.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

Well, that snow is falling pretty heavily. Dawn's friend cancelled out on a meeting today, so I suggested that she reschedule her dental appointment she has at 3:30 today in Otsego. She called Fred, and he said he'll come out with his 4X4 truck and pick her up for the noon meeting, which he's going to, take her to his house for a couple hours (He lives in Otsego.), then take her to her appointment. He didn't say anything about bringing her home....
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Had a nice day but then at 6pm ish my husband picked up a missed call from daughter's boyfriend. Now I'm wondering if she's OK. I returned the call but got the message facility and then rang daughter at 7pm when she should have been home from work but no answer. Now I'm worried. It might not be anything but I need to know. Boyfriend is a pilot and I think may be flying so will have to phone daughter on the hour and hope I can find out whats happening.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Please let us know when you find out, 2Anne! Will pray.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks LFF- we found out the call was about their gas boiler that had broken. Its just four years old and a write off. Daughter has emailed me and she is OK so I can now sleep in peace. I do worry about her. Shes off to Texas on Sunday - all that way from UK for just two days visit. Her new job involves her in a lot of travel- more worries. Never mind,we all have worries💁⛪️
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Thank you, 2Anne.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Oh 2Anne glad your daughter is ok. Sending prayers for safe travels to Texas.

Did you get a lot of snow LFF? It was sunny today but cold....I stayed in. Will get out tomorrow. I think one reason my blood sugar is not coming down good is because of lack of exercise. March is getting closer and I soon will be out working in the soil. Yes!!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:52 pm

I mentioned the exercise thing in your diabetic thread, and while eating a lot of veggies or fruits is good, you do need a certain amount of carbs . Think of your arteries and veins as an expressway with sugar in your bloodstream. That sugar needs to get into the walls of the arteries to feed your body. The sugars cannot just zip into the walls, as they need openings to get out of the expressway. This is where the carbs come in. They release an element into the bloodstream that will create the necessary exits from the expressway, so necessary sugar can get out of the blood to feed the body. Too many carbs will create too many openings, and your blood sugar will be too low, and with too few carbs, the blood sugar will be too high.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Took Dawn to get a haircut this morning- then to pick up a prescription, and back home again. Sure was glad to be home! The roads were slippery as slime. Had to take it real easy, because if I accelerated too much, my wheels would spin, and if I had to brake, I'd slide.
Except for taking Chipper out a few times, I spent the rest of the day inside. Waiting for Dawn to get home from her meeting, now.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Yesterday and today"

Yesterday was a tiring walk around our trailer park. Walking with boots on, in several inches of snow is very tiring. After letting Angel out twice, I started out to return home. A Pit Bull from our park was romping in my son's yard. While very thankful that Angel was inside, I hardly felt overjoyed at facing a dog I am unfamiliar with. I knew I had to walk home, so I kept my back to the dog and said, "Go away." Much to my delight, it did go away. I called our manager because Angel is chained when outdoors and she is old. I would be terrified if the Pit Bull decided to tangle with her.

Today:
Cleared snow from my car and front porch.
Showered and shampooed my LONG hair,
created my lunch. Chatted with my daughter
and also with my older son.
This afternoon, I watched a touching movie
on Amazon. "Still Lovely" .

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Dawn left 6 hours ago for a meeting and a movie. Left me to fend for myself. Took a shower, was able to take Chipper out 3 times, and sneak a nap in there too. Had a fried balogna sandwich for breakfast. Am in the process of enjoying my supper now- salad with light Italian dressing.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:48 am

Dawn came home at about 9:30 last night.
Got my glucose meter to working last night.
Had another 4 inches of the white stuff last night. Expecting 3 to 6 inches more today.. Shoveled the stoops by the 2 front doors of our building, and a shovel wide path on the sidewalk from one door to the other. Then continued out to the 'pet walk' area. Our maintenance guy hasn't made it out this morning with the snow blower yet. Might go to the store later, if the roads get cleared a bit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 pm