BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Welcome to Autumn!

What's Going On With Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

Well- woke up at 4:30, took Chipper out, came back in to bed. lay there awake for 2 hours, got up, took my vitals, made some pancakes, took a shower, changed my bedding, and here I am!

Took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk at about 11 this morning. Took our time- rested when he wanted to.
Then I got $18.71 worth of gas at 2.61 a gallon. $18.71 was what was left on the $50 gas card I'd gotten for half my Speedway points.
Drove to Otsego to the dog groomer's- no one was there, so we went to one of the parks there in Otsego, and Chipper and I walked a bit more.
Stopped at Save a Lot on the way home to pick up a few things for tomorrow's dinner that Dawn is going to make.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 am

We-e-el-ell. You make me want to SHOUT, throw my hands up.
SHOUT, throw my head back....
Now that you have that Isley Brothers song running through your head, we're going to have a cool, damp day here today. I'll be taking Chipper out later, and picking up Dawn at 1:00, so she can make some meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans for me, before I take her home to Otsego. Might stop by the dog groomer's again, if she doesn't call me.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:12 am

I thought maybe you were hearing that Shout Song here and I checked the portal and it is Welcome to My World playing. I need to listen to Shout Song again I like it.

As said in a different thread I will go vote today but really not up to standing in line a long time. Will go around 1:30 that is usually a slow time.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:38 am

For future reference, Glad:
Registered Missourians who expect to be prevented from going to their polling place on Election Day may vote absentee beginning six weeks prior to an election.

Absentee voters must provide one of the following reasons for voting absentee:

Absence on Election Day from the jurisdiction of the election authority in which such voter is registered to vote;
Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including a person who is primarily responsible for the physical care of a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability;
Religious belief or practice;
Employment as an election authority, as a member of an election authority, or by an election authority at a location other than such voter's polling place;
Incarceration, provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns.

Voters can request absentee ballots from their local election authority in person, by mail, or by fax. Faxed absentee ballot requests should be submitted to the appropriate local election authority. Relatives within the second degree (spouse, parents and children) may complete an absentee ballot application, in person, on behalf of the voter who wishes to vote absentee. DO NOT SEND ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE'S OFFICE. ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE APPROPRIATE LOCAL ELECTION AUTHORITY BY THE DEADLINE IN ORDER TO BE VALID. Contact information for local election authorities and an absentee ballot application form may be found at the links below.

https://www.sos.mo.gov/elections/govotemissouri/localelectionauthority
https://www.sos.mo.gov/CMSImages/ElectionGoVoteMissouri/AbsenteeRequestPostSI2V.pdf
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:27 am

Yestiddy, I lost a set of keys. (I carry 2 sets with me- one without the car keyfob). I'd handed them to Dawn, so she could go inside as I took Chipper to pee . She says she told me I'll put your keys here, and I didn't look to see where she put them as I was at the computer, but darned if I can find them. I would have put them in my pocket. After dinner then, I took Dawn home (didn't get out of the car.) Then I took Chipper for a short walk at the park in Otsego (Can't remember if I had both sets of keys then). Went home, and, when I reached in my pocket, my second set was not there. I can't remember if I had them again after I handed them to Dawn.
Dawn called this morning, and I asked her about them. She said she set them on the table, but I can't remember picking them up when I moved to the table to eat.
Supposed to have a maintenance inspection today, so I'll see what it would cost to change the lock if necessary.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:54 am

Yes get the locked changed if you can LFF. That would be the safest thing to do.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:49 am

Oh, I cannot see one Shout-Out regarding election results!

I'm disappointed that we got a Democratic Governor, kept
our Blue Senator, although I voted for the Red-a veteran.
I thought he would win. Our Senator voted against Justice
Kavanaugh, which makes her a No No for me.
I a, so hoping McSally wins in Arizona.
Oh, thanks Lightfoot for the absentee info. My son pushed
himself to stand in line and voted. He voted Blue, so my
vote was cancelled. LOL
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:24 pm

I don't want to create any arguments. athay's why I haven't posted on the subject.
I voted Red all the way, and am quite concerned over the results here in Michigan. McGretchy campaigned on the things affecting people personally, and promised them pie-in-the-sky.
Problem is, baking that pie is going to take a lot of expensive ingredients that we're going to have to pay for, and requires some good bakers (legislators) looking out for their customers (the taxpayers), and I worry about the prices of pies going higher, and the pies being made by taking ingredients from other baked goods.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:33 am

Well, today's another day- Thursday, in fact. Cool morning here.
Dawn is giving me an early Christmas gift. She's paying a cleaning lady to come here and clean my apartment today. I'll probably take Chipper for a walk while she's here.
Have no other plans today.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Give Dawn a hug from me. Such a wonderful gift!

As to voting red, so did I and I too am concerned,
but I suppose we have to ask the good Lord to take
over.
Speaking of asking the Lord, please ask for healing for my dear neighbor, Phyllis.
She had planned to give Karmanos a try, but they want $1,200.00 up front. The
Millers are not wealthy, so they have decided to try other methods, including
prayer! Thank you all so much.

I washed the white things, scrubbed the kitchen floor, (on hands and knees as is my preference), had lunch of roasted chicken from Meijer, a lovely salad, created by Himself, sweet potatoes cooked by meself! Now I go to visit my wee grand doggie.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Sending prayers.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Awesome LFF! Send her to MO and clean my house please.....seems as though I can't get it done and it is time to start all over again.

Prayers for your friend Joyous!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:44 am

Woke up to snow this morning. I'd moved from the recliner to the day bed during the night, and the day bed is too high for Chipper to scratch at, so he cried a little whimper at me to wake me. I got up, put his harness on him, and took him outside. He loves the snow!

I might just take Chipper for a walk on the sidewalk here today, as I've already decided to drive as little as necessary in the white stuff this winter. Personally, I don't think we'll get much snow out of this system, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for our area.

Hopefully, I'll be staying in today.

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:36 am

Glad, if only you and I had lots of $$$$$$,
we could hire Molly Maid, or some poor girl
who needs $$$$$$ to clean for us. I did
vacuum, but there is enough dust on various
things to create a new Dust Bowl!

Lightfoot, I hope you were able to stay inside, aside from
walking Chipper. You're too generous with Western Michigan snow.
We really could have done without, but at least it's melting.

I'm always desiring a bit more sleep when 7:00 comes.
I had coffee, oatmeal, washed the dishtowels, ran the vacuum
on carpeted areas, put the trash out for Trash Day.
Washed a ton of dishes, pots and pans. Himself made turkey noodle soup.
Oh yum! The least I could do was wash up. I'm resting a bit before
going to visit the little dog. Today I may make him do the work
while I sit waiting for him to fetch the socks and I shall toss them,
after we play tug of war. LOL

Thank you so much for prayer. Today, please add Tom to your prayers.
He is in his 70s and SO weary. He says he cannot eat, lives alone. I
stopped in yesterday. His hands were so cold even with gloves on.
I rubbed them until they warmed a bit.
He is surprised to awake each morning. He is one of those friends
I just love so very much and there is nothing aside from prayer, that
I can do.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:19 pm

Added Tom to my prayers, joyous.
I'd rather share the snow with others than hog it all here.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:33 pm

Lightfoot, in my humble opinion, you're far too generous with your snow.
We encourage you in keeping it on the west side! snowman
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:16 pm

@joyous wrote:Lightfoot, in my humble opinion, you're far too generous with your snow.
We encourage you in keeping it on the west side! snowman
mChris
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 pm

I did take Chipper for a short jaunt out to the sidewalk and back about noon. Then, about 3:30, he woofed at me, so I asked him what he wanted. Asked if he wanted something to eat, and he just looked at me. Asked him if he wanted to go for a walk, and he just looked at me. Asked him if he wanted to go for a ride, and he started jumping up and down.
What could I do? So I took him out to the car, and we went to the boardwalk for a walk (even though it was snowing). Since I was out, I filled my tank with gas at 2.54 a gallon, drove down to the car wash and got $10 worth of tokens for washing salt off my car this winter. While I was there, I gave my car a quick wash, and a good coat of their spray wax mixture. Picked up a few things at Save a Lot, and came home again. Now Chipper wants out again before bed.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:57 am

Mornin'all! Chipper decided to sleep on his sheepskin in the bedroom last night, so I laid back in the big recliner in there to be by him. Haven't slept the night in that chair since I moved it in there. Felt pretty good! Chipper woke me by stirring at 5:30.

Don't know if my Sister wants to rake leaves for my Mom today, now that we have snow. I'm kind of hoping not. I'd rather stay home today, and not drive. Will make some pancakes and eggs right now.

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:12 am

Lightfoot! Bah Humbug!

Your Chipper is one smart little doggie.
He knows whats good for you!
I hope you didn't have to venture out to rake leaves.
Himself raked and used the blower on our's. Too cold
out there for me. 22 degrees this morning, which made
me wish to sleep the winter away.
About all I did was shower and spend time online. I am
contemplating a walk around the trailer park, all snuggled
up in my warmest coat.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:41 am

It is a cloudy day today and they say we might have snow tomorrow....and that is the day for my diabetic class one on one. If I wake up to even flurries I may call to cancel to another day. I do not drive in the snow or sleet. My appointment is at 10:30-12:30 so there will be time to call in the morning. The weatherman says it will start around 3 pm but they are not always accurate.

Headed for a shower then off to church today.....have a good day everyone.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:08 am

Hi there! Slept in this morning again. Can do that when you're retired.
Eating my Toasty Oats and checking emails. Then I might take Chipper to the boardwalk. It's 29 out, with a Southerly wind, but then, when I come home and take a hot shower, it'll feel that much better.
Might go out to my Mom's today. My Sister recommended that I stay home yesterday, and said I may want to stay home today too. I don't know yet. Happy Veteran's or Remembrance Day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:59 am

Wise decision, Glad.
When my car is operable, I refuse to venture out in snow
or even rain if the temp is low enough for freezing on roads.

Lightfoot, I hope you stay in too.

My day so far"
Two loads of laundry.
Time spent on Facebook.
I wonder if it IS a good thing to have so many friends?
2lol
I feel kind of bad that our President didn't attend the ceremony
for fallen veterans in France. However, I'm sure he had a reason.
I thought perhaps weary from Rallys.
Himself says, maybe a threat against him,
which we may never know about.

Remembrance Day.
May all those fallen veterans rest in peace.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 am

Yesterday was a lazy day. Didn't go see my Mom. My Sister said to stay home- that Mom needed a day to rest.
Took Chipper for 2 short walks. His feet get cold quicker now, and he won't wear booties.
Today, Chipper had me up at 4:30, so I'll be taking a nap later. Will go for a walk I'm sure, but have nothing else planned at the moment.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:35 am

Staying home in colder weather isn't hard to do.
I wondered about booties for my grand doggie.
He would chew them to shreds. dog

Yesterday afternoon, I spent some time with my
neighbor, Phyllis. Her husband found church he
wanted to attend and wished me to be on call
for her. I decided to spend the time with her.
She is so weary and said she wishes to "Go home".
We laughed and talked. I washed the dishes so
she could rest. Her husband is in denial and wants
her to go to church with him. Bless him, if only he
could see how terribly weary she is. :pray:

I polished the refrigerator, which I have been
intending to do for months.
I wish you all a blessed day.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:34 am

You're a good person, joyous.
I took Chipper downtown this morning. We walked up through Mahan park, and through the downtown area, where we talked with a couple of ladies out walking. One of them recognized Chipper from other times, and told her friend that Chipper is such a sweet dog, who's always happy to greet people.
After that, we stopped by Save a lot to pick up stuff for Dawn to make tomorrow. Came home to a message on my machine from Dawn, saying she won't be coming to Allegan tomorrow, so she won't be fixing dinner.....
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Good afternoon all. Hope everyone is having a good Monday. On Sat, I went to do the drying in the dryer. I didn't realize that our cordless phone was a bit to close to the lint trap. Next thing I know the cordless phone went into the dryer. John had to take the dryer apart and get the phone. Then he put the dryer back together again. It's a good thing he cleaned out the back of the dryer because it had a lot of lint in it. They say that can cause a fire so maybe it was a blessing that I did what I did. You think? My friend Vicky called me on Sat afternoon also and stopped by to show me the used vehicle she bought on Friday. She was on her way to Wal-Mart's and I went with her. Their was a few things that I forgot to get on Friday so got them yesterday. Was happy with the Election results here as far as the Governor went. We got our first woman governor for four years and she is a Republican. She took over as Lt. Governor when Terry Brandstan went to China after Trump became President. Our Governor is now Kim Reynolds and she is doing a great job for Iowa.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 am

Mornin' all! We have snow accumulation here. Hopefully the roads won't be too bad later, as I'll be taking Chipper in to be groomed. Have an 11:00 appointment. Will be taking a shower before I go.

Dawn left a message that she wouldn't be coming in to Allegan today.

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:30 am

Oh Margie, such a blessing that your John could fix the snafu with the phone!
One feels like so inept when these things happen, but in your case, it turned
out well.

Lightfoot, is Dawn okay? Maybe the weather kept her home? If you go, do be
careful. I know you will.
I'm relieved to have my little Saturn back and not leaking coolant. Plus, the
young man who did the repair charged me far less than the local auto repair.
He doesn't have overhead expenses which a full-fledged business has. He has
a job and does the repairs on the side which enables him to be cheaper. I still
need to have the exhaust system worked on, but it's drivable.

I've done nothing so far today. I had an email from my neighbor's husband. He
has explored all options and decided on www.Issels.com as the route they will
take for Phyllis's cancer cure, (Please God) not the choice I would make, but not
my call.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:50 am

Good morning everyone.

A cold morning with a dusting of snow but I still see some green grass. Guess that will turn brown soon.
There are still plenty of leaves on the trees that are falling to the ground.

I had my diabetic class yesterday. They were somewhat pleased as to how much I knew. I told them I am an old pro since I have fought the disease for about 30 years. All in all things look good for my age but having trouble getting blood sugars down to where they want them. Like this morning's reading was 169 fasting. They are wanting me to eat breakfast before 9 am so that is what I am going to do as soon as I am finished here. Also they want me to take my blood sugars 4 times a day but before meals.....which I have not been doing except for the fasting one. So before lunch, dinner/supper will take the samples. Really weird for I have always done it 2 hours after meals.

Well I stopped long enough to get a bowl of cheerios.....didn't want to take time to boil an egg this morning. Need to boil a dozen later to have on hand. Going to have get use to eating breakfast.....some mornings do not feel hungry (like today) and yet sugar is not low enough because I need to eat....go figure!

I need to get some new stuff going in our forum.....and I should spend some time cleaning up.....such as Halloween is long over with. Will look for some Thanksgiving decor later today.

Have a good day everyone!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:01 am

YAY, our Glad is here!

Being a Diabetic is a rough road.
My older brother fought it for about 35 years,
and even though he was good about his diet,
they were unable to keep his insulin regulated.
He would be out with his wife, driving around,
and suddenly know he needed orange juice.
Once he drove into a fast food place, let my
sister in law out and proceeded to drive out
and back in and out and finally the police
managed to get him stopped. I believe it's
called insulin shock? Is that correct?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Dawn swallowed a piece of hard candy that got stuck, and irritated something.
Took Chipper to Otsego to be groomed this morning. There was quite a bit of snow on my car- couple inches, but the roads weren't too bad. While he was getting groomed, I went to Good Will and bought a big stocking to put on the outside of my door after Thanksgiving. I'll see if anyone puts anything in it.
After Chipper's grooming, I brought him down to the boardwalk in Allegan. Walked him up through town. He barked at a young lady who asked me if I was cold, because I was walking in jogging shorts.
Came home, had a couple of P&J sandwiches, and here I am.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm

"While he was getting groomed, I went to Good Will and bought a big stocking to put on the outside of my door after Thanksgiving. I'll see if anyone puts anything in it." by Lightfoot, earlier.

clap1 Good luck, Lightfoot! Remember, was it Charlie Brown who always said, "I gotta rock!"

Walking around in Walking shorts? Today? Really?
?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:24 pm

@joyous wrote:"

Walking around in Walking shorts? Today? Really?
?
Shorts are not a problem, but my hands were getting a little cold.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan Yesterday at 9:25 am

Mornin' everyone! My computer was so slow this morning. (How slow was it?) Well, really slow- worse than last night.

I ran my Superantispyware, and it removed 736 ad cookies. I took a little nap, so as not to disturb it. Just woke up
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 Yesterday at 6:41 pm

Good evening all. Hope everyone is having a nice Wed. Did some work around the house and now fixing something to eat. Then go watch some television.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 Yesterday at 6:41 pm

Good evening all. Hope everyone is having a nice Wed. Did some work around the house and now fixing something to eat. Then go watch some television.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan Yesterday at 7:13 pm

Got to take Chipper for a walk this afternoon downtown. I let him show me which direction he wants to go, so he led me through town, an back to the boardwalk again.
Washed my car, drove to Save a Lot for my daily fix, then home again.
Chipper and I are just chillin' now.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan Today at 7:08 am

Hi there all! Waiting for our snow. There's a large area of the white stuff barreling toward us from the South- actually rain that is changing to snow at about Cincinnati, Ohio. Farther East, the rain changes to snow at about the Kentucky/ Tennessee border. The snow is here according to the radar. but it's all aloft so far. I love watching the weather patterns, as my background in Meteorology gives me more of a feeling of involvement.

Anyway, I'm not planning on going anywhere today, except maybe walk Chipper out on the sidewalk here. My car will sit right where it is!

Wishing you all a good day!
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice Today at 2:23 pm

It's been ages since I have been here. Just not enough time in the day at times it seems.

Here we are mid November and although we have had snow several times since Canadian thanksgiving, nothing has ever stuck around for long. Nor have we gotten the frigid cold we normally get by now either. Trust me I am not complaining.

I hope everyone is doing well.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan Today at 3:44 pm

We appreciate it any time you can stop in, Spice.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous Today at 7:07 pm

Hello Spice! What part of Canada do you call home?
We live near Lake Erie which makes us a neighbor,
sort of.

Margie, nice that you popped in.

Lightfoot, my hands get very cold. I can bundle up and stay
rather warm, but never my hands.

I did very little today. I'm not sure why.
I visited Little Chuckie. As we played fetch,
I managed to hit his teeth, causing a vein
in my hand to puncture and bleed profusely.
The bleeding is good as it takes out anything
that might be a danger. I washed it with
white soap and water, poured hydrogen peroxide,
patted it dry, applied antibiotic ointment and a
band aid.
I suppose I must stop playing with the big dogs!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan Today at 8:35 pm

Did take Chipper for a walk on the sidewalk here by the apartments this morning, after I made pancakes and eggs. Took him for a ride this afternoon, to the boardwalk. Came home. Chipper won't eat, but then, he didn't poop either today. I'll take him out again in a few minutes before bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 pm