SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....Happy Holidays to all!

What's Going On With Your Day

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by margie52501 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 am

Good morning. Had to make a few phone calls this morning. Will have to go to the store later on. Cold and windy here and had snow on the ground yesterday morning. All gone now.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am

We stll have snow on the ground here, and more is on it's way. Went to post office, Save a Lot, and Family Dollar this morning. Will take a nap right now.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 am

Snow snow go far away
Don't return 'til a winter's day
Frankie

Post by Frankie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:33 am

Good morning from an overcast sky here over the river. Certainly not a morning to sit on the riverbank and dangle my feet in the water. Nevertheless I an glad to be breathing and on my feet for yet one more day.

I do so hope you are keeping well. Much water under the bridge since I was here last.

see you later, I hope

ttfn

Last edited by Frankie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : n/a)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 am

Hi Frankie! Wonderful to see you today!
My day is starting out slowly. Mornin' all! I had my usual 6 hours of sleep last night. Getting caught up here before I have some french toast and peach tea with my morning pills.

Took Chipper out this morning, and will take Dawn to a noon meeting. Probably walk Chipper on the boardwalk again then. No other plans... yet.

Have a nice day all!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 am

Oh it is so nice to see Frankie again. Is it cold in the UK like it still is here in America? Spring just does not want to arrive yet.
Frankie

Post by Frankie on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:29 am

'The man asks "what's going on in your day?"

I have just tried to add another line or two, the subject now escapes me; after trying to log in thro' my phone and find I an blocked after Glad's last entry above by scrolling along a stream of unsolicited adverts, then stopping me like a brick wall except from reversing the scrolling.

ergo I am using my laptop (used as a desktop comp.)

I have, most definitely forgotten by now, an overwhelmingly entertaining post. yawn2
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am

That's okay, Frankie. As SATW is a free forum, it's supported by ads. You probably have an ad blocker on your laptop. I have one, so I don't see the ads.
I don't understand the smart phones. They're too smart for me. I have a simple flip-phone, and I don't use the browser on it.
Don't worry about thoughts escaping you. Mine do that all the time.☺
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 am

Morning all. Had a terrible time getting on Yahoo. Then they had a Oath on it I had to do. Wonderful. Same thing for FB as well. I guess we have to behave ourselves now. It's not our fault it's theirs. Use to be FB was a friendly, family place to post but not anymore. I don't say much on their I don't want the drama anymore. Hubby and some of my friends have been blocked because they told the truth. I guess that goes to show you some of your freedoms on the net are being taken away. Scary!!! Can't even go into a Starbuck and not order anything and ask to use the bathroom and asked to leave. Then get arrested. What!!!!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:06 am

Starbucks caters to a higher class of people than me. Just checked facebook- no oath.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Yesterday:
I washed two loads.
Took care of the grand doggies.
Went to Bulk store for Flax seed and
Chia seed.
Went by my 2nd son's house to pick up newspapers
for someone to use for their dog.

Today:
Gas station to fill car.
Took care of doggies.
Washed my black and white jacket.
The white part gets SO dirty and
it's very difficult to clean. Much as
I like it, I may just wear it around
home and to visit the doggies. Oh,
our walks in the park because it's
warm and one doesn't need to be
spotless walking in the woods. check mark

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:59 pm

You're one busy little girl, Joyous!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 pm

LOL Lightfoot, I talk a good game!
Today I put coolant in the overflow
container. The coolant disappears
too fast but my little wagon is 18
years old and I hate to spend money
on it. I may have to. I sure miss my
mechanic son. He kept cars running
for all our family. He just doesn't have
the confidence nor the energy now.

I took the little doggie for two walks.
I told him that he needs a younger
person to keep up with him. Angel
is more my speed, slow and careful.

I had a call from South Carolina telling
me that a cousin's widower is now with
Hospice/ COPD among other problems.
Also another cousin's aunt died. I begin
to see less time ahead of me than behind,
for sure. It's okay. I have no fear, just
wish to not suffer.
I realize that I'm very fortunate to have such good health.
:pray: of gratitude!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 pm

I was looking at my Patient Advocate form today, which I need another witness on, and I'm not afraid either.
Do you have puddles of coolant under your car? Could be a simple fix with a little black pepper in the coolant- look online for the correct amount. If you hold your hand behind your exhaust and get moisture on your hand that smells like coolant, then you're burning it, which could mean a head gasket. Could be a heater core. Does your heater work?
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:46 pm

Having problems get on my Yahoo account today. I guess they changed from Yahoo to Oath and it's a mess now.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Having problems get on my Yahoo account today. I guess they changed from Yahoo to Oath and it's a mess now.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Is Oath the name of the new email provider?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 am

Nice day here. The sky is clear. The Sun is shining. The grass is growing........Oh how I'd enjoy sitting out on the patio, and just watching the grass grow.

But, I have computer sites to visit, posting to do, emails to read or send.take Chipper for a walk later.. Chipper had me up at 1:00 to go outside. I had to wake him up to go outside again at 7. He got up begrudgingly- big S-T-R-E-T-C-H. Then he follows me outside. Then he takes his time sniffing around till he finds a couple spots to pee.

Anyway, I slept about 5 hours last night, checked my glucose, blood pressure, and oxygen levels. Then had a couple pancakes that Dawn made for me, with some eggs and sausage. Had some peach tea, and have to go make more.

Wishing all a good day!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 am

Breakfast of hash browns and an egg, coffee.
Vacuumed. Even discovered that a waste paper
basket is wasted on me. I tipped my recliner
over to vacuum and found about 7 or 8 tissues
and paper napkins and paper towels which I had
obviously somehow pushed between the seat and
arm of the chair. I trust all of you to not label me
a total slob.
Lunch was Clam chowder and a fish sandwich. My
second cup of coffee awaits me. Then on to visit
the gr.doggies. It is a lovely day. I forgot to mention
that I walked around our trailer park early this A.M.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

Lightfoot, I do get heat from my car.
Thank you for the clues.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 am

Took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk and through town. Came home and made my tea, but now I'm just drinking ice water. Got my window open here by the desk. The thermometer here on my desk reads 46F outside, and 73 inside.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:33 am

Good morning all. Had a good night's sleep, don't remember what time I went to bed. I felt asleep on the couch for a while watching television. If you haven't notices already Yahoo isn't the same anymore. They have a new name called Oath and it's because AOL is now part of it. So I won't be going back there anymore. I'm changing from Yahoo to Google and have a Gmail address.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:34 am

Mornin'all! Woke up with a stomach ache. Took some Milk of Magnesia. Now I've been frequenting the small room adjacent to my office. This demands that I remain in close proximity. Consequently, I may not be taking Chipper for a walk till later. I think I'll take a nap now though.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Margie, isn't it amazing what a difference a good night's sleep makes?

Lightfoot, forgive me for stating the obvious. Your diet could probably stand a change. More greens, less beef and white bread. Okay, zip it

My day has been beautiful because the sun is shining, which warms the air.
I have walked twice around our park, planted a bunch of miniature Daffodils,
went to Meijer to buy a harness for the Little rascal. I watched the last of a
three part series. It turned out differently than I would have written it, but
not my story.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:26 pm

@joyous wrote:
Lightfoot, forgive me for stating the obvious. Your diet could probably stand a change. More greens, less beef and white bread. Okay, zip it

went to Meijer to buy a harness for the Little rascal. .

Okay. That's exactly what I need. (not the harness) After reading this post, joyous, I spoke with Dawn about it. She told me that she'd almost said something to me when I made 4 cheeseburgers, but felt it was none of her business. I then told her that I wish she had said something.
As for the harness, I can't get Chipper to accept a harness, so I stay with a collar. A harness is a lot safer for an active dog, as long as it's not too tight, and can be adjusted as the dog grows, but Chipper is almost 11 now, and he's not as active as those young whippersnappers.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Good afternoon all. LLF, my dog doesn't like a harness either. Sassy doesn't like going for walks either.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Chipper loves hi walks! I took him for a half mile walk at the sports complex this morning, and a walk about the same, when we walked down in the construction area in the ravine behind our apartments. Still don't know what they're doing there.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 am

Lightfoot, I'm thankful that I wasn't overstepping boundaries
with the dietary suggestions. I'm glad Dawn backed me up. 2lol

The Little Rascal loves his walks and greets me at the door with
eagerness. He runs so fast, the tug on his collar seems to me to
be too harsh on his little neck. Yes, it does give me more control
over his actions. My son made sure the harness isn't too snug, nor
too loose.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 am

Today, being Sunday, I'll go visit my Mom. Will bring some items for the garage sale she and my Sister will be having over the Memorial Day Weekend. I took Chipper for a walk this morning, and am trying to get notifications and emails caught up before I go.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:02 pm

My usual Sunday morning load of laundry.
Shower. Off to Kroger for Artisan bread.
The best bread and Kroger has it on sale
for $2.99 almost all the time.
The Bakery lady sliced both loaves for me.
Also bought grapes.
Then to the ATM, big lummox that I am,
I punched in the amount I wanted to withdraw
before my PIN and had to start over. Should
seniors be allowed out alone?
I did a lot of computer time.
I began watching an older series last night
and stayed up until after 1:00 A.M. trying to
finish it. I had one episode left to finish today.
"The Citidal"
This afternoon I began another, "For Love of Lydia."
However tonight is "Call the Midwife" and Masterpiece Theater
which is "Unforgotten".
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Went to my Mom's. I'm driving the speed limit now (sort of). I've found that because of my 6 speed transmission, I get better gas mileage at 70 to 90 mph than I do at 50 to 70.
We sorted my Mom's 5 containers of sewing stuff, and reduced it all to one sewing box. Tossed some stuff, and put most of the other things in the garage sale, pricing them as we put them in a big box. Then, we went out in the garage and priced some more stuff. Headed home about 4, stopped at 'Sweet Temptations to get a cheeseburger for Chipper, then called and went to Little Caesar's For pizza. Got 2 stuffed crust pizzas, and could only eat of one, so I knocked on a neighbor's door and asked if he and his roommate wanted one. He said 'Sure!", so I had him come over to my apartment to get it.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 am

I had a full day today....most of it was spent at church. We had a visiting evangelist last night, and three services today. I enjoyed it all and got a blessing but I am kinda tired tonight.

Tomorrow I will go with three other ladies to a funeral of someone who use to attend our church but later moved to a church in the next town. He was only 69 years old. His wife is a beautiful person. She is one of my facebook friends.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:55 am

Good morning all. Suppose to get up to the 70's here today. Finally some warm weather to enjoy. Hubby turned furnace down and I told him I happy about that to. Open some windows later on to.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:02 am

Woke up at 3 this morning, when Dawn started making coffee. Leaving now to take Chipper to the park!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:23 am

I found out Sunday night a former member of the church died and his funeral was yesterday. 4 of us ladies from the church went to be with his wife. On the way to pick up the 4th lady we were stopping at a red light....it was turning from yellow to red when we got stop. All of a sudden.....bang crash....the car behind us slid on the wet pavement and ran into the back of us. The impact shoved us forward a bit....it could have been worse if we had been moving. Anyway the other car had to be moving just a bit faster or she would have gotten stopped. None of us were hurt and the car I was riding in had minor damage and the other car was a bit worse off.

After being detained about 30 minuets we were on our way again and went on to the funeral. It was a very emotional service....apparently there must be religious troubles in the family for the nephew of the man came up from Ocala FL to attend the memorial. He had a few words which the meaning behind was "The members of this family had better get their lives in order before this is you laying there in a casket" etc type words......I have never heard words like this at a funeral.....and this nephew is a minister....who gave up his sinful (so he said) 9 years ago. He had done drugs, alcohol and other things that he said he was forgiven of and turned into a minister. Anyway he left an impression on those there and even requested others to pray the sinner's prayer if there were those in need of being forgiven.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:44 am

Doesn't sound like something that should be brought up at a funeral, Glad.
Happy to hear you weren't injured in the accident. Keep an eye out for neck or back pains.
Today, a friend of Dawn's will pick her up for a meeting. I will be picking her up after the meeting, as she has to come home and prepare for a doctor's appointment, thereby forgoing lunch out with the girls.
Will probably leave Chipper home, as it looks like we may have drizzle all day.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:25 am

I thought the same thing...not the time or place...but maybe the nephew had to do it...not sure....but to me it would have brought stress upon the family.

I am believing there will be no pain from the little accident yesterday. We had an angel with us. The o woman in the other car was stressed out very badly.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:37 am

She should have gotten a ticket for driving too fast for conditions.
I guess I'll be taking Dawn to a mrrting in a bit, taking Chipper for a walk, and going to the hardware store in a bit, as the weather has cleared up.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 am

I missed Monday:
Monday:
Simply an awesome day. Spent the entire afternoon
walking in a park near 8-Mile Road. A park we had
never visited. I believe it's in Novi? Once there was
a Sanitarium on the grounds of what is now a rather
large park, maybe Wayne County Park?

Tuesday:
I began feeling like gardening, but it's still damp and cool.
We did a few chores such as cleaning up the awful mess
the snowplow left us. I washed enough small pots to start
tomato seeds, maybe tomorrow. Made Tuna/pasta salad.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Glad, regarding the funeral message, I have heard of this happening before.
I think some people will find it improper and others will find it a necessary
warning to those who have no relationship with Jesus. The nephew may have
felt led to speak the warning, perhaps to certain people.
Hard to say if there was a right or a wrong. I recall some people being displeased
with such a funeral sermon, but honestly cannot recall whom.
His words might have
been chosen more wisely.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Took Dawn to a meeting and walked Chipper while she was there.
Brought her home to get ready for her doctor's appointment. I took Dawn to her appointment, and waited in the car for almost 2 hours. The doctor was very thorough. I think his name is Larry Nassar.......
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Joyous.

I went to a senior citizen luncheon today and really enjoyed myself very much!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:27 pm

@Glad E Olah wrote:Thanks Joyous.

I went to a senior citizen luncheon today and really enjoyed myself very much!
Don't you have to be a senior to attend?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Poor Dawn. (Nassar)

Coffee and fruit
Shower.
Planted 20 Purple Cherokee tomato seeds
in potting soil in small pots.

Lunch of Braised Salmon, a rice and grain
mix and fried corn from frozen/fresh corn.

Took care of Angel and the little one.
I brought him to our trailer in my car.
He clung to me the entire time. I wonder
why he fears riding in a car?
Also dried a load of my son's laundry.
Finished a series I had been watching.
"Love For Lydia" 13 parts. British and set
Back when cars were sparse.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Took Chipper for another little walk this afternoon. Used a pedometer. that said I walked .83 miles. Checked my steps and my stride. I'd only walked .44 miles. Got out the instructions, and now I have to adjust the stride.
Dawn warmed up some shepherd's pie for me before she left with Fred, and now I'm chilling.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 pm

I;m chillin too.

Watching "Andy of Mayberry."
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Good afternoon all. Not doing much here today either. Just being lazy I guess.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Well. It appears that Dawn wants to move in with her boyfriend. As such, she's given me her 'notice'. Will stay up to 6 months if necessary. Will probably be much less though, as I'm taking it very well', as Dawn says.
Quite coincidentally, the lady in the apartment behind us has a one bedroom apartment, and she's looking for a 2 bedroom. I have a 2 bedroom, and am considering downsizing to a one bedroom for financial reasons. You can see what this is leading to. I've had some discussion with this lady, with Dawn, and with the apartment manager, and while Dawn and our neighbor think a 'swap' of apartments would be quite advantageous all the way around- the complex would retain 2 good tenants, necessary refurbishing of either apartment would be unnecessary, and the financial requirements would be advantageous to both tenants, as I would be losing a roommate, and she plans on adding one, we cannot really make arrangements for the transfer until the manager here discusses all this with her superiors. There would be advantages and disadvantages of this transition. Disadvantages might be that I'll no longer be able to observe my car from my desk, I'd have to transfer utilities and make address changes, Dawn and I would share a bathroom till she moves, and I might be without internet access for a day. Of course, the packing and moving might be a little of a concern also.
Now, I'll probably have to wait till next week before I can do anything.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:19 pm

My goodness LFF. I will pray for you.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Thank you.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:03 am

Lightfoot, I understand your stress now.
In my "Humble" opinion, due to the fact
that Dawn is leaving, should she not assist
you in the move? That would be just one
lessening of stress. I wish I lived closer and
could at least help with rearranging your
living space.
:pray:
I also wish Dawn happiness in her venture.
I assume she knows this man well enough to
feel she can live peacefully with him? Will he
be able to transport her to appointments, etc?
Perhaps all will work out for good! bearhug
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:07 am

Margie, we all need a lazy day now and again. mrchair

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:10 pm