Welcome to Autumn!

What's Going On With Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:43 am

Things will get better, 2Anne.
I plan on taking a shower today, then head to town this afternoon to return a shower chair, get a prescription that wasn't in yet, and buy milk and groceries, but besides keeping an eye on Dawn, that's about it.

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am

@joyous wrote:Glad, either I made a muck-up or you misunderstood.
It was my son's dog, Lacy who died. I maybe should have
worded my post differently.

I saw where Lacy had died on facebook but did not connect while here at Shout. It is my fault for not reading your post right. Either way sorry and hope your Polish lady will be around for a long long time.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 am

LFF your A1C at 7.5 does not need to go any higher. Try to watch those carbs.

My finger stick this morning was 230 and I really don't understand why for I ate very little yesterday in the way of carbs. I go back to the doctor end of this month for another check up.

2Anne so glad no bones broken when you fell. Please be careful. As you know at our age falls can be nasty.

LFF continued prayers for Dawn.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks! Dawn is sleeping right now.
I need to pick up a prescription refill for Dawn, return a shower chair, and pick up some groceries, but the roads are pretty icy yet from the freezing rain last night, covered by snow now, and I'd really rather take Dawn with me, so I can keep an eye on her. I put my compression socks on by myself this morning, and I'm going to go make me some breakfast. Will see what Dawn wants, when she gets up.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 am

Dawn really needs rest right now LFF,and should give herself a week before attempting the usual routine. As well as an anaesthetic shes had major surgery.
Thanks Glad for advice and good wishes.
Sorry re diabetic strugggle and hope your bloods come down to better numbers. Xxx
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks 2Anne....one thing for sure I will not worry for that makes the sugar go up even higher.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Thank you all for the kind thoughts of Lacy. My daughter picked up her ashes this afternoon and left them with me. A lovely wooden box and thinking of that beautiful, sweet animal now in a small box tears me up again. Angel just keeps looking for her and I suppose she thinks her pal will return. My son carried her out in a fleece throw so Angel probably expects him to carry her back in.

I wish this cold, snowy weather would cease and leave us with balmy days like yesterday was,

2Anne, I hope you haven't stretched any tendons in your hand. Did they give you any therapy / exercises? Be extra careful when walking.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Good evening all. Sorry I haven't been around but last week I had a pneumonia and flu shot at the doctor's office . My right arm was swollen and sore for a while so took a break. Then I had to go to the OBGYN this past week and be checked out. No scare , just a female infection that I'm taking care of now. LLF I'm truly sorry that you have full blown diabetics now. I have had it for a long time now and take medicine and check my sugar daily. Happy to hear that Dawn's surgery went well. Sorry to hear about Lacey, passing away Joyous. Pets are part of the family to. She had a good life and may she rest in peace. Hope you're doing well 2Anne and that your hand is okay now? Cold here and a bit of snow on the ground to. Suppose to get one to 3 inches tonight. Just what we don't need.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 am

Margie, thank you for your kind thoughts.
I hope all your health issues have cleared up.

My day:
"I've heard tell the road to hell is paved with good intentions."
I intended to take down the few Christmas decorations and
put them away. I'm halfway there. Everything is laying, helter skelter
on the bed, awaiting the packing away.
No mail on Martin Luther King day, so no walk to the mail box.
My son took today off, so no walk to check on Angel.
I called a niece in TN. It has been ages since we talked so
reconnecting was fun and tearful.

I hope each of you are safe and warm.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 am

Thanks Joyous. I'm feeling a bit better now. I have been down before and got right back up. I have some health issues that I have to deal with on a daily basis here. But happy that I can wake up every morning and still be here. That's a blessing in itself.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks Joyous. I'm feeling a bit better now. I have been down before and got right back up. I have some health issues that I have to deal with on a daily basis here. But happy that I can wake up every morning and still be here. That's a blessing in itself.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Lightfoot, how is Dawn doing?

Question:
What was your experience when the meteor zoomed down across Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Ontario, Illinois, Indiana ? We were sitting comfortably watching something on our computers when BOOM. I was certain a huge branch had fallen on our roof. A neighbor said she saw a flash of light, causing me to suspect either a meteor or a missile having been shot down.

My day:
Not much to tell.
Let Angel out and fetched the mail.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm

Dawn is doing much better- almost back to her normal.
Heard the boom of the meteor, but thought it was the woman upstairs dropping something.

My day? Pretty uneventful- didn't do much at all. Had some red velvet cookies for breakfast, a fudgesicle for lunch, and for supper, had 2 baked chicken thighs, 2 servings of cherry applesauce, 3 servings of mashed potatoes and gravy, and 3 servings of mixed veggies. Took a couple walks up to the office and back, took Chipper out a few times, but not for a walk. Dawn did that.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 am

Good morning all. I saw the meteor on television but didn't happen here at all. LLF, Happy to hear that Dawn is doing much better now. Prayers are still in order for her. Went to the church but didn't volunteer this time. Went and got some food and came home. I guess I left a couple of bags there and John went back and got them for me. I was more tired then I though I was. I did get good nap in and didn't realize I fell asleep around 8 pm and didn't get up till 1 am. But I'm going back to bed again soon and get so more rest. I guess my old age is catching up with me. Weather today is suppose to be up in the 40's and this weekend warmer and rain.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 am

You're not old, Margie. Wait till you get to be my age.
No big plans here today- Bank at 9, then Family Dollar, Save a Lot, take Chipper for a walk, maybe wash the salt off my car........
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:22 am

The boom did not make it to my part of the world.....I should get the news to see what it is all about.

LFF glad Dawn is doing better....continued prayers!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:22 am

The boom did not make it to my part of the world.....I should get the news to see what it is all about.

LFF glad Dawn is doing better....continued prayers!
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I read about the meteor. Hope everyone is having a good day. Been a little crazy around here but things settled down and now about to get crazy again. Ah well, life does keep one on one's toes.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 pm

First, Lightfoot, I'm so glad that Dawn is doing well. It must be a great relief to you.

My day:
Ironed for my Polish lady. She will celebrate her 101st birthday in February, but she never feels good these days. She really wishes to leave this life.
I also visited my second son. Then I visited my firstborn / son and his lady (who is like a daughter to me) . I hadn't seen son #1 since before Christmas. He is frantic about being exposed to the Flu germ.
Not much else aside from letting Angel out.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:00 pm

Good afternoon all. Speaking of son's I haven't seen my oldest son Chris since last Easter. I wished we had a better vehicle then we could go up and see him. He lives about 50 miles from us in a town called Mt. Pleasant , Iowa. He now has a job at Pizza Ranch up there. Don't see much of my other son Jason because of his work schedule. Last time we saw him was on Christmas day. Probably be Easter before I see them both again. We do chat on Facebook with Chris . I have to call Jason to talk to him but that gets old after a while.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Went to my Mom's today. Took Dawn. She had a great visit with my Mom, while my Sister and I took down Christmas decorations. Dawn was getting pretty tired after three hours, so I took her home.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 pm

My day:
One load laundry
Returned Christmas gift I gave my oldest son.
P.J.s were too small. I really was blessed. Kohl's had only one pair and they were the size he needed.
Also met my daughter at McDonald's and my gr.daughter was working, so I saw her too.
A call from my niece and her husband inviting me to visit in Auburn, Washington. I have to give it some thought.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:06 am

Mornin' all! We have steady rain, fog, and 44F this morning! Will likely have rain all day. Good day to stay inside. I have a package to be delivered today. As a member of UPS Choice, I receive notice of UPS deliveries due, and also a notice of when the package is delivered, usually within 2 minutes of the delivery.

Little Chipper wanted up in the recliner by me last night for a while, till he got too warm, then again this morning, when I wanted to get up. So I had to wait till he was ready to get up. After Dawn took him out in the rain, he was coughing a bit, so I gave him a little cough syrup.(prescription for him). I draw .5 cc into a syringe, and squirt it in his mouth. Chipper doesn't mind the cough syrup- just my squirting it in his mouth.

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:26 am

Day 18 staying with my sister. Yesterday was not good, hoping for a better today. She's a good person, but sadly the stroke altered her personality. Anyone who has been through this probably understands. Praying for the patience I need.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 am

Praying for you, Peanut. :pray:
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 am

:pray: Oh Peanut, I had stroke patients and while this is so very stressful for those who love and care for them, the stress for the stroke victim is just plain awful. They know what they wish to convey, but cannot give voice to it
I was with a dear man when his stroke happened. I sat all night with him and had to keep him in bed. He had been fun and lovable, but he turned angry against me. He hated me. I know it wasn't the man I had cared for, but it hurt anyway.
You must take time away from your sister. Otherwise you will burn out.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 am

ty both. I'm afraid I will have to leave at least for a few days, but don't like her being alone. She obviously isn't happy with me today and yes it hurts. my feelings don't matter at this point, I only want what is best for Barbara. Thanks for understanding.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

Peanut, sending prayers not only for your sister but for you as well.

It is good you had a few moments to come in and visit us. Please tell your sister hello from SATW and we hope she is better real soon.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 am

Stroke victims are difficult because they get so angry and frustrated and they are not the easiest people to take care of. Best wishes and prayers for Peanut and her aunty.
Have to see the doc this afternoon with my blood pressure yet again. When they take it at the surgery its always up but when I do it at home its fine. I have a new lady doc and she's really nice. Much better than the men I've had over the years . She is so positive about everything and my last doc though good was a major pill-pusher. He put me on three new drugs but I only take the thyroxine.
Weight up again so more dieting. It never stops,just have a day off and on piles the weight. Depressing.
Hope everyone had a nice day. ckn
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am

There's not a whole lot on the agenda here today. There's a doctor coming out to see me this morning, so I'll have to take a shower shortly. Then Dawn and I will go to the store this afternoon to stock up on a few things.
Wishing you all a good day!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 am

Wow LFF.....you are a lucky man.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 am

My medicare advantage policy provides a check-up from a contracted Doctor to come out once a year to check some vitals, go over my meds, answer any questions, and offer suggestions for me. She'll have my records on the computer with her. In fact, I was just interrupted in this post by a call from her, telling me she's on her way.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am

Did well at doc. She looked at my readings and said they look OK. Just need totting up and they will phone if a problem. Escaped more unwanted tablets. HOORAY 😀😀😀👍
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Horray is right! Good for you 2Anne!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Peanut, you're doing the best thing.You will be more able to help Barbara when you catch some away time. I assume someone checks on her.

2Anne, that is a good report. There may be foods you can eliminate from your diet and pounds just drop off. Less salt is one and dairy is another. I gave up dairy and dropped between 15 and 20 pounds. Now I eat some dairy, but sparingly.

My day:
I had a 1 month membership to Sam's Club.
We went and looked at everything, but bought nothing.
Prices are less at Meijer and ALDI.
While visiting my son's dog, Angel, I cooked up a pot of Goulash for my son.
I really dislike cooking in his kitchen because he lacks the cooking utensils I
need. Looks like I have to replenish his kitchen. LOL
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Doctor who saw me said everything looks good. BP a little high. I told her if she wasn't so pretty, it would have been lower.
Walked Chipper on the boardwalk today, took Dawn to Save a Lot and Family Dollar, having cheeseburgers tonight. Chipper will like that!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Lightfoot, I do believe you're a flirtatious man.
2lol
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm

@joyous wrote:Lightfoot, I do believe you're a flirtatious man.
2lol

Nah.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Well, if your Doctor lady is as cute and petite as my companion's doctor, I can only agree she might raise your B/P . Looking back, his B/P was quite a bit higher than normal when he met her. Naturally he said naught due to the fact I was sitting right there. 2lol
zip it
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Today was good, maybe because we were able to get out for a few hours. We both got our haircut and a nice lunch. Surprising what a difference that has made in Barb's mood. And probably mine, too : ). Sweet dreams to all.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:27 am

Sounds great Peanut. Glad ya'll were able to get out for a while.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 am

Well Hi there! Looks to be a pleasant day here, albeit a cool one, only warming to 38 by 4 p.m.. I want Dawn to call her primary Doctor's office in Holland when they open to see if they can work her in somewhere to take that staple out of her forehead that was overlooked yesterday, when the nurse in the Neurologist's office took her stitches out.

Other than that, I have no other big plans, except maybe move a clock on a wall, so I can fasten our new coat rack and storage organizer to the wall.

Funny story about this coat rack. I had all the pieces counted for assembly, and when I got to the center assembly of the back supports, I was missing a little nut to complete that assembly. I looked all over, on my desk, file cabinet, crawled around searching the floor for anywhere it could have rolled. Had Dawn searching too. Was about ready to give up, when Dawn asked "Did you look on the window sill?" There it was! Then I realized I'd lost the bolt that the nut went on. So I looked all over again to no avail. Called the maintenance man, Randy, and showed him what I needed, so he went to the maintenance building, and found a bolt and nut that would work. I sat down at my desk, and there, on a black colored area of my mouse pad, was the little black bolt! Randy and I laughed and laughed. Then he helped me finish the assembly.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Peanut, I'm really happy for you and Barbara.

Good work, Lightfoot.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:15 pm

About my day:

The day was going along rather well until,

Snowden's son, posted on Facebook that his mother / our dear friend has left this life. Yes, it was expected. Her death leaves a huge vacancy in so many lives.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Thank you, joyous. I don't go on facebook every day.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Lightfoot, I would like to quit FB, but many friends and relatives live in other states and FB is my connection. Also I post scripture everyday first thing.

I'm glad Snowden's son gave us warning so it didn't hit so hard. I was already missing her.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Joyous, going to miss Snowden very much. She left this world about the same time ISH did two years ago now.

I will move some of her threads to her memorial section in the next few days.

I do need to know her full name and her birthdate (the date may be in her profile I will check) She will go on our Memorial Wall. I know her name is Marianne Hart but do not know her maiden name.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

July 15, 1930
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Thanks LFF! I just found that too.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm

I believe her maiden name was Snowden.
I have forgotten her middle name.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:47 am