SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....Happy Holidays to all!

What's Going On With Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm

I left at 6:45 to go to my Sister's for the garage sale this morning. Stayed there till 10:30, came home, took Chipper out, ate lunch. Will take a short nap, and then head back to the garage sale at 3:30.

Wishing you all a good day!

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:56 pm

Seems everyone is having heat like we are.
Thankful for the lovely shade tree on the west side of my son's mobile when I take the doggie out. He can roam in the grass while I sit in the shade and a nice breeze too.

2Anne, do your renters ever cause you problems like having to evict them? Or vandalizing your property? One of my sons and his son have a rental house. The tenant got behind with his rent once, but they gave him time to catch up. He takes good care of the place.

Lightfoot, is the garage sale lucrative this time?
I believe it's too hot for me to try any this weekend.
All the weeding and bean picking has me ready for down time.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:07 pm

@joyous wrote:

Lightfoot, is the garage sale lucrative this time?

Sure haven't sold much yet, but today was only the first day.....
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:54 am

I hope the sale brings in enough cash to make the effort worth while, Lightfoot.

I went out before the heat got super extreme and picked enough lettuce for Tacos
for lunch. Then I watered a few things, potted plants mainly. Put fresh water in the
large birdbath. Managed to get Mulberry stain on my white jeans, as usual. Why do
I wear white while gardening, you ask? Because white is cooler than dark colors and
I have managed to accrue at least three pair. The white jeans are now soaking in
laundry stuff in the hopes of stain removal.
My only outing today will be to visit my doggie, seeing as his master is out on lake Erie,
on a point, fishing.
Stay cool!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:49 am

The garage sale doesn't look much better today. I left about 9:30, and will go back about 4. Doing laundry, and baking a tenderloin right now.
Can fish actually live in Lake Erie, joyous? I remember when, years ago, the water was so polluted in that lake.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:53 am

Will have to get Chipper outside here soon. Had him out at midnight, when he got me up because the storms and fireworks were done for the night.
I'll be leaving about 7:15 for my Sister's. Garage sale again. High should only be about 85 today.
I'll be there all day, as my Brother-in-Law will be will be taking my Mom to the cancer center in Holland for a blood treatment for her Leukemia. It usually takes her a couple of days to bounce back after her treatment.
I'll be working the garage sale all day, so I asked Loretta if she would check in on Chipper at about Noon, and spend a little time with him.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Busy day and out playing Bridge this afternoon. Came third so that was better than I thought as we made a lot of errors.
Usual day of cleaning the house and eating later this evening as no time at lunchtime with the Bridge,
Numerous texts from sister that I need to reply to but she can be exhausting so I will leave it until later.
Did a bit of gardening and cut back brambles that are taking hold on one of the beds. It's hot here for the 11 th day in a row and even now at 6.40pm its 83F.
Quiet day tomorrow but must hose down car as its covered in brown dust.
Have a nice day everyone smwrr
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Was up at 4:30 this morning with Chipper. Took him for a productive walk. Left at 6:45 for the garage sale. Headed home about 4:30 this afternoon. Trying to catch up on things.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:18 pm

Good evening all. Didn't do much here today. I guess I played lazy. Last couple of days have been nice but tomorrow and Wed suppose to be in the 90's here. UGH!!!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:34 am

Going to be a warm one here again today. I'll be leaving in a few minutes to pick up Dawn. She'll be going to my Sister's with me. We decided to not be open today, as we didn't do well this weekend. We'll be packing things up, and storing them for the next sale, which will be over the Labor Day holiday.
My Mom got through her treatment yesterday, but she was very tired yesterday, so I don't know if she'll be up to visitors today....
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Jimminy Crickets! I have been absent for several days. oops

Lightfoot, it seems you were running around in circles.
Too bad the Sale didn't go well, but some days folks
just aren't in a buying mood. Maybe September will
be better.

2Anne, I see you're having extreme heat just as we are here in the states.
It's actually dangerous for folks who have no AC.

Hello Margie. I hope your AC and fans are helping.
We get out in the garden early before the heat gets
unbearable.
Aside from garden work, I visited my oldest son yesterday for his 61st birthday.
Also spend time with the little Granddoggie every day. He is always so happy to see Grama.

Glad, where are you? bearhug
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:36 am

I have been here just not as often......for instance I began this post almost an hour ago and something called me away to do here in the house. Seems like my days anymore there is not enough hours in them.

Yesterday I took granddaughters to their dental appointment. We went to Aldi's afterward and on the way home we stopped to put flowers on papaw's grave. Then yesterday afternoon daughter picked me up and I went along to their ice cream social at their church. Didn't get home until about 10 pm last night.

My days lately seem to be full and sometimes I feel like I don't accomplish much then look back and realize I have.

The garden is producing now. I dehydrated collards on Monday and went to crush them just now and they did not dehydrate right. So they go into the compost bin which in a round about way are not wasted but time is gone that I used to man the dehydrator. Son said the collards may be drawing humidity out of the air for it has been very humid here lately. Right now I have the dehydrator going again this time with kale so hope it turns out. I love dried kale and was hoping to get some collards too but it may be a veggie that does not dehydrate well.

Hope all of you sweet members have a wonderful and safe 4th of July (even those in other countries hope your day is full of nice events and safety).

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:54 am

Wishing you all a great day! I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk at 8:30 this morning, while the temperature was still only 75
While we were out, we stopped by Save a Lot and picked up a few things.
Then, we came home, and I turned on the a/c. Things are cooled off a bit, so I think I'll take a little nap. I was up every 2 hours last night.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:37 pm

Good outing for you and Chipper, Lightfoot.

Glad, I know that feeling of not accomplishing anything.
It seems to me that you do a lot. More than I do.
I just lightly cook Kale or Beet tops and freeze them.
We have been freezing green beans a lot.
The heat has been extreme today and around 11:30 our power went off.
WE went to $Tree to cool off. When we came home, the power was on. Thanks to the Lord and DTE workers.
Sadly I was told on FB today that a 31 year old member of my inlaw family had died yesterday. Alan was just 31. I haven't heard what happened to take his life so soon. I just feel such deep sadness for his dad and mom and grandpa who is a really good man.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:42 pm

So sorry to hear this, Joyous.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:18 am

So sorry about your young in-law passing. Very sad.

I am going to brave getting out to work about 10 this morning. Going to be a 3 digit heat index so I will take a big mug of water.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am

Going to be hot upstairs, Glad!
Took Chipper to the boardwalk this morning, while it was still relatively cool. Here's a pic of our boardwalk:
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Lightfoot, that is an inviting place to stroll.

Glad, do you use Sun-blocker when working outside?
I remembered today, but not always.
We took out onions today. Thankfully we have nice, large onions this year.
We also have a huge Groundhog.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm

The boardwalk actually gets a little boring day after day, joyous. That's why I sometimes take Chipper to the Sports Complex here, along the sidewalk here near the apartments, or to one of the many parks here in Allegan, Otsego, or Plainwell.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:59 pm

I took Chipper to the boardwalk this morning, and took him outside a couple other times today, but I've been inside most of the day computing, cooking, or chilling.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Twas a nice day to worship today.....not near as hot as it has been
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:18 am

Mornin' all! I might have gotten a little fitful sleep last night. Been up most of the night with pain in my left butt cheek. Tried several positions in the recliner, in the full size bed, in the hospital bed, even on the floor, with pillows, without pillows.... I took two pain pills, and I even put a compression stocking on my left leg, the compression sock after I found that massaging my left thigh seemed to alleviate the pain a bit. I haven't worn my compression stockings for 10 days because of the heat, so I was thinking it might be a circulation problem in my leg.

Guess what? The pain in my buttock is easing some. Whether it's the pain pills, or the compression stocking, I don't know. But I may not have to go to urgent care after all!

I have no big plans yet for today.....

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:57 am

Those socks are so hot but I was told to wear them too. Maybe you have some gout in your thigh area....I know I had a terrible pain in my left thumb last week. The kind of arthritis I have travels from joint to joint (which the doc says it is not arthritis but gout flareups) so I just take a round of motrin or something to bring the swelling down.

Hope the pain lets up soon LFF. Sending prayers your way!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks Glad! I think it's feeling better. The heat is why I wasn't wearing the socks.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:56 am

Good afternoon all. Getting warmer here now. Up to 85 but feels like 93. Got all the laundry done now and answered a few letters as well. I still have more letters to answer I'm way behind. Called Glad last night and wished her a Happy Birthday to.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:57 am

Good afternoon all. Getting warmer here now. Up to 85 but feels like 93. Got all the laundry done now and answered a few letters as well. I still have more letters to answer I'm way behind. Called Glad last night and wished her a Happy Birthday to.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Lightfoot, just when you had me worried, the pain let up.
"Thank You, Lord."
I often wear support pantyhose due to Varicose veins and
they do make me more aware of the heat.

Glad, I hope your birthday was superb.

Margie, the heat is awful almost everywhere and we need rain
badly. We will have to resort to using city water, even though we dislike the chlorine
in it.
I've been absent a lot lately.
Funeral Friday for such a young man. I hadn't seen him since he was a boy.
His friends and cousins got up and told us what kind of person he was, how much fun he was, how he taught them so much. My heart aches for his mother and dad and the gr.dads. After the service, three of my kids, one gr.daughter and I went to a niece's house to spend time together. It's sad that we rarely see each other aside from weddings and funerals.
I've also spent much time in the garden.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:19 am

Woke late with a terrible bad head. Must take some paracetamol as it's one of those that needs help to go. Weather broken today and rain clouds hovering. We do need it as its been red hot for 15 days in sucession.
Have work to do and should be getting on,not sitting here relaxing.
We all seem to be a bit crocked on here healthwise so best wishes for everyone to feel well. :pray: ckn
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 am

Hi all! Will be another warm one today here. 74F outside at 6:30 a.m.. I have the air on already.

Been up since 1:30 with this pain in my left buttock- now radiating down my leg. Took extra Naproxen Sodium. Seems to be easing a bit. Will take Chipper out shortly, after my bran flakes and blueberries. Will pick up Dawn at 1:00.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:31 am

2Anne, I hope your head no longer aches.
I think high humidity causes some headaches.
I'm not positive, just a guess.

Lightfoot, hip joint? Nerve?

I feel really great. I am so blessed.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:44 am

Sounds like Sciatic nerve LFF. Painkillers and rest best option.
Thanks Joyous. My head cleared without medication. Pollen count here high and thats causing probs.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:59 pm

@2Anne wrote:Sounds like Sciatic nerve LFF. Painkillers and rest best option.
Thanks 2Anne! Windwalker also suggested that. Sounds about right to me.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:44 am

Humidity, heat, lack of rain.
My tomatoes are decent plants with no tomatoes.
Plenty of green beans, lettuce, yellow squash,
enough potatoes seeing as I chose a lousey
area for planting them.
Garlic, onions, corn seem to be good.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

Woke up at 2 this morning. Sciatica pain made a reappearance. Couldn't shake it, so eventually, I took my readings, I had breakfast and took my pills. Then, I took Chipper for a walk on the Boardwalk. Had to use my cane.
Came home, and I might take a nap later, but have no other plans for today.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

We had wonderful news on July 4 th daughter engaged to long term partner as in 10 years. Planning wedding before Christmas so skates on. We visited them this Wednesday and celebrated- had terrible hangover yesterday as overindulged but recovered today. Im trying to find a wedding party venue but she likes expensive so my humble offerings probably wont work We are all very happy.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:36 am

Hi all! I didn't sleep much last night again. Have an appointment with a nurse practitioner on Monday. Hoping she can help. Haven't got big plans for today. Will take Chipper for a walk, and might think about going to home depot for some shelving.

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:10 am

Congrats to your daughter 2Anne. I know how long you have waited for this news. I wish them the very best life has to offer.

Sending prayers for you LFF that the nurse practitioner can help. I do believe nurse practitioners are very dedicated people.

I saw the doctor my nurse practitioner is under yesterday for food exam to get diabetic shoes. She is very compassionate also and really nice. I like her and know that she is in charge of my files also. So if something comes up that the nurse practitioner can't do then this doctor will step in. This is good to know.

I have had a very busy week running grands to the dentist, taking grandson to the library for his second test for summer college, taking my challenged son to his appointment (at the same office I go to) working a few hours (going to work a couple today later) and then my appointment for the shoes. I also got two of my shot prescriptions and apparently I have met my big amount for the year because both the insulin and the Victoza combine was only $17. Last month both was over $200 so I am happy! Hope next month is just as cheap. I need a break.

I have been giving daughter some from the garden. Not enough to can beans yet just enjoy eating fresh and the tomatoes. We are getting a good supply of cucumbers too and I probably won't be making pickles this year. I still have plenty in my frig that need to be used. I may make one gallon jar but only when we get tired of eating fresh cukes. I am happy if I can help daughter with garden items since she does not grow veggies. She likes her new job but not getting paid what she deserves....maybe later which I hope so.

Have a good day everyone. Going to be another hot one in MO!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 am

Looked up the shelving I wanted online this morning, drove down to Home Depot in Plainwell,, with Chipper, and bought 2 4-shelf units, took Chipper for a short, productive walk at one of the parks in Otsego, then came home and placed one of the shelf packages in my storage room. Looks like they will fit fine.
Sitting here in the a/c right now.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:51 pm

2Anne, I wish your daughter and her mate a lovely wedding and a happy life.

Lightfoot, I wonder if a Chiropractor might help relieve the pain?

Glad, you made me jealous when you mentioned tomatoes.
Our's aren't being pollinated, plus lack of rain means not
much juice in them.
We are getting plenty of beans, lettuce, garlic, onions, cukes.

I did very little today. We had a disturbance in our trailer park.
A lady has been causing chaos and finally the police were called in.
There are people who deserve better treatment and are being the brunt of her idiocy.
:pray:
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:23 pm

I'll talk to my doctor Monday. As she's a D.O., she may consider that. I think the main form of treatment she'll suggest is losing weight and exercising more.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:48 am

We had a nice rain in the middle of the night....hoping the garden will do better now.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:46 am

Looked online for stretching exercises for my Sciatica. Saw one that I could do. Took Chipper out, ate my bran flakes, took my pills, did my exercise, and now I'm going to take a shower before I go to my Mom's today.
Have a good day all!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Congrats 2Anne on your daughter's marriage. I'm happy for you both. Good evening all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tues. John went out and did some lawn work today. He was out there for at least a few hours. On Sunday it was his 3rd year since his heart surgery back in 2015. He is doing better everyday now. Sad news my youngest son Jason lost his dog Begreeha last Sat. She was 13 years old and her kidney shut down. She was part black lab and a bit terrier . Jason had her since she was a puppy. He is taking this very hard right now. We are suppose to get more rain on Wed, Thurs and Friday. I sure hope and pray we do.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Fred brought Dawn here at 8:30 this morning. She visited the lady upstairs for an hour, and then I drove us to the food pantry in Dorr. After that, I took her home with her haul.
We'd taken Chipper along, so Chipper and I headed home. I stopped for ice cream, and then took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. Then I bought gas (2.96 a gallon), and headed home.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Margie, good news about John's activity level.
Sad about your son's dog. I know too well how
he feels as my son's Angel left us this year.
His Lacy left us not very long ago.
Both were old for doggie life and he had them
since they were puppies. The new little one makes
it easier. Will your son consider getting a puppy?

We had enough rain to help the garden survive,
but only about 10 gallons in one rain barrel, So
hand watering is all we can do until God sees fit
to send more rain.
I'm so elated to have picked 6 ears of corn from the
very first planting I have ever done.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I took Chipper to the boardwalk early this morn
He really wanted to go. He looked so forlorn
We walked there and through the park for half an hour or so
Then when the time was right, he really had to go.
As a responsible dog owner, I carry bags with me
I always have 2 bags, and sometimes even 3.
Then we drove to Village Market, our local grocery store
I turned to Chipper and asked "What are we here for?"
I fear that my memory isn't what it used to be
So I walked into the store, and it came to me
I bought Tenderloin for Chipper, and diet pop too
Hurried back to Chipper. He looked so blue
I took Chipper home then, took my pills and such
I was really tired, so didn't want to do much.
Caught things up on the computer, then laid back in a chair
when Chipper pawed at me, I said we're not going anywhere
After writing all of this, I'm ready to take a nap
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:29 pm

Lightfoot, sounds like a full day with Chipper.
Any wonder you were tired? mrchair

Today I didn't do a lot. watering a bit in the garden.
I went to Value World with my 50% off coupon,
bought a nice, tailored, long sleeved shirt/blouse
and a nice pair of dark olive scrubs.
I thought they would be good for garden work,
but I like them enough to wear for Knockabout.

Also saw my canine buddy. A neighbor
loudly reprimanded him for barking at her,
which I think was out of line as he was in my
son's yard and my responsibility. I didn't make
an issue of it, but took him inside.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Actually, I can't remember much of what I did today. My short term memory is getting worse. I do know that I took Chipper on a walk to the water tower this morning, and I took him on another walk along the boardwalk this afternoon. I did go to Village Market twice too- Once for 6 pounds of Tenderloin and a box of pancake mix, and once for Sparkling ice and something else that I can't remember. I might have taken a nap today too. I feel so tired lately.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 am

We had a little rain overnight. Temperature is still 71.

I slept in, sort of. Then I got up about 7, took all my measurements, had some Frosty Flakes for breakfast, took my pills, and here I am.

Feels like a good day to just chill.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Lightfoot, did you just have a checkup with your GP ?
Can there be something going on to cause the weariness?
As for forgetting, I keep a daily journal just as a reminder of
what I did yesterday, last week, last year.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:37 pm

@joyous wrote:Lightfoot, did you just have a checkup with your GP ?
Can there be something going on to cause the weariness?

No. I saw a nurse practitioner. I'll see my doctor on 8/14.
And no. I'm tired as a side effect of my medications, I'm overweight, and I'm just getting older.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:45 am

We do get more easily tired as we get older LFF but as in the same position as you re weight agree this is not helping.
Went to Scotland on Monday for three days so husband could watch the Open golf at Carnoustie. I can't say I enjoyed it much and the flight back was a nightmare.
Scotland is very socialist and they always vote for the Labour Party of the SNPwhich is much the same. In consequence they get a lot of free stuff but the place is very run down and relies on tourism and whiskey production/wool upmarket sales. I was shocked at how bad it was and my husband read in the paper they are expecting 7000 businesses to close down due to high taxation and property tax. This is really bad for a small country and I can see them going bankrupt. They need to twin the country with Venezuela as they have a lot in common lol.

Keep well all of you candle

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:39 pm