BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Welcome to Autumn!

What's Going On With Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 am

Mornin' all! I'll be going for my pedicure in an hour or so. While I'm out without Chipper, I might get my oil changed.

Have a good day all!

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:44 am

Dang LFF......I need to check into a pedicure! I can no longer trim my own toe nails correctly.

2Anne......I still shop at Walmart for the savings I can get but I am not an everyday shopper there....just when I need something I get cheaper than anywhere else. Happy Birthday to you today. I posted a thread for you.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am

@Glad E Olah wrote:Dang LFF......I need to check into a pedicure! I can no longer trim my own toe nails correctly.

As you're a diabetic, a pedicure by a podiatrist should be covered by medicare every 2 months or so. However, if you consult with the doctor about any problems, or receive any additional treatment, the session will be billed differently, and you'll have to pay your co-pay.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm

I will call a podiatrist.....for the foot doctor said nail trimming was not covered....but that was about 2 years ago now.
Thanks LFF!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:48 pm

good afternoon all. Hope everyone is having a nice Monday. No plans to go anywhere today. Payday is Oct 3rd and then we have to go get some things, especially groceries and things. Weather here is warm today in the 70's , but getting rain tonight to. Had to finally turn on the furnace the other night, got very cold in here. Hubby cleaned out the furnace filter and make sure the pilot light was working to. Otherwise would have had to wait for the furnace man today. Which we didn't need to do.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:17 am

I am still using the A/C on this October day. Had it off a few days last week but yesterday it became muggy with a temp of almost 90. One thing for sure it will cool off before long. Fall garden is not doing good at all. I am still getting a few tomatoes and peppers. Will check the green beans this afternoon.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:26 am

No A/C here for a while- maybe tomorrow...
Good morning all! Here it is October 2, and I haven't changed my desk calendar yet! I'd better get on the stick!

We went barefoot a lot when we were kids, and I remember my Dad telling us there was so much dirt between our toes, we could grow potatoes there. What does that have to do with anything? Doctor told me I have corn growing on my toe. Oh- A corn.

Took Chipper out at about 4:30. Had put him in bed with me at 1:30 because of the thunderstorms here. Will have to take him for a walk later. Our apartment manager will be coming out sometime this morning to get me on our 'rent cafe' site, using my computer. Then, I can set up auto-withdrawal for my rent payments.

Wishing you all a great day!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:52 am

Good morning all! Chipper had me up at 5 this morning, so after I brought him in, I decided to stay up.

The manager here came over and tried using my computer to get me registered on their new website. Didn't work, so she sent an email to corporate, saying they'll have to do it. I'll be late on my rent, but they'd better not charge me a late fee. Will go to the management office here later this morning, and I hope things are straightened out.

My Sister and Brother in Law brought my Dad's day bed over yesterday afternoon. My Mom doesn't need it in her house. Hoping to assemble it later this morning. Will take Chipper for a walk too, if the predicted thudderstorms hold off.

Have a good day all!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:47 am

Yeah that would not be right to charge you a late fee if it is their fault.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 am

Hi all! Finished assembling my day bed yesterday, and today, I'm trying to get all the cases, pads, sheets, and cover on correctly. I incorrectly laid the top sheet on it last night, and slept on it- pretty comfortable.

Will be taking Chipper downtown in a bit, and will stop by Ace Hardware for a couple nuts and bolts I need.

Finally got the rent straightened out, after about 4 and months. Got registered on their new website, and I have until the end of the month to set up an automatic withdrawal for each month.

No other big plans for today.

Have a good day all!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:10 am

Just got back from Aldis.....stocked up....and they finally got the roast beef lunch meat in.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:13 am

Mornin' all! Misting rain here. Might not be able to take Chipper for a walk till later.

Going to cut open my Queen-sized box spring today. See if there's any money in it. I hear thunder in the distance. Maybe I'll take a nap before anything else.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:17 am

We need rain here LFF.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:42 am

Mornin' all! Will have rain on and off all day today- getting sick of this!
Got my boxspring torn apart yesterday- no money in it. Took the skin off of it, cut all the springs so I could get the wooden frame off the top, and then gut the metal frame in half. Will have to take the metal halves to the dumpster yet, and knock the wooden top frame apart, disposing of that too.
I'll be able to do that today, as I won't be heading out to my Mom's today. She doesn't feel like entertaining visitors today.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:01 pm

I know how your mom feels, LFF.
Do you take the frame apart out
of kindness, or is it required by
rubbish pick-up?

Glad, will Michael be coming near you?
We will all get rain and wind, undoubtedly.
Personally, I'm worn out from the extreme humidity.
Could I be getting old?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:01 pm

@joyous wrote:I know how your mom feels, LFF.
Do you take the frame apart out
of kindness, or is it required by
rubbish pick-up?

I took it apart so it would be easier for me to take it out to the big dumpster by the office- also so I could fit it in the dumpster. Some people just put big items by the dumpster, and our maintenance guy has to fit it in the dumpster.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 pm

I didn't do much today. It rained all day. I took Chipper out in the rain once, and it'll probably be raining when I take him out tonight.
At my Sister's and Mom's garage sale, I'd purchased a 1976 set of encyclopedias, which was missing 3 of the 25 volumes. I'd ordered them from Amazon, and the last two arrived today. Had to stay home to wait for them.
I'm running my dishwasher right now. It's only the second time I've run it since I moved here in May.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:00 am

The encyclopedias I mentioned yesterday are a '76 reprint of the 1970 edition.
Took Chipper to the boardwalk for a nice walk this morning. Had to wear one of my caps that have lights in the brim because there are areas that are not lit by the lights along the walk, and I have to be able to see to clean up after Chipper.

Went to Save a Lot to pick up a few things there- Flirted with the cashier. They all know me there.

Made some pancakes this morning- were very good!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am

Well, you rascal, flirting with the cashier!
I bet you made her day! clap1

2rain has gone and sun is shining here,
although the breeze was a tad nippy earlier.
Reckon I must pick my late batch of lettuce.

I'm trying to stop thinking about ANTIFA and
the Mob who surround any Republicans in
restaurants, on the street, even to the point
of breaking down a Congressman's office door.
Yet CNN will not allow these thugs to be called
a mob. How long before we either cow-tow to
the left or find ourselves reluctant to step
outside our door? Rand Paul was beaten in his own yard / sucker-punched,
broken ribs which caused pneumonia. His wife said she sleeps with a gun at her side due to fear. This is no longer the country I knew.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:18 am

Yesterday John and I were married 27 years . We were both sick so will celebrate another time.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:19 am

Yesterday John and I were married 27 years . We were both sick so will celebrate another time.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:23 am

Mornin' all! We have a cool morning here, and I don't feel like doing much at all!

I'll take Chipper out later, and go to Village Market for some Honey nut O's cereal. Save a Lot does not have them in 20 ounce bags, and apparently can't get them that way either, but Village Market can.

I'll have to check the antifreeze in my car, as temperatures are getting down a bit at night. I'd rather not drive at all this winter, but that doesn't seem to be a viable option at this time.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:35 am

Husband out golfing all morning so I busied myself with jobs. Was on exercise bike when he returned and cut my half hour to 20 minutes and got the lunch.
No plans for the afternoon except a siesta. Out with friends tonight but I'm driving so can't have my weekly drink of gin and Lilt. Do you get a low cal tropical flavoured drink called Lilt in the US? It makes great cocktails with plenty of ice. bludnc ckn
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:56 am

Mornin' all! Chipper had me up twice during the night, and when I got up, I took my vitals, took my pills, made some scrambled eggs and sausage, and then, as I started to get on here, Chipper barked that sharp bark that says "I have to go outside!". So I took Chipper outside. I guess I have to quit giving him chicken....

Decided I might as well take him for a walk. Grabbed my keys, and took Chipper out to the car. Checked my antifreeze while I was out there- it's good to -40F.

After taking Chipper for a walk, I stopped at the store to pick up a couple of things. Realized I didn't have my wallet, so came home.

Have a good day all!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am

@2Anne wrote: Do you get a low cal tropical flavoured drink called Lilt in the US?

The only Lilt I know of here is a hair conditioner for perms.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:09 am

It definitely aint hair lotion LFF- ha ha!. For some reason I thought it came from America.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 pm

2note Happy anniversary, Margie & John 2note
smwrr enjoy your belated celebration smwrr

2Anne, I hope you managed to enjoy the evening in spite of no Lilt!
bearhug
Lightfoot, you're a good customer. Maybe they would trust you to
owe for your cereal?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:29 pm

@joyous wrote::
Lightfoot, you're a good customer. Maybe they would trust you to
owe for your cereal?
I wouldn't even ask them anyway.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 am

Many years ago I went into a mens outfitters near my home in a village. Although I had never been in the shop before the proprietor told me I could take home a large selection of clothes for my husband to try on. No deposit or payment,he trusted me. This was amazing but the next day I took back what clothes were unwanted and paid for the items we liked. I have never forgotten this and still wonder why the shopkeeper trusted a complete stranger?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 am

@2Anne wrote:Many years ago I went into a mens outfitters near my home in a village. Although I had never been in the shop before the proprietor told me I could take home a large selection of clothes for my husband to try on. No deposit or payment,he trusted me. This was amazing but the next day I took back what clothes were unwanted and paid for the items we liked. I have never forgotten this and still wonder why the shopkeeper trusted a complete stranger?
That was a completely different time, 2Anne. Or maybe a different culture? Westerners seem to be less trusting.
I plan on heading out to my Mom's this afternoon. Right now, I'll have my Toasty Oats cereal. Where it costs me $1.99 for a 14 ounce box at Save a Kot, I can get it for $2.88 for a 32 ounce bag at Village Market.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:37 am

Good morning all! Had a restful night here last night. Took Chipper out at 5. Temperature was 41F on my patio. Says 44F/7C for Allegan on Localconditions.com

Will take Chipper for a walk in a bit, and will be heading out to my Mom's this afternoon. My Sister and I plan on taking in all my Mom's garden decor before the snow flies start arriving. Today should be a good day for that, as the weather should be sunny, with a high of 57. Have no other plans today. Gave Chipper his Revolution last night. Due to our colder temperatures now, the fleas and ticks are not a threat, but heartworm is not seasonal, so I keep Chipper protected year round
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:58 am

You do well with your bargains LFF. Compared to UK I felt US supermarkets were really expensive. Many items like ham costing more than double. In Florida it was $3 for a bag of bread rolls. Here same size bag is 80 cents. We found eating out cheaper than making our own food.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 pm

2Anne, do you miss those days as much as I do?
Days when we could bargain with Shop keepers.
Days when we were trusted to pay up. My Daddy
kept a weekly tab at the country store
and settled it on payday. His word was his bond.

We had ice on windshields this morning.
Yet the sun beams from overhead making it seem
the world isn't such a bad place after all.

I did the usual Sunday morning load of wash.
Also washed the dish towels.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:51 pm

The UK was a decent Christian country until we welcomed in predators from all over the globe. Crime has escalated to huge heights, Our capital London has knifings,acid throwing,muggings and murders. unheard of 60 years ago.
Islam is displacing Christianity in many areas and the evil it brings is sickening. I just hope you Americans don't walk down the same road.
Our two major cities of Birmingham and London are 50% POPULATED BY IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE OUTBREEDING US BIG TIME.
The Grenfall Towers fire demonstrated that out of hundreds of residents only a handful were English. It appears that most social housing in London is given to foreigners. The future is frightening to contemplate.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm

2Anne, I fear such travesty here in the near future.
The liberal party want illegal people to swarm into the US
insuring them votes. Most politicians of any length of time
in office have secure living quarters and security, so they
can make laws depriving us of the right to own guns with
which to defend ourselves.
Already prayer to our heavenly Father is denied in many
places,
yet People of the Islamic faith are allowed to ring out the
call to prayer, to kneel on city streets in prayer. Hamtramck,
Michigan is one such city. Church bells ringing on Sunday morning
have long since been silenced. I suppose we gave in too easily?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm concerned too, joyous. I don't know what we can do now.

Well, today I went to my Mom's, visited a while, then, my Sister and I packed up all the lawn ornaments, raked, and cleaned up branches and leaves, coiled up hoses, and rearranged stuff in her garage for the left over garage sale stuff we'll be storing there.

I picked up a bacon double cheeseburger for Chipper on the way home. He gobbled that up, as I ate some spaghetti and meatballs. Then I took Chipper to the boardwalk for a very productive walk, turned in half my Speedway points for a $50 gas card, drove to Save a Lot to pick up a few things (Forgetting one thing), and came home.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:50 am

Because of what is happening I believe GOD will intervene. I am certain the end is coming in 2020 and we are now in the final countdown. All we can do now is pray.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 am

Ah yes.... Here we are at the middle of October. Where has the year gone? I still have my 4th of July deco on my door.

After a busy day yesterday, I had a pretty good night's rest. Took Chipper out this morning in a light rain, which looks like it may stick around for a while, so I've made no plans for today yet.

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:05 pm

2Anne, maybe you feel as I do, As a young person I figured old people had it all figured out. Now I'm an old person, I realize I know as little as I did then. I have more experience, but less actual knowledge. Faith is our Rock.

Lightfoot, your yesterday sounds very productive and it paid off. It is true, we usually sleep more soundly after some physical activity.

Today I watched season 3 episode 1 of "Endeavour", a British Detective series and very good, as are almost all British TV shows. The US falls far behind when it comes to TV entertainment. Among my all time favorites is the Yorkshire production, "Last of the Summer Wine". It lasted, I believe, for 32 seasons. A simple story of three older men and their village life.

Today I also played a bit with my little grand doggie. He wears me out. mrchair
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

There is some good drama in the U.K. and the commercial channels do well,not just the BBC. Recently seen an excellent one called Bodyguard which I recommend. Trouble is they always include some soft porn and it would be better without. Maybe Im narrow minded but I find sex on the screen offensive.
Like you Joyous I despair over the state of man on earth.
Just arrived in Spain. Pilot had to abort first landing when we arrived which was scary but we reached terra firma eventually and late! Its 11.15 pm here.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:51 am

Mornin' all! 42F here on my patio, but didn't feel too bad when I took Chipper out. Will be taking him for a walk in a few hours, and then will pick up Dawn, as she'll be in Allegan. We'll visit a bit, and she's going to make some meatloaf for Chipper and me. Then, we'll take her home.

I have a collage of pictures and memories of my Mary in a frame, sitting on the kitchen counter. She's been gone for 2 years now. I'm tempted to take the collage off the counter, and hang it on the wall somewhere, but I have a crystal angel nite light by her that I need to keep near her too.

Have no other big plans today. May check out my Pilates DVD...

Have a good day all!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:18 am

Blessings re Mary LFF.
Pilates sounds good but dont do your back in!!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 am

Good morning 2Anne and everyone who reads this.

I had a non productive day yesterday....guess because Mondays can some time be dreary especially since it was cold and damp outside. We are suppose to have sunshine today but none yet.

Son made coffee earlier and I am sipping a cup now. Will go to my part time job soon then the other son needs to go and mow a yard for the last time so will take him for that this afternoon.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:44 am

2Anne, thank God and the human pilot for a safe landing.
I hope your stay in Spain is both fun and relaxing. Maybe
you can get away from worldly things for awhile.
As you mentioned sex on the screen, I too wish they kept
it behind bedroom doors. I liked movies when a couple kissed
and closed the bedroom door. Most adults know enough about
life to get by without a visual display. If I'm puritanical that's
just who I am.
I just may find "Bodyguard".

Lightfoot, enjoy your pilates. A good stretch and a few bends
are enough for me. I did stroll around the Trailer park a few
minutes ago.
Glad, isn't the morning coffee just what a body needs first thing?

I asked on FB for prayer for my neighbor/friend, Phyllis who
found out about 4 weeks ago that she has cancer. She is now
in rehab and may be coming home in a few days. Her husband,
John recently had a "Widowmaker heart attack." They have been
through a lot this past year.
John was Chaplain at Salvation Army some years ago. Phyllis had,
until John suffered the heart attack, been working at a
Salvation Army store. She is one of the sweetest people I have
ever known. :pray:
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Praying for Phyllis and her husband.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:52 am

Early yet, but I foresee a typical day for Chipper and me. Will take a little walk later, but have nothing else on the agenda.
Wishing you all a good day!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:41 am

Lightfoot, thank you so much for prayer.
Here's hoping you and Chipper have a perfect day.
I just walked down to see my little friend.
My son said the little rascal had been sick yesterday.
He snatches up stuff off the ground and eats it before
you can possibly get it from him. Apparently someone
threw something into Chuck's yard that disagreed with
him. He feels much netter this morning. However, the
sewer guys are digging by my son's trailer and any
unusual noise upsets the wee dog. I told him, "Just
hide behind the chair and they won't bother you.
I'll be back in a little while." I know he mostly under-
stands. I can;t bring him here. He is TOO rambunctious!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:32 pm

good evening all. Didn't do much here today. Will be busy tomorrow since I have classes for General Election and I work on the polls and that starts at 10 am . Then off to do volunteer work at the local church for monthly food give way from 3 till 5:30 pm. I'm will be tired after that for sure.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:28 am

Hi all! It's rather cool here this morning. 29F/-2C assures a heavy coating of frost on the cars. Will have to run the car a bit before I take Chipper downtown. Can't stay out too long, as Dawn will be coming over at about 11 this morning. I'll be taking her to Grand Rapids to see her neurologist this afternoon. Chipper will have to stay home I guess. I don't want to leave him in the car in the parking garage, even for just an hour.

Wishing you all a great day!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am

Nice morning here at 42F/6C. Took Chipper out at 5:30. Will take him downtown in a couple of hours. Then I'll be heading out to my Sister's, where we'll be moving garage sale stuff from her garage to my Mom's garage for the winter. We'll be moving the 2 snow blowers in her garage for the winter too. My Sister's big walk behind snow blower has something like a 40 inch swath, a cab that protects her from the snow and wind, and even has heated handles!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 am

Sounds like a busy day LFF. I do hope you don't have a lot of snow this year but you may. I am not looking forward to that stuff at all.

I will work my part time job this morning. The sun is out right now but by noon we may have clouds and some rain moving in.

The relish is done and placed in a big jar in the frig. I decided not to process it for it will be eaten in a short time it is so good.

On the way home later will go to pharmacy for some meds.....this time I need insulin.

Have a good day everyone!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:54 am

@Glad E Olah wrote: I do hope you don't have a lot of snow this year but you may. I am not looking forward to that stuff at all.

A warmer winter is predicted for us. That usually means more snow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:13 pm