SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.....Happy Holidays to all!

What's Going On With Your Day

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by joyous on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello Spice! What part of Canada do you call home?
We live near Lake Erie which makes us a neighbor,
sort of.

Margie, nice that you popped in.

Lightfoot, my hands get very cold. I can bundle up and stay
rather warm, but never my hands.

I did very little today. I'm not sure why.
I visited Little Chuckie. As we played fetch,
I managed to hit his teeth, causing a vein
in my hand to puncture and bleed profusely.
The bleeding is good as it takes out anything
that might be a danger. I washed it with
white soap and water, poured hydrogen peroxide,
patted it dry, applied antibiotic ointment and a
band aid.
I suppose I must stop playing with the big dogs!

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Did take Chipper for a walk on the sidewalk here by the apartments this morning, after I made pancakes and eggs. Took him for a ride this afternoon, to the boardwalk. Came home. Chipper won't eat, but then, he didn't poop either today. I'll take him out again in a few minutes before bed.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 am

Here it is the middle of November- only 2 weeks till I get paid. Fortunately, a check for $20 arrived yesterday- a refund from the renter's insurance I canceled.

Took Chipper out . Came back in, had some smoked sausage w/cheese, watched the news, and now, I'm going to take Chipper for a walk.

Took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. Brought him home, walked him out in the 'pet walk area', and he pooped! Yay! He and I both feel better.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:28 am

I have the same situation, Lightfoot.
My SS comes the 3rd of Dec. and I
had expenses for auto repair. Thankfully,
I have enough to see me through. Long
ago, I concluded that the Lord will see
that my needs are met and anything
beyond is perhaps greed?
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:39 am

@joyous wrote:
I concluded that the Lord will see
that my needs are met and anything
beyond is perhaps greed?

Greed? Or temptation? Depends on where you place the blame.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

My day thus far:

Kohl's had sent me a $5.00 anniversary gift,
a $10.00 card off a purchase of $50.00 and
30% off. I had no need and knew my
youngest needed winter work boots.
He took me there Sunday, found boots for
half the price. I like to keep bills paid, so
this morning I wanted to pay Kohl's. I got
all ready, coat, gloves, etc, looked out at
snow-sprinkles. Not being one to drive in
inclement weather, I hem-hawed, finally
decided to go. I stopped at Krogers to buy
Hellman's mayo for my son because it's on
sale and I had a $ coupon. Also bought him
a large OJ which was on sale and a loaf of
bread which is always $1.99.
I stopped at Circle-K for $10.00 worth of gas,
all I needed to fill the tank. Stopped at the
ATM to replenish my cash. On to the recycle
bins and home. I was glad I ventured out as
the snow stopped and the outing was good
for me. My kids are correct in telling me I
should not give up driving.
We had lunch of Sweet potato soup and left-
over chicken tenders made into sandwiches.
Had my coffee :coffee: and I'm off to see my Gr.doggie.
Hopefully no injuries today! dog
Enjoy this day!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:10 am

Well you got it all sorted Joyous and helped your grandson which is great.
I have to go to the shops later and to pick up a prescription. Otherwise day quiet and will watch TV this evening.
Husband out golfing. he was so well clad he looked like he had put on 50 lbs or so but it is very cold today. 48F.
Have a great day everyone. bearhug
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:36 am

Saturday, and I'm feeling pretty good. Weather won't be too bad. I might get to take Chipper for a walk later.

I'm tempted to make some pancakes and eggs for breakfast again. Have no other plans right now.

Have a good day all!
I get my prescriptions by mail order.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:32 pm

2Anne, isn't it rather nice to have the home all to yourself when Hubby goes out golfing?
For some reason, I enjoy alone time. I might not like it as a steady diet, but the occasional
solitude is quite nice. Probably good for him to get out with his mates as well.

Lightfoot, I wonder if the temp was as acceptable over your way.
42 degrees here I believe. Walking to the mailbox was nice, and
I stopped in to take Little Chuckie for a walk. A run for him, LOL.
Back indoors, naturally we had a game of fetch. Oh, I did give my
son a hug! bearhug

Walking back home, I saw our neighbor, John. He seems to have
accepted that his dear wife is leaving this old world. Phyllis can
no longer get herself up for the potty. A man brought a Hoyer lift
which will make transporting her much easier for him and her.
He will have Hospice coming in beginning tomorrow.
I will miss her so very much, but she is ready to "Go home", to
quote her. :pray: All your prayers are deeply appreciated.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm

@joyous wrote:

Lightfoot, I wonder if the temp was as acceptable over your way.
42 degrees here I believe.
32 here when I took Chipper for a productive walk this morning. 34 when I took him for a walk this afternoon. I'm still wearing walking shorts.
Neighbors across the hall had family over for their Thanksgivingmas, so they brought me a couple of plates with turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, mixed veggies, and a piece each of pumpkin pie and cheesecake. That was very nice. It was my supper! Chipper ate most of the turkey.
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 am

Joyous I do like the solitude when my husband goes to golf. Also he is out Thursday evening for his Rotary meeting and I often phone friends or watch TV that my husband does not like.
I think its healthy for a marriage to have separate interests and support each other. My mother had her own interests out the home but stopped all my fathers hobbies and he was not allowed out except for work.. It taught me a lesson.
Sorry about Phyllis but we should welcome passing when the time comes. Paradise is a much better place and our loved ones will be there and those left join us. I will pray for her for a peaceful, Christ filled passing.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 am

Had trouble sleeping last night. Couldn't get comfortable. Started out in the living room recliner, tried different positions on the daybed, tried the hospital bed. Chipper was watching me all this time.

Finally went to the oversize recliner in the bedroom and started to recline. Chipper came over, as if to ask "Can I come up with you?" I lifted him up and he snuggled in beside me. I leaned back and promptly fell asleep. When I awoke a few hours later, Chipper was not beside me. He'd moved across the armrest to the daybed, and was sleeping soundly.

Today, I'll be heading out to my Mom's for a few hours. Chipper will have to stay home.

Will take him for a walk later.

Have a good day all!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:56 am

Tried the big recliner with Chipper again after breakfast. Neither one of us could sleep. I took Chipper to the boardwalk, and we walked through the riverfront area that's been closed all summer for construction, now that the fencing is gone from the East end of the project. The 30 some parking spaces have been reduced to 8 regular spots, and 3 handicap spots. There's a 20 ft. long fireplace, a large area for food trucks, more benches, a 10 foot wide planter, with edges people can sit on, a public drinking fountain with upper and lower fountains, plus a doggie fountain at the bottom, a small covered seating area at one end, and a 40 foot long splash pad, with recessed fountains. Of course, the water will remain turned off till Spring.

Right now, I'm leaving to go to my Mom's for a few hours. She appreciates the visits from me once a week. She sees my Sister EVERY day!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:03 am

I know the routine, Lightfoot.
I sometimes fall asleep in the recliner.
Other nights, I plan to sleep in the recliner,
but finally have to move to the bed.
I haven't tried the floor since I was a child
and slept under the table with quilts as a
mattress, due to beds being full of adult company.

If the West side of Michigan has snow, I hope
your drive is a safe one, Lightfoot.

I only did the usual load of laundry.
I had planned to stay with Phyllis while John
went to church, but he called off due to a backache.
Bless them both.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:04 am

Praying your drive is a safe one.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Good afternoon all. I have had something on my mind for a long time. I would like to share this with all here. I'm not posting this on Facebook because their is family there. Besides the fact I don't post drama there either. For over 20 or more years this has been going on and we have had enough. Every holiday from Easter to Christmas, my son's go over and have dinner with their dad and step mom. We have asked both of my son's to join us but they say Dad asked first. Jason my youngest son doesn't like his step father John and he needs to get over it. Chris has no problem with John at all. We get to see both my son's this Thanksgiving Day, just to come and visit after they eat at their Dad's and it's short visit. Then Jason takes Chris and his girlfriend Andi home to Mt Pleasant, which is 50 miles from here. We have prayed about this for many years and asked why this is happening to us but no reply yet. So the holidays here , especially Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter this is what we have to look forward to.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Margie, it's a rare divorce in which nobody gets hurt.
While my former husband was alive, we remained as
friends, mainly for our children. Also from mutual respect.
I'm deeply sad that your sons aren't spending time
with you, but if you have given it your best effort, the
ball is in their court. You can do only your part.
:pray:
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Let it go, Margie. Let them wonder why you're not contacting them.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Was at my Mom's for about 4 hours today. We talked for probably half an hour. The rest of the time, my Sister and I worked on putting up Christmas lights and decorations. Also helped my Mom, as she worked on decorations in the living room.

Came home, took Chipper out for a bit, till he came back to the door.Put burgers on my George Foreman grill, and after a couple of minutes, it quit working. Obviously, I couldn't refreeze the burger patties, so I finished 'grilling' them in my electric skillet. Still temped them out though. Wouldn't want my little dog to get sick.

After supper, Chipper barked that sharp bark at me, so I took him outside again, and he promptly produced a good excretion. He's such a good dog!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:10 am

Mornin' all! Chipper had me up 3 times during the night. Something didn't agree with his stomach.

Have no plans other than to take Chipper to the boardwalk, and take a Social Security envelope I received to the office here to see if the person lives here. If not, I'll take it to the Post office rather than just mark it return to sender and put it in the mail. It might be important!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:58 am

Sorry for you Margie. Families can be very hurtful- sometimes due to just not thinking.
Im not as close to my daughter as I would like to be. She is difficult and will only talk about her job. She doesnt seem interested in anything else which is sad.
Hope you all have a nice day.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 am

Good morning everyone.

Not the best today but hanging in there.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:14 am

Lightfoot, your mom is blessed to have children who decorate her place for Christmas.
I have slowly stopped bothering. We celebrate at the son's house which is biggest and
wife enjoys having us. They have no children and like sharing their home with family.
I used to put evergreen roping around the porch rail. Now I just hang a wreath on the
door.

Glad, are you feeling ok?

2Anne, I think moms and daughters perhaps have to work at an adult relationship.
I may be wrong, but it seems the mom/daughter relationship may a bit more adversarial
than that with sons. I began a closer bond with my daughter when I realized that I wasn't
thinking of her as an adult, but still as my little girl. We do have a strong bond, however
long it took. The four sons just seem easier. It could be that I always enjoyed male conversation
more than female's. That's from my childhood. I found males to hold more interesting talks.
The women talked about babies, cooking, gardens, doing laundry, etc.
As an adult, I learned that there were females who held the same interest as males and I
began enjoying female friendship.
OOPS! I have been carried away with my own thoughts! zip it
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:47 am

It's good that you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with us, joyous. As friends, we listen, and are happy to share.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 am

Mornin' all! Today's only Tuesday? I sure don't feel ambitious today. Chipper had me up at 4:00 this morning. Couldn't get back to sleep, but I think I can now. Good night!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:34 pm

An early call from neighbor John had me dressing
in a flash so we could go to help him get Phyllis
back into bed.
Home again, I showered, shampooed, ate lunch of
leftover pizza.
I walked around to fetch the mail. Not feeling full
of vim and vigor, I didn't visit my little grand-doggie.
He probably missed me. I took some magazines, parked
myself on the bed where sunshine fell and relaxed. I
do feel a bit sad that I didn't visit him today.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:07 pm

@joyous wrote:. I
do feel a bit sad that I didn't visit him today.

He'll be that much more excited to see you next time!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 am

I had about 6 hours sleep, interrupted halfway through but a cute little dog who wanted to go outside. Made pancakes with some flour, a couple of eggs and milk (I don't measure.). Stirred to a good consistency. Will take Chipper out again in a few.

Ordered a couple of George Foreman grilles yesterday- a small one for my Mom, and a midsize for me. (My old one died, and I need one for Chipper's bacon cheeseburgers.) I also joined Amazon Prime. Will see how that works. I might do laundry too

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:06 am

Lightfoot, we have Amazon prime. Great for movies and TV series.
I have a bit of fight with my conscience due to whatisname Bezos?
being filthy rich and just questions.
Today is quiet, no calls unlike yesterday.
I will soon see the wee doggie! He is growing so fast and looking
absolutely regal!
P.S. Lightfoot, we have a Foreman grill tucked away in a shed, unless
it went out with the last cleanout. I bought a small one years ago for making grilled sandwiches for a patient. It worked really well for that purpose.

Last edited by joyous on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding words)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Thank you, joyous.
I don't know enough about Jeff Bezos to form an opinion. He's done a lot of good since founding Amazon, and I understand the frustration people have with Amazon- not unlike the feelings about Walmart, and their effect on small businesses, but this is one of the results of capitalism.

I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk this morning. Crews are putting the final touches on the 20 foot long fireplace, and testing the vents in the cement of the splashpad.
We went over to Shopko (Allegan's answer to walmart), where
I bought a watch to replace the one that is all corroded from my toxic perspiration, and a vaporizer to put some humidity in here ( 27% here in the apartment). Save a Lot was the next stop. I got the last Bacon and cheddar patties that Chipper likes. Told the manager (He was stocking shelves in that aisle.), and he told me that they were a one-time buy, and no more were expected. Said he'd check and see if he could find more, because he knows I get those for my little pup.
After I took my purchases to my car, I brought my cart back in, put it with the other carts, turned to go to the door, caught my foot on a ruffle on the edge of the carpet mat, and 'fall down go boom'. Felt like it was happening in slow motion, and I couldn't stop it. Knocked over a metal stand with sale flyers. In an instant, 5 or 6 people were there. The cashier told me to stay there, so I got up, brushed myself off and waited for my scolding. The managers came over and asked if I was okay. I was more embarrasses than anything. Came home from there.
Chipper is woofing at me. Taking him outside.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 am

Mornin' all! Happy Thanksgiving! We should be thankful for the gift of each day. That's why each day is called the present.

Will be heading out to a Bob Evans' Restaurant in Holland this afternoon for their Thanksgiving special, same as we did last year. I think I'll opt for something other than turkey though.
Have a good day all!
2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by 2Anne on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Busy day. Mother in law was 98 so we all went out to lunch. I feel she is getting more frail both physically and mentally. My brother in law came over from Portugal where he lives for the day and is a bit demanding with her.
We had a lovely lunch out and then a cake at home which though shop bought was very pretty and tasted OK. Looked like a bouquet of roses.
Husband pulled his back at golf-thinks its a slipped disc but its gone back and he just feels sore.
He's out at Rotary tonight so I have a quiet evening and watch my favorite TV- My 600lbs life.
Best wishes to all and hope you all enjoyed a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. :pray: bearhug Thanks2
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:48 pm

We went to Bob Evans'. For 14.99 each, we each had one main course (choice of Turkey with stuffing, a thick slice of ham, or country fried steak), 3 sides (choice of green beans with ham, mashed potatoes with gravy, whole kernel corn, cole slaw, or carrots), choice of bread (biscuits, rolls, or banana bread), and a dessert (pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie supreme, or double crust apple pie). We also had a choice of beverage included.
Then, to top it all off, my Mom paid for mine!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Wow LFF that sounds like a great meal.

Daughter had to work today but the grands were here. They helped me with the meal as much as they could. I am tired but it was a good day. They took home food to their mom.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:15 am

Turned in about 11:00 last night. Chipper had me up to go outside at about 1:30 this morning. He pawed at me to lift him up in the recliner with me at 4 a.m., wanted down at 5, pawed at me to take him outside at 6, so I got up, donned my jacket, shoes, and hat with the light on the brim, put the harness on Chipper, hooked him up to his leash, checked my pockets to be sure I had keys and doggie bags, and then took Chipper outside to sniff around, and pee a few times.
He headed back to the door, so we went back inside, and Chipper is sleeping by my feet, under the desk.
Might take a nap later. Hoping to stay inside till my George Foreman grilles are delivered today. Then, will take Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. Have nothing else planned.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 pm

#1: Lightfoot, I waited until I read all your posts before asking if you have soreness from the fall. I'm sorry you fell because I understand the embarrassment, but I was more concerned about any injury.
See how good moms are! Paying for your dinner at Bob Evans, such a dear mom.

2Anne, the very fact that your mom in law can still go out to eat is amazing. My mom in law was like that. Still strong at 98, just her hearing was failing and her eyesight not so good. She would have easily reached 100 had she not fallen, breaking a hip.

Glad, yes it is tiring to cook, but so rewarding. We're blessed to still have families.

I went, along with my daughter, youngest son, a granddaughter and a grandson, to the home of friends. The man spent time at our house when they were all teenagers, He wasn't home yesterday due to his job keeping him in Massachusetts. However his wife, her daughters, his children and grandchildren, relatives, a vast variety of friends filled the house. The wife, (Bobbie) is an excellent cook. They raise their own turkeys and it was cooked to perfection. She gave me the carcass /we use it as a base for soup. I didn't overeat. Bobbie bakes pies from scratch, a Blueberry pie especially for my birthday. I had no room for any, but brought a big slice home for today. Cold as kraut, (Beccie will understand), but a wonderful day. "Himself" went to his daughter's for his Thanksgiving. She sent him home with enough food for two meals for each of us.

Today we went to an assisted facility and picked up a few bales of hay and some potted Mums. The hay bales we chopped to use as mulch for the garden.
Now time to visit my grand doggie. dog Thanks3
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:46 pm

Had to wait around for my Amazon package till about noon, when it arrived. Then, I took Chipper for a 'productive' walk on the boardwalk. Went over to Save a Lot. One of the managers was there, so I walked in, hunched over and limping, with a cane. His eyes got really big, till I told him " the extent I'll go to for a joke!", and that I was fine, having no ill effects from my fall there earlier in the week.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:46 am

Mornin' all! Today is yesterday's future. to use a line from The Stylistics' 'Have you seen her?", "For me, it's just another day.". Now, you'll have that song running through your head all day. You're welcome.

Was up at 5:30 this morning. Took Chipper out. Last time he was out was 12:30 this morning. Have no big plans today, other than to take Chipper for a walk, and maybe put my tree up....

Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:57 am

bearwl

2lol Honestly Lightfoot!
The poor manager must thought,
"There goes my job!"
You are a practical joker and
remind me of my dearly departed
brother in law.

I'm a bit tired, although I slept well.
Our neighbor needed meds from CVS,
for Phyllis. It was dark and he couldn't
find his glasses. WE searched to no avail.
Finally "Himself" and I went to CVS, got
the meds. I stayed long enough to wash
most of the accumulated dishes, talked
to Phyllis awhile and came home.
This morning, all I have done is eat and
play on this PC.
last evening
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Hello all. I'm back, did you miss me? Had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We ordered our dinner from Knights of Columbus on Wed, by the way it was free. Since it was just John and myself again this Thanksgiving I wasn't in the mood to cook. I wanted the day off and got it. LOL!!!! Then in the afternoon both my son's Jason and Chris showed up to visit us. Chris had his fianc Andi with him. They stayed for about a hour and a half had a good time and took some pictures before they left. Since Chris and Adni live in Mt Pleasant and don't have a car, Jason took them home and I went along for the ride. John wasn't feeling good so stayed home. Had a great time and it was good to see my family again. Got my check for doing the Election yesterday and went to get a few things at the store today. We're under a Winter Storm Watch here, they say Blizzard warnings. They're saying anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of snow. We haven't had that much snow in a few years. I told my husband John that one day we will get it. We shall see.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 pm

Hello all. I'm back, did you miss me? Had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. We ordered our dinner from Knights of Columbus on Wed, by the way it was free. Since it was just John and myself again this Thanksgiving I wasn't in the mood to cook. I wanted the day off and got it. LOL!!!! Then in the afternoon both my son's Jason and Chris showed up to visit us. Chris had his fianc Andi with him. They stayed for about a hour and a half had a good time and took some pictures before they left. Since Chris and Adni live in Mt Pleasant and don't have a car, Jason took them home and I went along for the ride. John wasn't feeling good so stayed home. Had a great time and it was good to see my family again. Got my check for doing the Election yesterday and went to get a few things at the store today. We're under a Winter Storm Watch here, they say Blizzard warnings. They're saying anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of snow. We haven't had that much snow in a few years. I told my husband John that one day we will get it. We shall see.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:52 am

Mornin' all! Chipper had me up at 2 this morning. Was my own fault. I'd taken him out at 9:30 last night, so didn't take him out before bed- instead told him to let me know if he had to go out later.

Will have to stock up on a few things today, when I'm out with Chipper, as 8 to 12 inches of snow is predicted for us tonight through tomorrow. Not going to my Mom's today, as we don't know when the snow will hit us. I felt a lot safer driving in that full size van over the years than I do in this little Dodge Dart.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:06 am

Margie, I'm just SO happy for you! I know you must have been overjoyed
to have both sons visit, and to take the ride Jason a good outing for you.

A neighbor had Thanksgiving dinner delivered by Meals on Wheels. He
isn't signed up with them, but a lady called with two meals, wrong number.
However upon learning that Phyllis is fighting cancer, she said she would bring
the meals. When she got there, John learned that she had driven from Gratiot
all the way to Flat Rock. Such an act of kindness.

Lightfoot, please, do not venture out in your little car, if you get all that snow!
Make sure to have sufficient food in and stay safe.

I hope our Glad is missing due to being in church.
I did laundry, showered, had turkey noodle soup,
and I may visit my daughter,
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:44 pm

Took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk, and through town. Saw a couple clearing leaves by their storefront. Talked with them, as Chipper wanted to go over and get petted. The lady told me that she often saw Chipper and me, as we walked the boardwalk. I mistakenly replied "Every day!".

Actually, I've taken Chipper to the sports complex, Jaycee park, Van Raalte Park in Holland, North Side park in Otsego, the riverfront in Otsego, West Side Park in Fennville, and other parks that were smaller, thereby not allowing for long walks, but most of the time to the boardwalk here in Allegan.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:29 am

We have a good 4+ inches of white stuff out there, so I have no plans for today yet. Took Chipper out at 5. Had pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Got my tree up last night.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am

Lightfoot, the "White stuff" is falling and melting as I type.
We have a metal roof and the melting snow, falling from
the tall tree sounds, Plop! Plop!

I washed the whites. Washed some fresh Raspberries,
Blackberries, and grapes for munching on. We will have
a large salad and a small bowl of Turkey noodle soup for
lunch.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:52 am

Took Chipper for a little walk, through the parking lots to the road and back. Wore my walking shorts as usual, but we had to turn back as the sidewalks are not plowed, and the snow in them is over the tops of my boots. The maintenance guy was shoveling the walks in our complex, and the so his shovel, so I had him come inside and I let him use my cooking spray in the shovel. It's a butter and cooking spray, but it should work. A good corn oil or canola spray would probably be better but that's all I had. He said the snow slides right off instead of sticking.
Chipper didn't seem to mind coming in.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 am

Today is looking good. A little snow is predicted, but nothing like the stuff we've gotten since Sunday night. Took Chipper out at 5. Came back in and laid back in the big recliner with Chipper. Next thing I knew, it was 3 hours later, and Chipper was sleeping on the day bed next to me.
Got up and took my vitals and there was a knock at the door. Guy next door was checking on me because he didn't recall seeing me for a couple of days. Chipper went into the hallway to say hi and get petted- then promptly rolled over to get a belly rub.
Cut up some strawberries and put them in my Cheerios this morning- tastes pretty good!
Hope to take Chipper out later, and get some burger later to grille for him.
Have a good day all!
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:51 pm

Lightfoot, you amaze me with your Winter attire!
Temp in 30s and you in shorts? Outdoors?

Yesterday afternoon was spent sitting with Phyllis
while John went supposedly to have soup with his
brother in law. The brother in law's daughter and
her husband came knocking on the door with the
food, said they had waited for Uncle John and decided
to bring the food to him. It was nearing sundown.
I told Phyllis she best call him. He was at Walmart,
said there were SO many people, etc. He is easily
the most scattered person I have ever known.
I missed my second visit with my little Gr.doggie.
Mondays are usually two visits due to son's work
schedule.
I did manage a good thing for Phyllis, a foot massage,
which she totally enjoyed.

Today has been mostly a lazy day. My son is home,
but I stopped in to visit my Gr.doggie. dog
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:12 pm

@joyous wrote:Lightfoot, you amaze me with your Winter attire!
Temp in 30s and you in shorts? Outdoors?

Temperature was 29 when I cleared off my car, shoveled the snow that the plow guy couldn't reach around my car, and took Chipper to the boardwalk this morning. I had thought the city didn't clear snow off the boardwalk, but they cleared the snow on the riverfront by the zipline, splashpad, fireplace, and stage, along with the adjoining boardwalk. The portion of the boardwalk across the cove by the library, however, does not get cleared, as there's water on both sides.
After we walked on the boardwalk, I drove over to Save a Lot for some stuff.
Cashier Barb there asked me "Aren't you cold in those shorts?" Told her "Nah!"
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Makes me freeze just thinking about shorts in winter!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 am

Looks like winter outside. Light fluffy snow on the ground was very inviting to Chipper this morning, as he rooted his nose through it.
Was up at 4 this morning, after about 4 hours sleep, so I may just take a nap in a bit, after I get things caught up here on my computer.
Have no plans for today. I read that making plans could be a bad thing. Then that word 'premeditated' gets thrown around in the courtroom. 2lol Maybe I'll be like a bird today, and just 'wing it'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:43 pm