What's Going On With Your Day

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

What's Going On With Your Day - Page 16 Empty Re: What's Going On With Your Day

Post by joyous on Mon May 06, 2019 4:47 pm

Were you also tired, LFF?

After winter's ability to keep me inside too much,
I appreciate being outside and digging into soil.

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Mon May 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Maybe a little tired. Right now, I'm going to try to set up a smart plug.

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Tue May 07, 2019 7:08 am

My smart plug was easy to set up. The plug and Alexa found each other and connected. Now, instead of getting up, moving Chipper if necessary, reaching over my printer, and turning the knob on my corner light (3 times to turn off the 3 way light), I just ask Alexa to turn it on or off.
Took Chipper out at 2 this morning. He tried to get me up again at 4, but I ignored him, and he laid down again. Took him out in the rain at 7:00.
Today, I'll be taking Dawn to a noon meeting. If the rain has stopped, I may take Chipper for a walk.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Wed May 08, 2019 6:39 am

Here we go, trudging through May 8. Eliza posted a Winston Churchill quote on the Country Depot. "If you're going through Hell, keep going" Sounds like good advice.
Was voting day in our area yesterday, and looks like all the millages passed. In the school district where I used to live, North of Holland, a 97 million dollar bond proposal passed by 51% to 49%, 3180 votes to 3069. Betcha there are a few people who are sorry they didn't vote.
Have no plans here this morning. Might take a shower and wash my hair...
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Wed May 08, 2019 11:33 am

Whatever a Smart plug is, I must need one.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am

About my day thus far:

Coffee and citrus.
Planted two rows of Blue Lake bush beans, three Cherokee Purple tomato seeds, took up and replanted three volunteer Sunflowers, watched as three male Mallards mated (at least one was successful)with a female Mallard. Two followed her as she flew away. One remained, sulking, on a neighbor's roof.
Showered and shampooed this mop of hair. Lunch of Chicken noodle soup(homemade), baked Sweet potato and just finished noon coffee. I will now visit my fav. canine. dog
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Wed May 08, 2019 11:51 am

I don't have a smart phone, so I can only control mine by talking to Alexa, but here's an explanation:
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/what-is-a-smart-plug/
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am

No big plans here, as I expect this rain to last most of the day.  Took Chipper for a long walk in uncharted territory yesterday (Walked a route we've never walked before.).

Chipper discovered lots of new smells! I got to see the other side of the Catholic Church here, and discovered a Children's Advocate building I never knew was in Allegan!
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 pm

In the mail, we received a chart of all Festivals this summer in Michigan. There was one for Allegan. I already forgot what type festival, but I'm sure you know.
We will have the usual Riverfest or Blast or whatever here in Flat Rock.

Now, about my day. ? It's almost over and becoming dimmer by the minute. glbs
Seriously, we went to a church rummage sale early. I managed to find one item I could use, a Jones of New York top, white, which I like because it can be worn with anything. They had lots of stuff, but age seems to make me desire less stuff.
While looking into the cupboard beneath the kitchen sink, I discovered it needed cleaning desperately. I also discovered that there was NO WAY I could reach into the back part because we have a trashbag thingy attached to the inside of the door. Convenient, but it had to be removed. We have enough cleaning supplies to open a $Tree and enough glass canning jars for several people. Some are now gone and the cupboards are clean.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Thu May 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Bridgefest is probably what you're thinking of, joyous.
Went to a birthday party for a dog this afternoon. She loves unwrapping gifts!
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 10, 2019 8:06 am

Here we go again.
Today is May 10.
Seems like only yesterday
it was the ninth of May.
Temps here won't be real hot.
I'll try to get a pneumonia shot
And to show I'm not just talk,
I should take Chipper for a walk.
I have nothing else planned,
so for now, that's where I stand.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Took Chipper for a nice walk. Checked on my pneumonia shot, and I've already had the first one, the Prevnar 13. Next one, the Prevnar 23, is due in September. I'm still on the list for the new Shingles vaccine.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Fri May 10, 2019 1:48 pm

Good afternoon all. Sorry I haven't been around for a while ... Got good news about John's doctor's appointment at the heart doctor. It went well, he will still have the same aches and pains he has had since his surgery back in July of 2015. In the meantime his EKG, blood work and blood pressure were very good. Will have a echo gram in June to see if their is anything going on there. After that he won't have to go back to the doctor till next year. Amen to that.
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Good afternoon all. Sorry I haven't been around for a while ... Got good news about John's doctor's appointment at the heart doctor. It went well, he will still have the same aches and pains he has had since his surgery back in July of 2015. In the meantime his EKG, blood work and blood pressure were very good. Will have a echo gram in June to see if their is anything going on there. After that he won't have to go back to the doctor till next year. Amen to that. bearhug
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Glad to hear it Margie!
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Cute poem, LFF.

Margie, so glad to have a post from you and with good news regarding John.
I feel I have already mentioned my day.
Two loads of laundry. A Sub-sale. Visited my doggie.
Not much else.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 am

My ankle is about the same, but my spirits are better this morning. Dawn always hangs her coat on the back of a chair at the table, where I go to put ice in Chipper's water (Which he really seems to like), and her coat has there tie strings on the bottom, which have these knobbies on the ends. I've stepped on those knobbies before, but this time I twisted my foot, injuring my ankle. Now, I've hung her coat on the coat tree by the door. Wish I'd asked her to do that earlier!
We might forego a walk today.....

lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 am

:coffee:
dog Poor Chipper. Maybe Dawn can walk him?
I believe it's Epsom salts in warm water
that you soak in?

I have done very little today. My oldest son wishes me to visit them today and his siblings can have me tomorrow.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sat May 11, 2019 9:47 am

I will be going early tomorrow for Mother's Day breakfast. Therefore,
To all moms here.

Happy Mother's Day!
smwrr
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sat May 11, 2019 10:20 am

Dawn took Chipper out last night after supper. She can't stray too far from our facilities.
I took Chipper out before bed. Then took him out at 2 this morning, and again at 7. Took him out a few minutes ago again, but I used my cane. The cane helps a lot!
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Sat May 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Good afternoon. It's chilly here and been raining off and on today. Good news my youngest son Jason ran the race for Breast Cancer here , for his age group and won first place. It was at the Great Ottumwa Park this morning. I didn't go I wished I would have but to much walking for me. Plus my left hip was bothering me and still is. For Every Mom here Happy Mother's day tomorrow.
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Mon May 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Margie, thank you and I hope your Mother's Day was happy.
How nice for Jason.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Mon May 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Spent most of the day at the E.R., with Dawn. She can't find anyone who can help her with her frequent urination urges. Has an appointment with another urologist on 6-3.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Is this a recent occurrence?
If she has a Primary Care Physician, shouldn't he/she be on top of the problem?
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Mon May 13, 2019 8:39 pm

Been going on since last year, so the temporal lobe surgery didn't do it. It's just gotten worse lately. Her primary care doctor tried her on some pills. Sent her to a urologist who recommended trying to hold it. A gynecologist tried some more pills. Now she's waiting to see a different urologist here in Allegan.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Tue May 14, 2019 7:12 am

Chipper had me up at 3 this morning. Just got back from taking him out for a little walk at 7:30. Seemed to enjoy the cool morning air.
Don't have a lot of plans today. Expecting 2 packages from Amazon today- new Echo Dots for my Mom and Sister, and a shoe rack I'll have to assemble. Free 2 day delivery makes it so much more convenient than driving 15 to 25 miles to a store and pay through the nose for things.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Wed May 15, 2019 6:50 am

Should be a decent day here today. Will be taking two Alexas out to my Mom and Sister's today. Will try again to figure out my Mom's smart plug.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Wed May 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Well, we spent a good hour and a half, trying to sync that smart plug with my Mom's Alexa.I thought sure we had it. If need be, I can use them here with my Echo Dot, but I bought another Echo Dot we can try at my Mom's yet, or as a last resort, I guess we can call Amazon.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Goodness LFF, Alexa sure gets around!

My day was largely spent gardening.
Went to Meijer, visited the wee dog,
Tomorrow we will go to City garage
sales. Then set out some pepper
plants.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Thu May 16, 2019 6:08 am

I remember seeing a video of the woman who does the voice of Alexa, but I can't find it.
Going to be a lovely day here. I'm thinking of going to Save a Lot in Holland, or maybe get a haircut in Plainwell....
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Thu May 16, 2019 8:00 pm

I thought this was the day for city-wide sub-sales
in Woodhaven.
Turns out it begins tomorrow.
We went to Block's garden center, bought
a flat of Blue Lake bush beans which had to be repotted for planting later. Also dug dirt into potato plants. Replanted a few cucumbers.
I visited my gr.doggie.
I hope each of you had as nice a day.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Thu May 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Went to Save a Lot in Holland. Got everything on the list but except hamburger. When I take Dawn to her appointment tomorrow, I may get a haircut, if I have time.
I just finished watching the final Big Bang Theory episode. I'm quite drained emotionally right now.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 am

I'm feeling a bittah bettah this morning, to use a term from the British Austin Powers. I'm sure The Big Band Theory will be in syndication for years to come. I got over the cancellation of Bonanza, so I'm sure I'll get over this. I've already had mood-enhancing cookies this morning.
Today, I'll be taking Dawn to see an oral surgeon, and while she sees him, I think I'll try to get a haircut, if Quick Clips is not too busy...
My Sister wants me to come out to her house to start setting up tables and such for her Memorial Day Weekend garage sale. I'll see what happens.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm

What type series is "Big Bang Theory"?
I hate it when I really get involved in a series and , BINGO, it ceases. I was deeply in love with everyone in "Last of the Summer Wine". The cast was like family, or neighbors. Especially the three main characters, three slightly old men who wandered about in Holmfirth, Yorkshire England and wandered the hills, getting into trouble with their shenanigans. It fell from my joy when the favorite actor died and his son was written as the character's son. It just wasn't the same. I continued to watch for a few seasons, but finally gave it up.
My day has been a bit busy. Two loads of laundry, a few Subdivision sales. I bought a pair of jeans and a top. "Himself" bought a "Hello Kitty" convertible for his great granddaughter. It's run by battery. She will celebrate her first birthday in June. Those cars cost nearly $300.00 new. The one he got was much lower priced and only requires a wash and shine to look new.
I did a little garden work, vacuumed, visited my wee doggie. We drove out in the country to pick up a load of busted concrete pieces which we will use to shore up the creek bank. The last torrential rainfall washed a lot of it out and our garden is in danger of disappearing.
After a shower, I'm here checking up on my favorite Shouters!
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 17, 2019 3:27 pm

From pagdesign.co.uk, The Big Bang Theory is a comedy series about four young scientists who know all about the world of physics, and one girl, who gives the physics world a real spin.

Leonard Hofstadter is a smart guy who tries his best to complete his research and become famous for his work while also attempting to be the most socially-interacting guy in their friend group. Sheldon Cooper is one of the world's smartest men with an intellectual capacity through the roof and a language with scientific words normal people only have one comment to ('What-). Howard Wolowitz is an engineer with his mind partially on science, but mostly on women. He always tries his best to impress a girl and get his share of sexual intercourses, but he always manages to screw up somehow, probably with his bad knowledge of treating women in a bad matter. Rajesh Koothrappali is an Indian scientist performing experiments on black holes, outer space, life on other planets and not to mention string theory. Raj is mostly known for his Selective Mutism, in other words, his fear of speaking to women, making social interaction difficult for him. Finally, there's Penny.

Penny is the gorgeous girl next-door to Leonard and Sheldon's apartment, and though she does not have any knowledge in physics or science, she makes success by being a funny character frequently having hilarious comments and on- and off-going relationships.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:44 pm

John and myself went to the doctor today. We are doing much better now. Just didn't ask questions about new medicine I was taking and have to take my allergy medicine every night before bedtime now. John has to drink more water and watch what he eats. But we both lost some weight to. Our blood pressure was good to. So now we just need more rest that's it.
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:45 pm

John and myself went to the doctor today. We are doing much better now. Just didn't ask questions about new medicine I was taking and have to take my allergy medicine every night before bedtime now. John has to drink more water and watch what he eats. But we both lost some weight to. Our blood pressure was good to. So now we just need more rest that's it.
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 pm

margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

That's a good thing Margie!
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sat May 18, 2019 6:31 am

Gloomy morning here again, but expecting a warm up. I'll be heading out to my Sister's this afternoon for Garage sale set up. Have to put out the sawhorses, plywood, tables, shelving, and clothing rod. Then, we can start setting items out on the tables and racks.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 am

A/C man came out to check things on Thursday and so glad he did. We have had to use it since.

Yesterday I worked out in the garden late afternoon until dusk pulling weeds.

Today will be another hot day....again this year we have gone from cold to hot seems like.

I have baby beans coming on. Happy girl too!

I wrote my May poem on paper need to get it on computer.

Blood sugar is coming down with new meds but having a hard time figuring out how I am going to pay for it. I cut the remaining samples in half to get an extra week.

Well I have covered several threads in this post. Sorry I have not been real active at Shout but active in life in general the past few weeks.
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sat May 18, 2019 4:57 pm

LFF, your comedy actually doesn't sound like my type series, but we each are amused by different types.
I sure would enjoy perusing your mom's and sister's Garage sale.
Margie, do you and John have trouble sleeping? A good might's sleep makes a world of difference.

Glad, I think a kneeling bench would help with the weed pulling and with planting. Mine is a back saver. I hope and pray for your back pain to vanish.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sat May 18, 2019 5:01 pm

I did very little today. I visited my gr;dog and managed to see my daughter, gr.daughter, youngest son, so the day went rather well.
I read that another Islamist training camp was found by the FBI in Macon County Alabama. I'm very uncomfortable with these things in our country.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sat May 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Went to my Sister's. Got the tables set up for the carage sale. Hung up all the clothes, put up tarps to hide non-sale items, brought all the boxes from my Mom's garage, and set items from the boxes on tables and shelves. Need to get a few items from my Mom's garage yet, price some items, and arrange items for display. Will be going there again tomorrow.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Wow LFF you really have been very busy!

Joyous I bought a kneeling bench a few weeks ago and I LOVE it!. Even sit on it when I am not needing to bend.

Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sun May 19, 2019 6:56 am

I bought Mary a bench like that years ago, but I'm the one who used it.
Will be headed over to my Sister's again today. Fortunately, most of our work will be in the garage today. Any outdoor traversing will have to be done, between showers.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sun May 19, 2019 10:54 am

LFF, I hope the rain holds off while the Garage sale is open. I hope your mom and sister make big $$$$$$.

Glad, I hope it was my video explaining/demonstrating how to use the kneeling bench that convinced you to buy one. I honestly doubt that I would have a garden if I didn't have mine.
I'm so happy for the ease it gives you. The handles make getting up from the ground so much quicker and easier.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Sun May 19, 2019 10:57 am

My Day:
Much as usual. A load of laundry.
Some gardening.
A trip to Kohl's because I have a % off which expires after today. The item I wanted is no longer on sale, so back home empty handed.
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm

good evening all. Just finished having supper. Knock on the door it was my youngest son. It was good to see him, didn't stay long but that's okay. Very chilly here only in the 60's and down to 39 tonight. Crazy weather. My sinus's are bothering me today.
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by margie52501 on Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 pm

good evening all. Just finished having supper. Knock on the door it was my youngest son. It was good to see him, didn't stay long but that's okay. Very chilly here only in the 60's and down to 39 tonight. Crazy weather. My sinus's are bothering me today.
:pray:
margie52501
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Back to top Go down

Post by lightfootfan on Sun May 19, 2019 6:47 pm

The garage sale isn't until Friday, but we had to get everything set up today, as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, we have plans.
lightfootfan
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by joyous on Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 am

Nice, Margie!
I hope you're able to clear the sinus trouble.
So much pollen in the air, everyone is suffering
to a degree.

LFF, me, DUH! I should have read your post again.
So good sales next week!
joyous
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum: