SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

If you have stumbled by Shout Around The World please take a few moments to read what is open to guests. There is much more to read once you join our group. And thank you for stopping by!

Tell Us About Your Day

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Tell Us About Your Day

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Doctor who saw me said everything looks good. BP a little high. I told her if she wasn't so pretty, it would have been lower.
Walked Chipper on the boardwalk today, took Dawn to Save a Lot and Family Dollar, having cheeseburgers tonight. Chipper will like that!

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm

Lightfoot, I do believe you're a flirtatious man.
2lol
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm

@joyous wrote:Lightfoot, I do believe you're a flirtatious man.
2lol

Nah.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Well, if your Doctor lady is as cute and petite as my companion's doctor, I can only agree she might raise your B/P . Looking back, his B/P was quite a bit higher than normal when he met her. Naturally he said naught due to the fact I was sitting right there. 2lol
zip it
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone. Today was good, maybe because we were able to get out for a few hours. We both got our haircut and a nice lunch. Surprising what a difference that has made in Barb's mood. And probably mine, too : ). Sweet dreams to all.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:27 am

Sounds great Peanut. Glad ya'll were able to get out for a while.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:31 am

Well Hi there! Looks to be a pleasant day here, albeit a cool one, only warming to 38 by 4 p.m.. I want Dawn to call her primary Doctor's office in Holland when they open to see if they can work her in somewhere to take that staple out of her forehead that was overlooked yesterday, when the nurse in the Neurologist's office took her stitches out.

Other than that, I have no other big plans, except maybe move a clock on a wall, so I can fasten our new coat rack and storage organizer to the wall.

Funny story about this coat rack. I had all the pieces counted for assembly, and when I got to the center assembly of the back supports, I was missing a little nut to complete that assembly. I looked all over, on my desk, file cabinet, crawled around searching the floor for anywhere it could have rolled. Had Dawn searching too. Was about ready to give up, when Dawn asked "Did you look on the window sill?" There it was! Then I realized I'd lost the bolt that the nut went on. So I looked all over again to no avail. Called the maintenance man, Randy, and showed him what I needed, so he went to the maintenance building, and found a bolt and nut that would work. I sat down at my desk, and there, on a black colored area of my mouse pad, was the little black bolt! Randy and I laughed and laughed. Then he helped me finish the assembly.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Peanut, I'm really happy for you and Barbara.

Good work, Lightfoot.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:15 pm

About my day:

The day was going along rather well until,

Snowden's son, posted on Facebook that his mother / our dear friend has left this life. Yes, it was expected. Her death leaves a huge vacancy in so many lives.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Thank you, joyous. I don't go on facebook every day.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Lightfoot, I would like to quit FB, but many friends and relatives live in other states and FB is my connection. Also I post scripture everyday first thing.

I'm glad Snowden's son gave us warning so it didn't hit so hard. I was already missing her.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Joyous, going to miss Snowden very much. She left this world about the same time ISH did two years ago now.

I will move some of her threads to her memorial section in the next few days.

I do need to know her full name and her birthdate (the date may be in her profile I will check) She will go on our Memorial Wall. I know her name is Marianne Hart but do not know her maiden name.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:30 pm

July 15, 1930
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:35 pm

Thanks LFF! I just found that too.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:23 pm

I believe her maiden name was Snowden.
I have forgotten her middle name.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:46 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 am

Had a phone call from my oldest son Chris yesterday. He was in town here with his friend Lee. Lee was getting his taxes done and Chris asked if I could meet up with him on Church street . We would meet at the gas station there. So I drove over there which was on the same side of town we live on. That would be the south side of town, saw him waiting for me and he got into the car and we parked there at the gas station and had a wonderful chat together. Took some pictures of him to. We could only talk about 10 to 15 minutes and then he was going another place with is friend. Lee went to see his mom in town also. But it was great to see my son again. I hope to see him again around Easter time as well. Make my whole day complete.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Margie, I know your feeling. I have four sons and one daughter.
They all live nearby, but seeing them is sporadic. Still, we do
chat on the phone. My youngest lives in my trailer park, but
we don't see each other often. It is comforting to know I can
walk a little way and get a hug.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Visited my Mom today for close to 5 hours. Reminiscing makes the time fly!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:00 am

It is good to have memories to talk about.....brings smiles to a conversation.

Today is Sunday so I am here for a short time then off to church.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:56 am

My day:
One load of laundry
I may go to the $ Tree, if I can't find the sympathy cards I KNOW I have.
I seem to misplace everything I need. I recall preaching to my third son
about putting things, mainly his car keys, in the same place always and
he would know where to find them. It doesn't seem to apply to my misplacing stuff.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 am

Took Dawn to Otsego, went to Save a Lot for a few things, on to Andy's Hardware to buy a shovel (Going to pick up the droppings in the 'pet walk' area.), walked Chipper on the Boardwalk (Had to use a cane today.), then came home.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Found two cards and didn't go to $ Tree.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Happy to hear it, joyous! Were they in the refrigerator?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

If they had been there, I would have found them quickly.
I have a gazillion greeting cards, but managed to find only two Sympathy cards.
I did find the Christmas cards I had intended to send out. Not finding them near Christmas, I bought more. Now I have plenty for 2018, unless I lose them before next December.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Have a good night! yawn2
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 pm

You too, joyous! And tell us where you put the Christmas cards, and we'll try to remember for you! shmrk
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:31 am

Gloomy day, although I like rainy days. Since I have no reason to wander out.
Back at my sons house, hope my sister will be okay. She does have good neighbors who check on her, otherwise I may have stayed. Out of meds so had to get back here.
Hope everyone has a nice start to their week !
What is it about Christmas cards? They seem to hide : )
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:27 am

Snowing here. It's pretty though, especially as I have no plans to get out in it today. No plans for anything really.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Turning cold again.

I am working a bit on our forum for soon to be February.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Looks good! Pink is my favorite color!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm

Awww that's nice!
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:24 pm

I love the background color here. Very bright and colorful my friend. Looking good. Didn't go anywhere today but have a errand to do tomorrow. Suppose to be a bit warmer, in the 40's. Fine with me.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm

I love the background color here. Very bright and colorful my friend. Looking good. Didn't go anywhere today but have a errand to do tomorrow. Suppose to be a bit warmer, in the 40's. Fine with me.
margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by margie52501 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 pm

joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 am

Pink is supposed to calm people.
I appreciate that it softens the damage to my skin which I attribute to aging and gardening in sunlight. Occasionally, I remember to slather on sunscreen and wear a brimmed hat, but usually forget.

Glad, I either missed or forgot about your sister.
What's the problem?

Margie, I'm curious. Why do your posts duplicate themselves ?

OH, topic!

My day:
If I accomplished anything, it eludes me.
I did ramble around on FB, read Snowden's obituary, left a post on her FB timeline.
I was doing dishes and thought of something to tell her and suddenly remembered, I can't.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm

joyous said "thought of something to tell her and suddenly remembered, I can't."

Sadly, that may happen from time to time. I'm happy we had Snowden as long as we did, but she was getting tired and frustrated, and I'm sure, in pain. She's free from all that now. We can strive to be as good a person as she was.
Took Dawn to a meeting, and she'll go to lunch with the girls afterward. Went to Save a Lot and purchased some banananas, couple boxes of cereal, milk, 3 boxes of garlic instant potatoes (love 'em!), 2 containers of cool whip, a box of mini corn dogs, box of mini cheeseburgers, bag of orange chicken, bag of meatballs, and a bag of chicken nuggets. Cost 41.36. Had $43 in my checking account.
Had a bowl of pudding, and will take a nap with Chipper.
Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Peanut on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:09 pm

Nap sounds good but I'll sleep better tonight if I don't.
Was sorry to hear about Snowden, I was not aware of our loss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sun is shining in Ohio, but wind makes it chilly out there. I should get out for grocs, but I guess that isn't going to happen. Everyone is busy.
Hope everyone is having a nice last day of Jan, it went so fast !
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:53 pm

Dawn came home from her gallivanting with the girls, and she wanted to go to walmart for something, so I took her there, but there was no way I was going in. I stayed in the car with Chipper.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:30 pm

I took recycle items to recycle bin, but it was jammed full.
I hope they have replaced the full bin with an empty tomorrow.
I stopped at Kroger for Artisan bread / Whole Grain, I love it!
Also gallon jugs of Arizona tea and some frozen dinners for my son. Let Angel out.
Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Post by Spice on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:17 pm

@lightfootfan wrote:Well Hi there! Looks to be a pleasant day here, albeit a cool one, only warming to 38 by 4 p.m.. I want Dawn to call her primary Doctor's office in Holland when they open to see if they can work her in somewhere to take that staple out of her forehead that was overlooked yesterday, when the nurse in the Neurologist's office took her stitches out.

Other than that, I have no other big plans, except maybe move a clock on a wall, so I can fasten our new coat rack and storage organizer to the wall.

Funny story about this coat rack. I had all the pieces counted for assembly, and when I got to the center assembly of the back supports, I was missing a little nut to complete that assembly. I looked all over, on my desk, file cabinet, crawled around searching the floor for anywhere it could have rolled. Had Dawn searching too. Was about ready to give up, when Dawn asked "Did you look on the window sill?" There it was! Then I realized I'd lost the bolt that the nut went on. So I looked all over again to no avail. Called the maintenance man, Randy, and showed him what I needed, so he went to the maintenance building, and found a bolt and nut that would work. I sat down at my desk, and there, on a black colored area of my mouse pad, was the little black bolt! Randy and I laughed and laughed. Then he helped me finish the assembly.

Oh I do like that LFF. Wish we had a place for something like that. Having a semi busy day and just waiting for the last of the laundry to dry. At least the groundhog is wrong where our weather is concerned. Have a great day everyone.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 pm

My day:

Ironed for my Polish lady.
She will be 101 Feb. 19th.

I finally was able to deposit our recyclables in the huge dumpster available at Township office nearby. I had tried twice before, only to find it jam-packed and some rude people had deposited their stuff on the ground.
I stopped at a corner shop to buy cheese for my son.
Came home to Chicken noodle soup (Homemade).
Let Angel out twice. While she enjoyed the outdoor time, I cleaned a bit in my son's bathroom. (Just accumulated dust on items given to him by friends.)

Last edited by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding words)
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

That coat rack is only 24 inches wide, Spice.
Today, we went to the food pantry in Dorr. The North-South corridor was nasty, limiting speed to 40 to 45 mph. but the East-West roads were decent, so coming home, I drove out of our way a bit, so I could travel South on the expressway, which was pretty clear . Traffic was moving along at 70 to 75 mph there.
Received a package in the mail- had ordered an earring rack, earring backs, and a couple air ferns for Dawn. She seems quite happy with them.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:47 pm

You're a nice guy, Lightfoot.
Did the medical folks take the staple out of Dawn's
surgical site?
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm going to share a movie I have watched twice and thoroughly enjoyed both times.
:Lost For Words" on youtube.

Now I will search out a video to enjoy.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:36 pm

I will look up the movie on youtube Joyous. I have been watching one or two each day on youtube Lifetime movies.

I like the coat rack LFF

Nice to see you Spice. Will visit you soon.

I went to work this morning then came home and made a pot of homemade chili. Sure is good!
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:50 pm

@joyous wrote:You're a nice guy, Lightfoot.
Did the medical folks take the staple out of Dawn's
surgical site?

Thanks! I bought myself something too- a pair of compression socks for 12.99- We'll see if they're any good.
Yes. A nurse practitioner took Dawn's staple out.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:58 pm

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm

I think I've seen that.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm

ISH would have liked it.
joyous
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by joyous on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Yes Glad, that is the one. I have watched it twice.
Such a good movie.

My day:
I went to the bank.
I visited four of my five children.
Short visits, but happy to spend a little time with each and their spouses or children. I didn't see the youngest, but we spoke on the phone. He lives within walking distance.
Also spoke by phone with a niece in Washington state. She revealed test results that she has Parkinsons. She seems to be taking it in stride. A very well balanced woman. Not the best word to use in speaking of Parkinsons as balance becomes an issue.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Dawn left to go to a meeting about 10 this morning. After the meeting, she was going to go see a movie with Fred. Then go over to his house. I warned her not to stay the night, but she's not home yet.....
I took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk today, went to Shopko to buy some Pepsi, came home, changed the light bulb in one of the ceiling fans, which is no easy task, with my balance like it is, cut up some chicken for Chipper, for supper (I get him boneless thighs), ran the dishwasher, took Chipper out again, watched some golf on TV. That pretty well sums up my day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:04 pm