SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

BRINGING FRIENDS TOGETHER AROUND THE WORLD

Glad's Gardening

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad's Gardening

Post by Glad E Olah on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am

Clean up is slowly moving forward in the yard and garden.

One section that did not have borders has now been blocked in ready for next year. It will temporarily hold a few plants over the winter for storage to be planted elsewhere in the yard.

I have cleaned out the little tool storage shed and the flat chest shed that houses odds and ends garden items. The liquid items I have brought into the house to avoid freezing.

My one son is working on the carport area and drive way. We had gravel hauled in so that will be placed soon.

He is also repairing the big shed late hubby used for a rabbit productions. This is where tools are stored and lawnmowers and other yard machines. Son is fixing up the shed with electricity so he can use it for the power saws his dad left him.

Another project will be a basic green house (with plastic covering.....less expensive and can be dismantled when needed). He wants to grow a lot of our veggie plants in this temporary green house.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Re: Glad's Gardening

Post by Glad E Olah on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:54 am

Re-posting a few memories:

Our growing season has just ended in America.  Currently we have not had frost yet in my area but it won't be long.  My garden is in clean up right now....waiting for the frost then my pepper plants will be removed.  I will be able to spread mulch throughout the garden to prepare for next March and the beginning of the 2014 growing season.  

I will post a few of the 2013 garden so you can get a general idea of what I had.

The mulch that will be spread soon

spaghetti squash

another view of spaghetti squash

Kiwi and cucumbers

Lemon cucumbers

Peppers

Okra

German tomatoes and cucumbers

yellow tomatoes

Black berries (they are thornless)

Tomatoes are hidden

Beets and onions and a bit of lettuce

I miss the garden already!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:02 am

Hens of Chickens transplant (3 pictures of this)

url=http://s922.photobucket.com/user/Yemima46/media/All%20Gardens%20and%20Yard%20Years/The%202013%20Garden%20and%20Yard/014-6.jpg.html][/url]

Fall lettuce
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:30 am

Beautiful!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:13 am

Thanks LFF....still lots of mulching to do but probably not today.....going to work my part time job later.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm

We may get frost tonight...if not it won't be long.

I won't have time tomorrow to gather the peppers one more time. If frost stays away I will get them on Monday.
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 pm

About 1/3 of the mulching is completed. Three more wheel barrows this afternoon.
lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by lightfootfan on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Didn't get my mulching done at all, so you're way ahead of me, Glad!
Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Post by Glad E Olah on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:52 pm

The above picture of the lettuce is one wheel barrow load of mulch. I pulled the lettuce up and spaded the dirt then put the mulch down. Did two other sections also.

When I get done I will try to help you with your mulch. (I did say I would try but don't take that to the bank yet.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 pm