SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Heard but Did Not Feel

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty I Heard but Did Not Feel Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:57 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

https://earthquaketrack.com/quakes/2020-03-22-21-59-06-utc-2-3-13

We had a 2.1 earthquake in my area at 5 pm. I was taking a nap and a noise woke me up. Didn't feel anything.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

2I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Didn't feel anything here.

I Heard but Did Not Feel Ezb3oiYI Heard but Did Not Feel Eh91MZ2

3I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:13 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Earthquakes frighten me. I have only felt a tremor many years ago.
Tornados are next I reckon. Fire and floods may be my greatest fear.

Glad, so thankful that you're safe and no damage.

I Heard but Did Not Feel Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

4I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:07 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Agree earthquakes are very scary. Saw a horrible film when I was a kid of the earth opening and swallowing up people. Memory has stayed.
We had a bad one when I lived in Cyprus and the furniture shook and moved around the room.
My son was in a bad one in Seattle and said if the building he was in had not been earthquake proofed they would all have been killed as they were on the sixth floor. The building he was in was a write off. ckn

5I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Oh my goodness, 2-Anne. I only felt a tremor a couple of times.
That was more than I like. Once we were watching the
Johnny Carson Show and we saw the room shift!
Even when there are tornado warnings or high wind,
I begin praying.

6I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Best thing Joyous is prayer against freaks of nature. Sonya lives in Tornado alley in S. Dakota and has scary weather. Once her lounge was flooded by a massive rainstorm and all the carpet was ruined.

7I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:39 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Prayer is very important, and comforting to me in times like that.

8I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:41 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It should be our first resort- prayer. Often it’s the last. As you say LFF it’s very comforting in all the bad times. :pray:

9I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:29 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2_Anne, LFF, I'm always stopping what I'm doing and bowing my head
to appeal to God, for so many things, for my children, and others, His
children. Especially when fierce wind blows. We know He hears every prayer.
I take nothing for granted, yet I just trust that the good LORD will take care
of me. (Thank You, LORD!)

10I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Joyous, God bless you. Prayer is the bread of life.

11I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:24 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne, are you stressed by the lack of freedom
to move about?
It must bother your husband to not see his mother?
I feel the loss of not being able to just get in the car
and drive to see three of my sons. I doubt I would
be pulled over if I did, but I heard that there will be
a huge fine for being out on non essential business.
My youngest son is layed off from a dealership. He
goes each day fishing. it's how he keeps his sanity.
I remind myself, "And this too shall pass,"

12I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:44 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I think the $500 fine here is only for non-essential businesses that are operating, but the fine Could be applied to people too, depending on the arresting agency.

13I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:42 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The stores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens could close and have the drive-thru
for prescriptions only. Anything available there is available at Meijer and Kroger.

14I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:53 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

$500 fine here has been raised to $1000.

15I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:52 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

OH BOY!
I hope the small businesses don't suffer too much.

16I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:37 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

What’s the fine for LFF?

17I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:46 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Joyous it is a bit tedious being in the house but we do have a nice garden. Today the sun has been very hot and I only sat out for 20 mins. My husband is worried about not seeing his mother but he spoke to her on the phone today and yesterday.
I’m sure it must be hard not seeing your sons but I’m seeing my daughter on Facepage with her three month old. She has given us a lot of medical advice.
Yesterday I went into town to collect a prescription and visited two shops. I managed to get toilet paper,what a triumph that was lol! The shops have markings on the floor where you can stand and they are limiting numbers of people in the store. As you say Joyous it will pass.
Best wishes to everyone and stay safe.👍:pray:

18I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:52 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

the $1000 fine is for those found violating our governor's stay-at-home edict. Law enforcement cannot stop you for that, but if they stop you for another violation, they can make inquiries of you to see if you're in violation, and can enforce the order at their discretion.
We went out for gas,(allowed) at 1.55 a gallon, then over to Village Inn Restaurant for omelets(allowed), to Dollar General,(allowed) for mask materials, and to the boardwalk to walk Chipper(allowed). Then came home, for the duration.

19I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2.Anne, as we call it, having Face-time with your daughter is
next best to holding the baby and hugging your daughter.
A neighbor told me he had left a birthday gift on his son's porch
for the grandson's 5th birthday. I suppose we're spoiled with all
the freedom we have enjoyed.
I awoke this morning, angry, but not knowing at whom my anger
should be directed. I'm overly emotional and feel like weeping.
Therefore, I went to Meijer (Allowed), to Farm and Home to see
if they had yellow onions (allowed). They don't have them yet.
Stopped to leave a few items I bought for youngest son.
Later I set out 4 short rows of Red onions.
2.Anne, yes this will pass and the WWII was worse.
Praying each of you stay virus free.

20I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thanks Joyous. Our prayers are with you and yours.

21I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:11 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Being this is Easter weekend. Can't go up to Marshalltown to see my oldest son Chris. It's not safe here in Iowa even. We have 2 cases here and more throughout the state now. So we're staying home this weekend. Both my son's will be at work. I miss them both but will see them soon enough. Pray for all of you in this time of being safe. Also have been in a few earthquakes myself. Once in S. Calif along the coast line. It was early morning and I felt the bed shake and told hubby later on. He say it was probably just the baby moving. Later on the news was on and mentioned the quake. Hubby looked up at the beams and noticed one of the speakers from his stereo set moved and was close to falling down. Then he knew I was telling the truth. Had one in Iowa many years ago to, back in the 80's.

I Heard but Did Not Feel 2v2egez1dx6wY8w

22I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:34 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

23I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:12 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I was in an earthquake when I lived in Cyprus. It was at night and the bed shook and the dresser jumped about. It was brief but a bit scary. I lived to tell the tale though. My son was in one in Seattle and was in a high rise. He said it was very strong and if the building has not been earthquake proof they would all have lost their lives. As it was the building was a write off. I think California and that West coast are on the San Andreas Fault?? :pray:

24I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:25 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne wrote:. I think California and that West coast are on the San Andreas Fault?? :pray:
They don't seem very concerned about 'the big one' coming.

25I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:52 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I watched this recently and an earthquake was mentioned:

Lengthy video but well worth your time if you are interested in these kinds of things.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

26I Heard but Did Not Feel Empty Re: I Heard but Did Not Feel Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:10 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Bedtime here. Maybe I can watch it tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum