SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Living Nightmare..

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Living Nightmare.. Empty My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:34 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

20 years ago i had a good life, i had my hubby, my three dogs, our house, good health, i had everything i ever needed and more, then i was diagnosed with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis at age 64 just 6 years ago...We sold our house and moved 140 miles away to an isolated small group of homes, we then lost our dog number three within just a few months, then two years later i found my hubby dead in his armchair from a heart blockage at age 74...I dealt with everything all by myself, the funeral- cremation locally, the solicitor ( the WILL ) from a distance, the selling of the home, i have moved twice since in the last year...To say i lived a two year nightmare would be an understatement, there were times i just wanted it all to end, i could not deal with things anymore, but i have got through it all, i do not know how but someone up above is taking good care of me....Of course i have left a lot of in-between details out, all the set-backs- pitfalls, etc etc...So in a short few 6 years, i lost two dogs, my house, my hubby, moved 3 times...At this time of writing, i am where i am meant to be, i have also found a good church that look after me...I can laugh now amidst my two and a half years of non-stop crying every day, pining for my old life back...Now i am the only one left and facing a future, however long or short that may be, with a new future i never expected to ever be facing...
Just want to mention, my hubby died on the exact same date i was diagnosed with MS, just 4 years later, also our dog number one died on the exact same date 12 years ago, an Easter Saturday, so you will understand that my mental state is what it is today..

Jackie...

Last edited by jackiehope on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:32 am; edited 6 times in total

My Living Nightmare.. Butter10

2My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:56 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Wow!  Thank you for sharing that, Jackie!  Reminds me of the song, You light up my Life:

Last edited by lightfootfan on Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total

My Living Nightmare.. Ezb3oiYMy Living Nightmare.. Eh91MZ2

3My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:02 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, thank you for reading and for the song...Yes i dont recognise me, my ( new ) life now, oh i am not complaing but it is lonely, i feel so alone, i would give anything to have my " old " life back...Yes one can have church people around you but, when that one person is no longer walking through that door, front door, back door, garage door, back gate anymore, one would give anything to see that again, we so take everything for granted, dont we...If there is one thing i have learnt ( it has come too late for me ) is that to never waste a single day, as we may never get the chance of another day, the next day, and to think before you say something you will later regret saying, as once said, can never be taken back - rectified...I never had the chance to tell my hubby i loved him, nor did i mean some of the hurtful things i said that i didn't mean, now i am tortured by it.....On that fateful morning he had driven our dog number 4 to the pet groomers, where he would have driven back in an hour or two to collect him, he came home, sat down in his armchair, where i found him dead...Within a short time i had police and first responder - ambulances outside, they worked on him for some time but, could not - did not bring him back to me...

Ha ha, do i qualify for the " writers " group..

4My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:18 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Most definitely, Jackie!  That is written VERY well!  I was riveted to my computer reading it!  You make me look back, but realize that we cannot GO back.  We must carry on.  I've lost my Sally in 2002, and my Mary in 2016, both to lung cancer. 
Thank you Jackie.

5My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:51 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LLF...if you dont mind me asking, who was Sally and Mary, wife or daughter i am assuming..

6My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:07 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sally was my beloved.  We never married, but lived together, shared a house, business, and our lives for 7 years.  Mary was one of Sally's younger Sisters.  She'd been close to Sally and me, and she stepped in to help me with our Perennial business when Sally died.  Our love grew, and we lived together for 14 years, until she left the same way Sally did.  Cancer is an ugly disease.

7My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thank you for explaining...I am sorry to hear of your losses...Yes that c*** word is a terrible way to die...i lost both parents to it...my father was 65, i was 37, mother was 61, i was 26 at the time....My mother was 5 years older than father, hence the gaps..

8My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:14 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Jackie, thank you for such a heartwarming personal story.  I am so sorry for what you have had to go through the past 10 years.....some of which I too personally had to deal with in my life.

I am about to go to church but wanted to touch on your thread.....will come back in my afternoon and post more.

I appreciate you so much in SATW!

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

9My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:17 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My Dad, who smoked for 60+ years died at 92 of emphysema,  COPD, and complications.
My Mom, who never smoked is 95, is suffering from Chronic Leukemia and kidney disease.  She fell and flailed around, injuring herself a week ago, is confused, and doesn't remember any of it happening.  I'm going to see her at Rest Haven today.
https://resthaven.org/rehabilitation/

10My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:25 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Safe travels LFF!

11My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thanks Glad!  Won't be till this afternoon, after I take Dawn home.

12My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:19 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Jackie, your life took a turn, it seems, when you were diagnosed with
MS. I wonder, what had life been like before that day? I believe you
said you had no children? Maybe I missed parts, do you have siblings?
How did you meet the man you loved? Had you been employed? What
type of work did your husband do? 
What other people were part of your life?
I'm not well read regarding MS. The two people I have known who
were diagnosed with it say there are good days and bad days. Is
that how you would describe your case?

I think I have been extremely blessed with good health. As an infant 
I had pneumonia, Daddy saved my life with whiskey, something
about heating it in a skillet ? Maybe burning the alcohol away?
I had pneumonia several times, took antibiotics until I began to
get allergic reactions. 
In my 86th year, I believe my best medicine is working in my garden 
and being blessed by the heavenly Father. 
Prayer is my best path through life. I just tell GOD, I cannot handle this.
Please take it from me.

My Living Nightmare.. Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

13My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:33 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Joyous..
...i have the worst kind of MS, Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis just 10% to 15% per cent have this one...There is no cure for MS, mine will just get worse and it has..

" Multiple Sclerosis ( MS ) is a disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord ( central nervous system ) In MS the immune system attacks the protective sheath ( myelin ) that covers nerve fibers and causes communication problems between the brain and the rest of the body "

No it is not having good or bad days but unpredictable days is the way i describe mine..

I have one daughter age 52, one grandson age 32, one great grandson age 6, none have anything to do with me, nor with each other, i shan't go into details...

14My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:13 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So sorry to hear this, Jackie.  You sure are a fighter.

15My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:01 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Jackie, first let me say, you have given me a better explanation
of MS than either of the other ladies have. Both must have a
different type or a less severe case? Both said they have days 
when it isn't bad and then days when they cannot do anything.
I'm thankful to not have it. I wish someone would find a cure.

I cannot imagine not being on great terms with my children, my 
gr.children (5), my daughters in law. If my children and I get 
cross with each other, we make up and laugh.
One day your daughter may be sorry, it may be too late.
Enough (perhaps too much) said,

16My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:30 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thank you so much for sharing your story Jackie.   I have you on my prayer list.  I don't know what it is like to have MS but do know from what I had been told it is not an easy disease but no disease is easy to live with.  I am like Joyous......I am thankful I do not have it however having diabetes is no picnic either. We need to pray for one another.

Today I took my grandson for his monthly appointment.  A young man with a college degree and yet mental illness affects him greatly.  Very smart intellectual but daily living is a struggle.  He may not ever enter the workforce sad to say.  When he was 8 years old his dad committed suicide and that of course plays a part in his now health condition.  Would appreciate continued prayers.

17My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:02 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You've got them, Glad.  What's his first name?

18My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:06 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

His name is Rhylie. And thanks LFF.

19My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:36 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

1: I'm missing Jackie and she still has time to post.

Glad, I know two young men, just past being boys,
whose dad committed suicide when they were little.
With the love and help of family members, both 
have grown into fine young men. I'm not certain 
whether or not they had counseling.  :pray: that GOD will 
bless Rylie with wisdom and the knowledge that some 
people find life too difficult to face, that they are still 
good people, that it isn't the fault of anyone. 
The love that you are giving him will be a great help
in making his life easier.

20My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sorry to hear about your MS Jackie. Very hard for you to cope with. God bless.
Sorry to hear about Rhylie Glad, both he and Jackie are in my prayers.

21My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:22 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It must play on Rhylie's mind of the incident of his fathers suicide, no matter how many yers ago...
...GladEOlah, was his father your son, or stepson, this must also have affected you too...

I had a childhood friend who committed suicide when in our 20's -30's..

22My Living Nightmare.. Empty Re: My Living Nightmare.. Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:32 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I don't know if we're meant to continue this topic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum