SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did you learn at Church this week?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What did you learn at Church this week? Empty What did you learn at Church this week? Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:22 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

On Sunday I went to the Grace Church in a nearby village. I used to go fifteen years ago and went to the Methodist in town. Last year the Methodist Conference in the uk approved same sex marriage, this contradicts the Bible and mocks God. After this and the lockdown I haven’t been back. I’m looking for a new church. 
The Grace church made me welcome and the preaching was Bible based but there were a lot of modern hymns that I don’t much like. Can’t go this week as daughter and grandson coming for lunch. It would be interesting to hear Shouters experiences

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I miss the old hymns.

What did you learn at Church this week? Ezb3oiYWhat did you learn at Church this week? Eh91MZ2

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So do I LFF, they are beautiful both the music and words.

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I learnt Thursday, or rather i was asked Thursday, if i would like to do a bible church reading on Sunday ( tomorrow,) i said yes..:bible:

Ah yes, hymns, i dont know many of our Baptist church hymns, i prefer the hymns we grew up with, the traditional hymns we were taught when at school...

What did you learn at Church this week? Butter10

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Your church sounds very good Jackie with lunch Club etc. I like the Baptist church but our nearest one is a fifteen mile drive away. Does your church offer healing?

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne, mental healing yes, we have two church community nurses that work within our four churches catchment area..one comes to my home for an hour each time...

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

That is excellent Jackie but I meant the laying on of hands and driving out demons as Christ directed. I have recently seen a very good utube on this where it is being done on the streets of Australia. 
I am impressed with what you have said about your church Jackie.

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I-we, learnt today ( this was kept quiet from us ) that our lovely and very popular female minister is soon taking a step up in a new church related post, after the man who is currently doing this post is soon to retire after many years in this post...Her new soon to be role is Regional Minister Team Leader, she will be sorely missed by all..

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I wish her well, Jackie.  I'm sure her replacement will do well too.

What did you learn at Church this week? Ezb3oiYWhat did you learn at Church this week? Eh91MZ2

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I just started reading this thread.  Thank you so much 2 Anne for starting it.

Today was an unusual day at church.  Don't know what was wrong with me for I didn't get much out of the message.  I think it was because I was tired from not sleeping enough but at least I went and made the effort.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I didn't go to church, but I did search scripture.
I learned that 2 Peter is filled with information
concerning the end times.

What did you learn at Church this week? Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Joyous I don't believe one must attend church to get in touch with God.  I do enjoy worshiping with my church people but there are times we need to stay home.  God is not the building but the people and we can worship Him anytime and any place in my opinion.

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF...
...two ( one is moving home ) of our Ministers are actually leaving our church April-May and one ( youth minister ) is coming back after being off for a few months on sabbatical leave due to his wife's illness, so no replacements on the two that are soon to leave us..

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

That’s a pity Jackie, I hope you get some good people to replace those that are leaving, your church and facilities sound very good.
This week in the Grace church they talked about getting peace from forgiveness, very good advice, and in a book I’m reading a doctor says that he believes harbouring ill will and hate causes cancer and all manner of illness. Very interesting.

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Went to Grace Church. Pastor dwelt on the End and said no one knows when, but it’s surely coming. We prayed for Ukraine and Russian people. It ran late so I went home without coffee to get husbands lunch.

16What did you learn at Church this week? Empty Re: What did you learn at Church this week? Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:58 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We prayed for Ukraine today at church ⛪ also.

Also I asked for Prayer for Putin that he realizes how much evil 😈  he is doing and turns away from it.

The message at my church today was about Putting On The Armor of God.  It was brought out that God does help you when you are stressed or going through issues with life.

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

That putting on the armour of God is very meaningful right now. Satan is driving Putin that’s for sure, I feel so sad for Ukraine and it’s people, Biden said if they go in it will be WW3. We can only pray.

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We are soon to be losing three if you are also counting our female ministers hubby, as he too plays a large part in our church...

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Are they needed more in another place?
May they be blessed.

What did you learn at Church this week? Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Joyous...female minister is taking a step up the ladder so to speak...a more responsible church position...Regional Minister Team Leader...

nell likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum