SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Traffic lights confusion...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Traffic lights confusion... Empty Traffic lights confusion... Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:02 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Classed as a piece of art...confusing set of traffic lights in the busy part of London ( UK ) Canary Wharf..

...talk about start - stop and go...

Traffic lights confusion... Butter10

2Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Wow!  How many streets convene at that intersection?

Traffic lights confusion... Ezb3oiYTraffic lights confusion... Eh91MZ2

3Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Is that a traffic light tree for decoration?

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

4Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:43 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

GladEOlah, apparently so, classed as a piece of art...

Glad E Olah likes this post

5Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:45 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Are drivers and pedestrians supposed to obey these lights?
And Americans think Round Abouts are confusing?

Traffic lights confusion... Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

6Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:16 pm

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Not that i am aware of but, you never know, so many idiots on our roads, i am sure that some will think they are real - to be obeyed by...

7Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:30 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

If it's on a corner it could confuse some of us.

8Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:13 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Wouldn't take much to confuse me!

9Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:02 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I hate round abouts!

10Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:25 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I only drove Roundabouts in Ireland .
Once I got the hang of them, no problem.

11Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:19 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I don't have a problem with them.  I just worry about other people not using them correctly.

12Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:36 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I dont drive now but, ( straight forewords ) roundabouts never bothered me...now take a look at this one which is in Swindon UK...

13Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:33 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Wow!  Everyone has to know what they're doing!  I can handle a single lane round a bout, but even 2 lanes confuses me.  I usually try to avoid them.

14Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:23 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Oh my!

15Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:15 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We have a roundabout in Kings Lynn that’s four lanes and there are so many accidents on it. I won’t drive there because of it and get my husband to do the route as like to go there for shopping and Pizza Hut. I’m a very nervous driver altogether and tend to stick locally, church is my longest regular journey.

16Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:33 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The longest distance I drive would be to the doctor appointments or grocery shopping in the next town over (about 10-15 miles depending where you would be going at the time).  If son goes along he always drives for me.  Reminds me of when hubby was alive he always did the driving when we were together and that may be the problem today the reason I don't like driving unless  I have to.  

The town over has 5 round abouts and the small town I live in has two.

And in between the two towns there is an interstate which has an off ramp in the figure 8 which I do not like driving in between however coming off the interstate it is perfect and easy which is the reason they converted to the figure 8.  Was not large enough area for a cloverleaf design.

17Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:58 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne...
... there is also a magic roundabout in Hemel Hempstead...6 mini's to manoeuvre around..

...As for driving somewhere, i wasn't nervous if i knew where i was going..

GladEOlah...
...my Richard was the confident and the calmer driver of the two of us...he was reliable getting from A to B...i would have got lost driving out of a superstore car park..let alone remembering where i had parked my car...

18Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:18 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

When by myself, I do fine, but when I take Michelle someplace, I act stupid, letting her think I'm confused all the time, so she can tell me where to go.

19Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:19 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

For me, changing lanes in high traffic areas is a bit nerve bending. Entering the freeway at high traffic time was a challenge. I could drive the freeway, but I choose not to. I used to talk my way out of tickets. Was ticketed once, paid a fine, but the officer made it a charge that didn't go on my record. Therefore I have a perfect driving record.

20Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:07 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My driving record?  Well, let's say nobody's perfect.

21Traffic lights confusion... Empty Re: Traffic lights confusion... Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:50 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, some of us a richly blessed.
I talked my way out of speeding tickets a few
times. Then a female officer let me go with a warning.
I promised her I would stop speeding. I felt obligated to give it my best effort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum