SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Items Found In A Convenient Store

+6
Peanut
toetapping
Glad E Olah
BLC
2Anne
margie52501
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Candy

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

2Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:25 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

soups

Items Found In A Convenient Store 2v2egez1dx6wY8w

3Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:03 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Milk

4Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:09 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Our village store sold wool and knitting needles.

5Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Interesting 2Anne.....especially the wool.  I can understand the sewing needles.

Oil

6Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:23 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It was a great store and the owner used to sell meat for the freezer in bulk at good prices. Lovely cheese selection as well,including Stilton cheese my favourite.

7Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:49 am

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

canned goods

Items Found In A Convenient Store K1291010

8Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:46 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We had bad snow once and the roads out the village were blocked. I got milk for the baby,meat,potatoes and fresh veg and fruit. Not to mention delicious cakes.

9Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Since our last snowstorm, I learned to stock up on neccessities. The problem, we use them up before it happens. I need someplace to hide things from myself, which becomes another problem.

and my words.............paper towels.

10Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:16 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Trouble is Peanut if you don't use them they go out of date. Especially the milk and cookies. That's why we need the Corner shop. Most of this type of shop in the UK are nowadays run by Indian immigrants.

11Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:01 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I think I may get off topic here but the mention of snow storm reminds.......it was Feb 1979 and all three children were then under the age of 10...not infants but still children with items needed.  We got a 27" snow fall in late Feb on the weekend.  That is a lot of snow.  Areas maybe 75 miles around us were getting traces of snow while we were getting dumped on. The medical helicopters and other helicopters since they could not land were being used to bring food and supplies to rural places and letting the supplies down on ropes.  We were snowed in for a couple of weeks.  Anyway where I lived the roads were the first to be cleared because we are just outside the city limits so after a few days we could go for supplies.

Later that year I began to use coupons and send in for rebates.  I got hooked and had supplies you would not believe just in case we were snowed in ever again.  And to this day you can open my supply closet and find enough can goods for at least a month.

My word would be what I thought someone else would mention so I waited till now:

Gasoline

12Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:03 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Olive oil

13Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:54 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne, Stilton cheese. Reminds me of the "Wallace and Grommet " videos. I enjoyed those videos very much as I watched them with the grandkids.

Greeting cards.

Items Found In A Convenient Store Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

14Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:53 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I didn't know Stilton cheese was in Wallace and Grommit Joyous. I think they also may have had a cheese featured called 'Stinking Bishop' - may have been another programme but it made the brand famous. We have a great variety of cheese in the UK and are very lucky to have the Europen cheeses as well.

15Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:18 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I love cheese!

Pizza

16Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:24 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Have you tried Stilton Glad? It's a blue cheese with a strong flavour. A friend gave us a ceramic pot with it in one Christmas and it was the best cheese I've ever tasted. It is quite expensive for the top quality. I love mature cheddar as well.

17Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:56 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

No 2Anne. Not sure where to purchase it but I would try it at least once.

18Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:09 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

2Anne, I believe it may have been in the video where Wallace and Grommit (Thanks for correct spelling) went to the moon. I could be wrong.
My favorite cheese has to be extra sharp Cheddar. I also like Feta on salads and in omelettes.
It has only been this summer that I'm once again able to eat dairy without breaking out in blisters and itching to craziness. I'm so glad to have toast with sharp Cheddar cheese and thinly sliced garden fresh tomato popped into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Ahhhhh. Also, going to an ice cream parlor (As it was called in the old days in my hometown) with my clan and enjoying a huge ice cream cone. My favorite is Chocolate fudge brownie.

19Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:31 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thanks for that info Joyous. Stilton is a great cheese. I always buy some at Christmas and we eat it with Christmas cake. Very good combination with all the dried fruit,marzipan and fondant icing.
I like cheddar too. Toasted on bread here it's called Welsh rarebit. I liked the Velveta cheese in America but cheese costs more than in the UK and we get German,French and Swiss cheeses as well.

20Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The store where I work is running their store brand of cheese chunks for $1.29 for 8 oz. A very good price.

http://tcgrocery.com/stores/jackson/pages/02/

Item from a convenience store:

Chips

21Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

cookies

22Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:31 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

That's a bargain with your cheese Glad. A perk of working there!

Butter icing.

23Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I stocked up 2Anne. My favorite is the hot pepper cheese.

Orange juice

24Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:08 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You can keep plastic wrapped cheese in the fridge for months so good on you Glad. We all like a bargain. I can buy 1 lb of mature cheddar for £2 which is very good.

Lemonade

25Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Paper cups

26Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:41 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Paper towels

(Which I use a lot of.)

27Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:44 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Angel cake

28Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Bottled Water

29Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:30 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Tinned peas.

30Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:42 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Detergent

31Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:05 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Ice cream!! Yum!

32Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:18 am

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

soup ( we love soup : )

33Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:16 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

How about Oxtail soup? Bet you don't have that in America Peanut?

34Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:42 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Croutons

2Anne, Oxtail may not be available in stores, but many people still make it at home. I'm not one of them.

35Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:35 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Ox tail casserole is very tasty but I never saw any on sale in the Staes. Also not much offal,ie. Liver and kidneys. Steak and kidney pie is very popular in the UK.

Crusty bread.

36Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Don't want any oxtail soup that's for sure. No kidney pie either.

Pretzels

37Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:10 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Combos

I love them.

38Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:25 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yes Combos are good!

Bandaids

39Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:11 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Trash bags

40Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:52 pm

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

ummmmmmmm----thanks, but no thanks on the Ox Tail soup--lol. I'll stay with chicken noodle. Nice of you to suggest it, though.

MATCHES...

41Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:43 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Candles ?

42Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:43 am

BLC

BLC
*FORUM OWNERS*

2Anne wrote:Ox tail casserole is very tasty but I never saw any on sale in the  Staes. Also not much offal,ie. Liver and kidneys. Steak and kidney pie is very popular in the UK.

Crusty bread.
Ox tail soup is really good. My mom made if fairly often. Its just bones and the best soups start woth good stock from bones.

Slim Jim meat sticks

43Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:56 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Lighter fluid.

44Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Charcoal

45Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:32 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Aluminum foil

46Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:24 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

ziplock baggies

47Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:47 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Wax paper

48Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:20 pm

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

cat food

49Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:53 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sponges

50Items Found In A Convenient Store Empty Re: Items Found In A Convenient Store Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Peanut

Peanut
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

school supplies

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum