SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:12 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

2Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:50 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The only kind I ever picked was Morels. mainly because they're the only ones I knew were non-poisonous.

Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Ezb3oiYLearning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Eh91MZ2

3Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:09 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I really do not recommend eating wild mushrooms as even experts get it wrong. I remember hearing that a Norwegian family went foraging for wild mushrooms in Norway and were all found dead seated round the campfire.
All my mushrooms come from the supermarket and even when they grow in my garden I do not eat them.

4Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Very wise, 2Anne.

Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Ezb3oiYLearning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Eh91MZ2

5Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:53 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Only one time we, my late hubby and i, went wild mushroom collecting...This was a guided tour in the grounds of a Stately Home here in UK...We were told which were poisonous and which were edible...I have to admit, some of the prettier ones were the poisonous, whereas some that looked like they could be poisonous, were indeed the edible, our experienced guide checked them all...I remember the weather was cold, wet and gray but we all enjoyed our walking, foraging, collecting and taking our finds home with us..

Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Butter10

6Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:27 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I would never eat wild mushrooms. It’s just too risky. Every year whole families die when camping and collecting wild fungi of supposedly safe provenance in Norway and Sweden. It is their tradition to forage for them.

7Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:58 pm

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We took them home with us but we never ate them, it was just fun actually joining them, children, families, adults and all...It was an experience on identifying them, and an enjoyable walk in the woodland in a place we had not been before, a privately owned Mansion home and grounds..

8Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:59 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I agree wild mushrooms are scary but if you have a source where to find them then  by all means.  Wonder how they know they are not poisionous?

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

9Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Empty Re: Learning to Identify Wild Mushrooms Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

GladEOlah, that is a question i always wondered about...I can only assume somebody somewhere has eaten a poisonous one...( by mistake )

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum