SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bring back our good days...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bring back our good days... Empty Bring back our good days... Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:40 pm

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

When i was young, if we were caught misbehaving when out playing in street, there was always an elderly neighbour who would say to us " i know who your father is, i know where you live " that was enough to frighten us to stop misbehaving...

Another nostalgia of our better times was, we could leave our front doors on a latch, it was safe to do this...And as children we played outside our houses, hopscotch-marbles-jacks..I feel for the young today stuck indoors on their computers and gadgets...We were street wise kids...

Bring back our good days... Butter10

2Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:32 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I grew up in a rural area- we had no such supervision.
And today's kids' 'street-wise' is completely different.

Bring back our good days... Ezb3oiYBring back our good days... Eh91MZ2

3Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:13 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

There are so many dangers to children nowadays, access to the internet being a big one. A lot of children here grow up without a father and manifest appalling behaviour and receive no guidance. Persecution from social media and unsafe to play out alone. The loss of Christianity has caused a lot of problems with no moral compass in society. Technology has created a nightmare scenario.

4Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Agreed!

5Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:11 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Of course nowadays parents can't smack their children, ( our law ) and the children know this..

6Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

jackiehope wrote:Of course nowadays parents can't smack their children, ( our law ) and the children know this..
Sad.  Children need discipline.

7Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:55 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

What is that saying (or is it a Bible verse)?

Spare the rod and spoil the child........I need to see if that is really in the Bible....

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

8Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:58 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Well what do you know basically it is biblical!

Proverbs 13:24 KJV He that spareth his rod hateth his son: But he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. 

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

9Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:31 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Many understand 'spare the rod and spoil the child' as a directive, rather than  a warning, as it is intended- 'spare the rod, and you'll spoil the child'.

10Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:34 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I thought we were supposed to spank or switch our children because I was switched often. When my children are together now they laugh about how they tried to choose a lousy switch in order to feel it less. I laugh because I did the exact same when Mother sent me to fetch a switch. When my grandchildren began being punished I told my son and my daughter that children shouldn't be physically punished. Both she and her cousin said, "Oh sure, now that we got beat(NO!) the grandkids , OH NO!" LOL

Bring back our good days... Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

11Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:31 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Discipline, done with love, is a necessity.

12Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:00 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sent up to bed was my punishment, not for long, i was soon allowed back down again...Oh the times my late father flexed ( its noise ) his army khaki belt, the bend over his knees threat to my backside was enough warning to me...

Does " discipline " still go on in families nowadays? it certainly does if one joins the army...

13Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:27 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yes.  Parents discipline by sending their kids to their rooms with their cell phones, Xboxes, TVs.......

14Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:06 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Seems nowadays it pays to be un-disciplined...be naughty and be rewarded for it..

15Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:45 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It may depend on the child being punished.
Some children can be disciplined with a calm
voice.
Some can be shamed into good behaviour.
If I could be given a second chance, I would forego
physical punishment and pray it was best for my children. All five are good, decent adults praise the LORD.

16Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:41 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

A retired Navy/submarine Sailor/ who was married to my 1st niece (She died 2 years ago) told me how his daughter disciplines her own daughter. She tells her, "You're on time out. Go to your room until you can behave." He said the girl goes to the room for s few minutes and comes out. He thinks that is ridiculous.
It makes me laugh.

17Bring back our good days... Empty Re: Bring back our good days... Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:18 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Bring back our good days:
I'm using this topic because I'm not allowed to
post on the Gunsmoke topic.

Glad, I watched Matt Dillon's widow tell about being married to him. I wish she had talked about his first marriage and his children. I assume he had children.
I still watch reruns of Gunsmoke. One of the best.
That and the Andy Griffith show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum