SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 What's Going On In Your Day

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 16]

3512020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 pm

lightfootfan

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I got our essential stuff done today, except for getting gas. I have over a half a tank, and the monitor on my dash says I have 319 miles left on this tank. Eating Macaroni and cheese now.

3522020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:12 am

lightfootfan

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Here we go into April 15th, the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Our country is sinking too, after hitting the Corona iceberg. Just like in an iceberg floating in the ocean, there's so much of it we don't see.
My friend, Tim should be coming over this afternoon to use my computer to access his emails, now that the libraries are closed. He's quite 'thrifty'. Rather than paying for his own access to the internet, he went to the library, and used theirs.

3532020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:48 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I was up with Chipper last night, taking him out at 2 and 5, so I slept in this morning. Have plans to get my grocery pick-up order at walmart today. Will see how that works.

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Ezb3oiY2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Eh91MZ2

3542020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:57 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, you're a real Champ! Not a squealer! :thank you:
Mac n cheese is one of my favorite foods, especially Stouffer's!

Your friend is wise. At one time we used the Library computers.
It has been so many years, I forget why. Thinking back to the
early years of Dial-up aarggh Slow as molasses in January.
I'm very thankful for today's internet. I'm older than the rest of
you Shouters, so I grew up minus computers and even TV. It
would be tough getting used to writing letters again. Life today
is as different as day from night. One day, I may compose a story
of life from 3 years of age to today's world.
My memories are rather like viewing an old movie.

Today I washed my outerwear. I shake excess wrinkles out, toss the
items into the dryer for maybe 10 minutes, take them out, place on
hangers and hang them on a drying tripod we bought at ALDI.
By morning everything is dry and I saved a small amount of DTE
energy.
We went to ALDI. I wore a mask.
(Just in case I had a sudden urge to rob the store)
Am I not just witty today?

I visited the doggie. WE had a really nice time together.

Margie, it's a blessing that there are food banks when we need them.
I recall once in early days when the cupboard was bare of
anything except a can of tomato soup and I think some pancake mix.
It was an empty feeling, not knowing when I could shop for food.
I had grown up in the country where we grew our own food and
while it wasn't steaks and caviar , neither of which I would desire,
there was always food in the cellar, milk from the cow, a squirrel
or a rabbit, or fish caught by Daddy or my brother. I never went hungry
a day in my life. Only one day when I decided to fast.
Oh my, enough of this! r3

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

3552020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It's fine to reminisce, Joyous. I can't remember anything before my accident, when I was 8 years old.
Well, I went to walmart for my grocery pick up order. I had to reserve a time slot a week ago, but I had till 1:45 this morning to make changes or additions to my list. My slot was for 10 to 11 this morning. I received a text and an email at 9:49 this morning telling me my order was ready, so I drove to the store, pulled into one of the pick up spaces, and was prepared to call the number on the pick up area sign, but an associate was out there, after having delivered someone else's order, so he asked me my name, looked me up on his handheld, and said he'd be right back. He was back shortly, with my order, which had been picked last night ( the frozen and refrigerated items were stored in a separate cooler in the order area). He loaded the bags in my trunk, and told me I was good to go.
When I got home, there was an email confirmation of my order and charge.

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Ezb3oiY2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Eh91MZ2

3562020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:09 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So LFF, bottom line, are you pleased with your Walmart
experience?
We have a neighbor who shops your way. I haven't had
a chance to ask if they like it.

An accident when you were 8 years old which erased previous memory?
I'm interested in hearing.
So far my memories are intact.

3572020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:35 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I was very pleased with the grocery pick up. They had to substitute 2 items, and one was out of stock, but I got an email notifying me, and I had the opportunity to refuse that, which I didn't as one was 2% milk substituted for 2% low fat milk? And the other was a 6 oz package of strawberry gelatin substituted for a 3 oz package of the same. The lime gelatin was out of stock. If they continue this grocery pick up, I'll switch to that. I've made an account there, and have listed my 'favorites', and I order from there. If there's something else I need, I click search, and add it to my order.

3582020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:43 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sounds like a good choice for you.
I still enjoy going to the grocery store,
but things can change quickly and we
never know when having groceries delivered
could be a lifesaver.
Now the story when you were 8 years old.

3592020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:49 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:
Now the story when you were 8 years old.
When I was 8, I was hit by a '53 Chevy. It shattered the right side of my skull, threw me 90 feet through the air, and I skidded 60 feet on my back.  Fortunately, The only bone broken was my skull.  The doctor pieced together the jigsaw puzzle of my head and said, Well, it's up to Him now."  I think he was referring to God.
I was in a coma for 6 weeks, after which I was moved to another hospital, where I stayed till they said they couldn't do any more for me.  I could barely walk, couldn't talk, had a bad temper, and they sent me home for my Mom to take care of me.  She was so patient with me.
Anyway, they didn't have the technology then that they have now, so my whole left side was screwed up, and I had to see therapists and such to work on my balance, coordination, and whatever else.  I still have some effects from it today, and I always will.  
Sorry. off topic  Getting back to my memory, the temporal lobe that controls my memory was damaged, and I've never been able to remember my childhood before the accident.

3602020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:37 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Y'know? I'd love to stay home today, but I need to go out and purchase some bird seed for my Mom's bird feeder, which my Sister and I hope to put outside my Mom's window for her tomorrow. I should take Chipper for a walk today. Dawn has been taking him lately, but right now, I don't feel ambitious at all.

3612020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:31 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thank you LFF, for sharing what you know of your childhood.
Is your sister older and does she share stories from your first 8 years?
Do you have recall of the years after being hospitalized?
If I'm digging too deep, just tell me and I will delete.
Was your dad in the picture during this time? You have overcome so
very much and managed to keep a sense of humor.
I have sadness inside when bad things happen to children.

3622020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:37 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Thus far today, I have eaten breakfast, brushed my teeth,
put away the wash I had hanging on the drying rack, penned
a Get Well card for a niece who is fighting Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma.
Light snow was falling when I sat down here.
There goes my plan for planting Bunching onions, carrots, beets.
I see several tiny shoots coming up in the tomato pots. YAY
My hope is to grow a Charity tomato section in the garden.

3632020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:52 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:Thank you LFF, for sharing what you know of your childhood.
1.Is your sister older and does she share stories from your first 8 years?
2.Do you have recall of the years after being hospitalized?
3.If I'm digging too deep, just tell me and I will delete.
4.Was your dad in the picture during this time?
You have overcome so
very much and managed to keep a sense of humor.
I have sadness inside when bad things happen to children.
1. Kathy is 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days older than me. Her memory isn't very good, at her advanced age. wink Seriously, she talks with my Mom about stuff that happened that I don't remember. We don't talk much about our restricted childhood.
2. Definitely. Being handicapped by balance problems, (wearing braces on my feet and legs), coordination problems (still have some today), speech impediments, overall slowness, and a bad temper, I can remember being picked on, made fun of, being knocked down, having my face washed in the snow, and on and on...
3. Not at all. It's fine, really.
4. Yes, but my Dad worked second shift, so we only really saw him on weekends. Problem was, on weekends, my Dad would be doing yard work, working on the house, out in the garage or broodercoop. I appreciated any time he had to spend with me, even if it meant working with him.
When I see kids picked on and such, I really feel for them. Been there, Done that.

3642020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:04 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I appreciate that you shared this part of you.
I feel I have a deeper appreciation of who you are.
How old were you when your dad passed?
I imagine you must have become better acquainted
as you grew up. He must have been a good man, just too busy,
as were most dads back then.
I become very angry when I see a child being badly treated.

3652020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:17 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My Dad was a good man, Father, provider. He died in 2016, at the age of 92 from emphysema, COPD, and complications. I got much closer to him after he retired, at 62.

3662020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:34 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Awwww, that's great.
Your mom is a great mom too smwrr smwrr

3672020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yes it is! Thanks Joyous. I'm making masks.

3682020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:24 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Good evening all. Was planning on going to see my foot doctor today. But I sick again and cancelled it. Also need to go to the grocery store but today I'm not me. So hopefully maybe this weekend. We shall see. Had snow here last night but now it's all gone.

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 2v2egez1dx6wY8w

3692020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:22 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Was going to get birdseed, but I would have had to shovel around the car, so I'll get it tomorrow.

3702020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:43 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Frost on everything here this morning. Will be leaving in a while to go buy birdseed for my Mom's feeder, which we hope to put outside my Mom's window at American House. No other plans today, other than to put doggie bags in the dispenser here at our 'pet walk area'.

3712020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, I hope you are able to get everything done
that you need.
LFF, maybe your snow will melt.
Our's has melted in sunny areas, but not in my lettuce and spinach.
Which brings a question to mind.
Why on God's green earth would we not be allowed to buy seed?
I had saved some. I bought some. If seeds are available, I will buy more!

3722020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:
Why on God's green earth would we not be allowed to buy seed?
I had saved some. I bought some. If seeds are available, I will buy more!
Ya' got me! I bought birdseed today.

3732020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:28 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So what type Bird will you be growing? pat

3742020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:45 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:So what type Bird will you be growing?  pat
I bought cheap seed, so I'm guessing sparrows. bludnc

3752020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:06 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I'm working on a rupture on my lower left leg. Had a rupture on my right leg last week. Have that one taken care of.
Will be going out to my Mom's today. My Sister will meet me at the Assisted Living House at 1 p.m., and we plan on putting a bird feeder on a shepherd's hook outside my Mom's window, and we may stand outside her window, making funny faces at her. Hopefully, we can write on a dry erase board too. I don't know if she's allowed to open the window. After my visit, I hope to stop by Wok In, Wok Out Chinese restaurant to get dinner then.

3762020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:36 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

First: Your humor is amusing LOL

Just how do you describe a rupture in the leg? Is it a vein?
A muscle?
Great idea, the bird feeder at your Mom's window.

I did some garden work today, before visiting my Buddy.
Early morning, I filled the tank at $1.35 per gallon, went to Meijer,
that about covers my day.

3772020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:33 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I have edema, or swelling in my legs. The skin is quite thin, and at times, I have bubbles that form. My legs itch, but I must be careful that I don't scratch them. Scratching can cause tears in the skin, or the bubbles may burst. A rupture is an opening in the skin, caused by one of these things, or something as simple as rubbing the skin against the corduroy type covering on my power chair, or the vinyl of my other recliner. I then must try and get these ruptures to heal.
My Mom seemed happy to see us. We couldn't hear each other, but she could read our messages on the whiteboard my Sister, Kathy held up to the window. We didn't stay long. Then, I picked Chinese food for supper on the way home.

3782020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:50 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

OH LFF, I know about that type rupture.
I once had a patient whose legs wept.
They were so swollen we couldn't get her support stockings on.

Your medication doesn't eliminate the fluid?

:pray:

3792020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:27 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:OH LFF, I know about that type rupture.
I once had a patient whose legs wept.
They were so swollen we couldn't get her support stockings on.

Your medication doesn't eliminate the fluid?

:pray:
No. Should I double up on my Lasix?

3802020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:35 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, I advise that you call your doctor.
I could never give advice on medication.
My dear Mom in law only took her Lasix when she needed it.
She said she knew her body better the doctor did. 2lol
God bless her, she was almost 99 when a nurse over
medicated her and her heart stopped. They resuscitated
her and told us she would stop breathing in 15 minutes.
They told us to leave the room, but I stayed.
Four nights later,
I said goodbye and she was gone.
(My daughter and two grands
stayed most of the nights with her.)

3812020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:03 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So sorry to hear this, Joyous. My condolences to you.
I take my Furosemide (Lasix)every morning and evening..
We took Chipper downtown for a walk on the boardwalk this morning.

3822020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:44 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Good evening all. Please keep us in your prayers. My husband John is really down and I'm worried about him. He is not doing well with this virus and his attitude at the present time. We're in need of a better vehicle and looking forward to get some help from the gov't with the simulate check. But he is discouraged right now and we're getting mixed message about our checks. We have direct deposit to our bank but no idea when it's going to show up. We found a vehicle but don't want to lose it either. I'm at my wits end , dealing with him right now. Words don't make it better either. He has lost his faith in God right now.

3832020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:43 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

So sorry Margie. Remind John that this too will pass.
I'll be taking Dawn to get her prescriptions, and to a meeting that is essential to her mental health during this time. No other plans at this time.

3842020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:35 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, I sort of understand how John feels,
although I have more freedom due to still having a car that runs.
There are many people going through these feelings, some due
to their jobs being halted, some, like me, having a problem adjusting
to unusual rules and wondering what's coming.
I vent on Face book a lot and I get out and garden.
Yesterday I walked at a Metro Park with my daughter and gr.daughter.
More people there on a weekday than usual.
Put your woes at the feet of Jesus.

LFF, tell Dawn she is not alone in this.
I wonder if our governing body has a clue how this is for us.

3852020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:58 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

They don't Joyous.  That's why we need term limits, so they understand what it feels like in the trenches.

3862020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:07 am

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Thanks for all your kind words here about my husband. I'm at my wits end and I have a bad headache because of it. I don't know how much more of our love and be married will last. I really stressed to the max here. Hopefully if it's nice out I will go walk around the house and sit outside for a while to. Just to let you know I'm still alive I will let you know you know how it goes. LOL!!!!

3872020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:14 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hang in there Margie. 'It' happens. And we have to get through it.

3882020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:06 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, I wonder what percentage of earth's people are totally stressed out.
I can imagine how you're feeling. I have been asking myself this morning,
Am I just naturally a depressed person? Is it what is happening all around
our world? Are others coping more efficiently than I am? Monday was a
better day because we went to a Metro Park and rejoiced in nature.
Margie, I know it's worse for you because you have less opportunity to get
out. :pray: We know Beccie is having her moments too.
Can it be males are better able to deal with this fiasco than we females?
LFF seems to be calm, content, or can it be he just doesn't complain? agree2 disagree

3892020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:56 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I take all the news reports with a grain of salt. Maybe that's why my blood pressure is so high. I'd rather quit watching the news, but I keep hoping for a glimmer of hope expressed there. Guess I have to keep up with the constantly changing legalities of things. Getting upset over things does no good, I guess. Have to look to the future. I even placed a grocery pick up order for Saturday.

3902020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, I might be able to deal with the news, although idiotic people
always irritate me. Especially when they have power over others,
A friend got me started in this Sex trafficking / child abuse / rescue
on YouTube. I can't ignore it because President Trump is involved
in the rescue effort. I wish I could convince myself that it's not true,
but I know there is Satan and I know there are too many people who
do his bidding. Ultimately GOD is in charge, but Jesus left us to carry
on His good work.

3912020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:24 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hadn't heard about the Sex trafficking / child abuse / rescue on You Tube. I know the police arrested a 26 year old guy in Saugatuck on child abuse charges.

3922020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:36 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

I just find out the place my youngest son Jason works at. Has 5 cases of the coronavirus in the plant he works at in Eddyville, Iowa. Governor Reynolds is still keeping most of the plants here opened for business now. I'm really worried about my son's health now most of all. As for John he is still under the weather here and not feeling like himself. I agree most of American's are depressed about this virus and having to stay home and be on lockdown. My oldest son Chris got his simulate check last week and he files taxes to and working at Casey's in Marshalltown now.

3932020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:17 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

What does Jason do that is 'essential work'?

3942020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yeah....I am stressed out at times....sick of this virus issues. But today have you noticed? I have been
in and changed the scenery.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

3952020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:58 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I like the new background, Glad!

3962020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:41 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I was worried about a wound on my left leg, as it was hurting all last night, but I just took my compression sock off, and it looks like it's scabbed over pretty well. Might take Chipper for a short walk today. Got Dawn on a virtual meeting on ZOOM last night. She liked seeing the old gang again. They had a group of about 15 people.

3972020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:42 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, one of my sons is still working, He manages the parts dept. at LaFontaine
Honda in Dearborn. LaFontaine has several dealerships and it seems their considered
essential. Another son is Porter for Mike Bates Chevrolet and he has been laid off for
4 or 5 weeks. I understand M. Bates closed because his dealership is quite new and
he might lose money, paying his employees while sales might be down.
One grandson works from home. One grandson is laid off. He does lawns, cleans up houses,
which might make him exposed. One grandson works at CVS. One Gr.daughter is a Nannie
to two little girls. The parents could bring home COVID, I suppose! One Gr.daughter works
at Meijer, considered essential.

3982020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:53 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, I really, really like this background! So easy on the eyes.
I also like seeing you here. :pray:

LFF, how is your leg today? I'm concerned.
Due to the edema and diabetes, I know you
have greater chance of healing difficulties.
Do you put a Non-stick band aid or dressing
on before the sock? Do take extra care.
I think Dawn will enjoy meeting on ZOOM.
My housemate meets his entire family once
or twice a week using ZOOM.

Finally, today I scrubbed the kitchen floor, always
on hands and knees. That done, a shower was needed.
Lunch was spaghetti, broccoli, and coffee soon. Then I
will probably dig a little around my rose bushes and
bury some chopped banana peels. Supposedly beneficial
for roses.

3992020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:Margie, one of my sons is still working, He  manages the parts dept. at LaFontaine
Honda in Dearborn. LaFontaine has several dealerships and it seems their considered
essential. l.
I think Car sales are not essential, but car service is.
Went to Speedway for gas. Had 20 cents off a gallon, so paid 1.21 a gallon. Got my 44 ounce Diet Dew, and Dawn her cappuccino. Then we walked Chipper on the boardwalk, and went to village Inn restaurant for lunch.

4002020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:05 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The lady upstairs was taken to the Hospital yesterday. Talked to her husband when I took Chipper out and he was out with their dog. Said she's still there, and they don't know what's up with her. I didn't pry.
Will be going to the jim later this morning. need a shower. and must wash my lower leg, as the scabs are tugging at my skin, making it had to sleep. Doesn't hurt as badly when I'm up. May take a walk later.

4012020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:46 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, why are our restaurants closed, only carry out, and you can eat inside ?
We have the same Gov., both live in Michigan? I'm puzzled.
did you ask your Doctor about the leg care? That rather concerns me. Sorry
if I'm treating you like a child, I know you're smart when it comes to your health.
My Mom in law had trouble with her lower leg and it became infected. Not trying to
frighten you, just caution. SORRY! :pray:
An aside: I went to your page where you Note your daily B/P and Glucose.
There wasn't a space for me to reply.

4022020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:56 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

OK, my day so far.
Went to Kroger for a gallon of tea, 2 gallons of distilled water and a loaf of
bread for my youngest son. The water is for the Wee dog. Then I stopped
at the ATM. Then to Farm and Home for seed potatoes, Parsley seed and
Arugula seed.
Back home I planted one short row of potatoes, called the niece who is
fighting cancer, she is amazingly upbeat. Had lunch, took quarts of Organic,
Raw honey to my son and my daughter. Also have two more for two of my kids.
Visited my daughter a few minutes. Visited my son and my doggie friend.
Back home watered part of garden which needed it.
Now it's SATW time!
P.S. Heard that our Gov. announced the Lockdown
will continue until May 15th. Lots of not so happy people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum