SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

You are not connected. Please login or register

2020 What's Going On In Your Day

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 16]

4012020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:46 pm

nell

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, why are our restaurants closed, only carry out, and you can eat inside ?
We have the same Gov., both live in Michigan? I'm puzzled.
did you ask your Doctor about the leg care? That rather concerns me. Sorry
if I'm treating you like a child, I know you're smart when it comes to your health.
My Mom in law had trouble with her lower leg and it became infected. Not trying to
frighten you, just caution. SORRY! :pray:
An aside: I went to your page where you Note your daily B/P and Glucose.
There wasn't a space for me to reply.

4022020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:56 pm

nell

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

OK, my day so far.
Went to Kroger for a gallon of tea, 2 gallons of distilled water and a loaf of
bread for my youngest son. The water is for the Wee dog. Then I stopped
at the ATM. Then to Farm and Home for seed potatoes, Parsley seed and
Arugula seed.
Back home I planted one short row of potatoes, called the niece who is
fighting cancer, she is amazingly upbeat. Had lunch, took quarts of Organic,
Raw honey to my son and my daughter. Also have two more for two of my kids.
Visited my daughter a few minutes. Visited my son and my doggie friend.
Back home watered part of garden which needed it.
Now it's SATW time!
P.S. Heard that our Gov. announced the Lockdown
will continue until May 15th. Lots of not so happy people.

4032020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:30 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:LFF, why are our restaurants closed, only carry out, and you can eat inside ?
We have the same Gov., both live in Michigan? I'm puzzled.
did you ask your Doctor about the leg care? That rather concerns me. Sorry
if I'm treating you like a child, I know you're smart when it comes to your health.
My Mom in law had trouble with her lower leg and it became infected. Not trying to
frighten you, just caution. SORRY! :pray:
An aside: I went to your page where you Note your daily B/P and Glucose.
There wasn't a space for me to reply.
1. I go inside, order my food, sit there till order is ready, pay for it, and take it home to eat it.
2. Doctor told me triple anti-biotic, and wrap. Come to E.R. if it gets worse.
3. Thank you for your concern.
4. Don't know. Were you signed in? You replied to this topic, so that should have been the same.

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Ezb3oiY2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Eh91MZ2

4042020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:35 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You sure have been busy, Joyous!
My doctor needs to see me after this lockdown. Thank you for your concern, Joyous.
I don't understaqnd your not being able to post in the other thread. You posted here!

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Ezb3oiY2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Eh91MZ2

4052020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:41 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Went to walmart for my pick up order this morning. I didn't receive a text from them saying my order was ready, but I did get an email, so I went there, leaving the parking lot here at 7:07. Called them from my spot in the pick up area. They had 2 other orders they were packing, but then they brought mine out to the car, put them in my trunk, and I went home. Was home by 8:00. I signed up for the 'Informed daily delivery Digest from the post office, so I also received an email from USPS, telling me what to expect in the mail today. Tells me Dawn and I are each getting something from the IRS... Will wait and see what it is.

4062020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:31 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, really good news about antibiotic wrap.
Maybe being able to have stuff delivered is better for you.
I'm still old school nough to want to go out for my stuff.
That can change as I grow older.

The topic is different for your B/P , Glucose level.
there is no drop box for it. I'll try it again.

I didn't have to sign in here. I just scroll.

I have only messed around on this PC today.
Time to walk to the mailbox, get the blood flowing!

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

4072020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We don't have delivery way out here in Allegan, but I do order groceries online, pick a pickup time, go there, and an associate there puts the order in my trunk for me.
As for the Glucose thread, if you scroll down, there should be a 'quick reply' box. If not, click 'post reply', and a reply box should appear.
I've been playing around with ZOOM on my computers.

4082020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:42 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

This topic has post reply.
The B/P topic doesn't.

4092020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:56 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:This topic has post reply.
The B/P topic doesn't.
I think because it's an archived topic. I asked Glad to merge the 2 topics. I will start a new topic tomorrow with a different name.

4102020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:03 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Had Alexa turn on my desk lamp this morning, and POP! The bulb blew out.
Went to turn the bulb out, and the glass broke loose. Now, I have to find my needle nose pliers to remove it. Guess I'll have to make a trip out to the local hardware store for a new bulb.

4112020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:37 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It's one thing after the other, LFF.
Were you able to get the broken bulb out?

I did my usual load of laundry, visited my doggie friend,
spent time on this PC.

4122020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:07 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yep! Got the bulb out. Went to the hardware store, and got a couple LED Bulbs that fit, to Speedway for our beverages, to Dollar General for a couple things, walked Chipper on the boardwalk, went home and listened to the Church service online, and took it easy the rest of the day..

4132020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:47 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Monday Monday. Can't trust that day... But then, it's hard to trust any day nowadays. I saw on TV this morning, that our illustrious governor witless Whitmer stated in her latest executive order that people here will be required to wear cloth face masks when going into a store. All the masks I've made are paper. In fact. the N-95 masks the health care workers use are made of paper...
Anyway, We'll Be heading to Douglas to the bank to deposit our Stimulus checks. Then, we'll head on over to my Mom's house to take ice out of the icemaker (so it doesn't freeze up). We'll probably stop by the store for some cards for Dawn too. Might take Chipper along with us.

4142020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:11 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Our Governor had her weekly press conference today. She say the counties with the lowest count of the coronavirus would open up something come May 1st. And if things improve then the rest of Iowa counties would open up on May 15th. But if more people get the virus before or after that time period then they will go back to closing business down again. So looks like my youngest son Jason will get to go to the YMCA gym come Friday. Don't know when we will be able to get our haircut yet. Maybe in May or June. Just have to wait and see.

2020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 2v2egez1dx6wY8w

4152020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Be an optomist!

4162020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:01 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, your Gov. sounds a lot like our's.
seriously, the Bill of Rights says neither State
nor Federal Govt may deprive us of our right to
make a living. The words are not these, but we can
look it up. Our Governors are usurping authority
not theirs.
I did some gardening today. Transplanted tomato
seedlings from small pots to medium size pots.
Set out some flowers my daughter and Grands gave me,.
Planted a bit of Parsley, a few Red  potatoes. They may
not grow potatoes as their store bought and probably
were treated to not sprout. When I dug the hole, I dug
up several dried up Turtle eggs. Only one remained whole.
No idea why they didn't hatch.
Also saw the first newly hatched baby ducks, swimming
happily along behind Mama. 15 babies. WOW what a
family!
Also visited my little doggie friend.
A really beautiful day.

4172020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:05 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You've been a busy little girl, Joyous!
I took Dawn to Douglas to the bank, to the bank, to the bank, bank, bank. (Felt like the Lone Ranger) Went to my Mom's House, walked Chipper, took ice out of my Mom's ice maker, put some ice cubes in her hanging planter, went to Super Value there in Douglas for Milk and popcorn (Which Dawn eats every night). Stopped by Family Dollar for some cards for Dawn, and came home.

4182020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:22 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Will be taking Dawn to a meeting today, and will probably walk Chipper, but have no other plans right now.

4192020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:57 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Sounds like a fairly busy day, LFF.
I actually like your Lone Ranger sound. I have sometimes tried doing the sound of the horses galloping. I could have tried out for Sound Effects years ago on the radio. Mind you, I'm not saying I would have been hired!

After planting Kale, Spinach, Arugula,I think that's all.
Then a load of laundry, lunch,
(Have any of you tried the chicken wraps from ALDI ?)
Very good. Today I had a different brand, from ALDI,
with a Jalapeno cream filling. Yummy.
Coffee and relaxing on the porch glider.
Soon I will go to visit my doggie friend.

4202020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:23 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hi Joyous! Took Dawn to a meeting, walked Chipper, went to Speedway, then to Village Market for a few things. Now home and relaxing.

4212020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:59 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Good evening all. Went to test drive a 2010 Chrystal Town & County today. They at the pawn shop want 2,200 dollars for it. It was like driving a brand new van. Going to look at another van, a Dodge Grand Caravan tomorrow evening. And then go from there. Hope to have something to drive soon.

4222020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:04 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Check it over good, Margie!

4232020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 pm

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Thanks LLF. The 2010 has a noise when you put on the brakes. So told the lady at the pawn shop about it. She say she forgot to have that checked out. Will call her in the morning and talk to her again. Then check out the other one tomorrow evening. Go from there. John likes the 2010 so far but didn't check under the hood. But we will go back for sure.

4242020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:09 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Will be driving through the rain today to take Dawn to a meeting. No other plans, I guess.

4252020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:47 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Margie, if you know a mechanic or someone who knows
cars real well, someone you can trust, ask him / her to
drive the vans and check them over real good. When I
bought my wagon 11 years ago, I asked my House mate
first. After he looked it over, he told me to call my second son
because that son was buying and selling used cars at that time.
He came and drove it, told me it's a good buy. 11 years later
I still drive with it without having put out much for repairs.
It was 9 years old when I bought it, also a salvage car,
meaning it has been in an accident.

4262020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:54 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, it seems like your day wasn't super busy.
Nice change.

We went to Lowes this morning to buy Kale seed.
Then after lunch of homemade chicken/rice soup
I went to visit my doggie friend, also made my
son some Tuna/pasta casserole. Supposed to be
tuna/noodle, but Meijer didn't have a noodle in their store.
I was amazed that the ;itte doggie behaved well while I cooked.
Although he did stand looking forlorn.
Back home I planted two more rows of Kale. Short rows.
Now I'm chillin.

4272020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:40 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Dawn was on my computer tonight. I signed her on to a meeting on ZOOM. Worked pretty well. I sat at the kitchen table with my laptop. Put Thunderbird on it, and have that all set up now.
I'd posted earlier that I was going to take Dawn to a meeting, but I was thinking today was Tuesday, so I didn't leave the apartment today, except to take Chipper out. Was kind of nice for a change.

4282020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My leg is hurting. The skin is dry, tight, feels like it's sunburned, and very tender. Didn't get much sleep last night. Only time it quit hurting, was if I was up, walking around.
Today, I should go to the jim, and take a shower. Maybe take Chipper for a walk along the sidewalk here.

4292020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:34 am

margie52501

margie52501
*FORUM OWNERS*

Good morning all. Good news we got our simulate check in our checking account. Withdrew some money and bought a 2005 Chrysler Town and County van yesterday evening. It's light blue and has a lot of things like heated seats and more. We took it for a test drive and it was very good and we're happy now. It's nothing fancy but it's transportation and that's what we needed most. Was tried of asking our friends to take us here and there. Otherwise we have been with out a vehicle since last Dec ... We have been looking and figuring out how we were going to afford a better one and I guess it's sad it had to be this way with the virus and all. Our county here which is Wapello will reopen some business tomorrow and the rest of the counties that had more people with cases of the virus will open on May 15th. Some people are complaining it's to soon but we shall see for ourselves. Weather was very chilly yesterday only in the 50's but today will be in the upper 60's. Going to get our car insurance today and get new title and register the van next week. Took a test drive last night hubby was first and then me. Been a while since we have drove a vehicle and almost forgot how. LOL!!!

4302020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:48 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Having a very quiet life here with the lockdown. I thought there would be a thread for it on here.We do get out once a day for a 20 min walk round the block but that's all. My husband drove to a nearbye town to collect out grocery order and we Facepaged with our daughter this evening and chatted to her husband and saw the baby.
Best achievement is getting grocery slots at the supermarket. I do these for us and my sister who lives about 250 miles away but does not have a computer. Her store is basic but she was happy when I ordered her crisps,your chips. Its very time consuming doing the orders but today we got nearly everything on the list which was good. My main concern is running out of milk for my cup of tea but so far the dairy farmers have done us proud. Best wishes to you all at this very difficult time. bearhug smwrr

4312020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:51 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I'm pleased you have a new truck Margie and hope you and your husband have many happy hours driving it. As you say it's an ill wind etc. bike rider

4322020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:35 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad to hear you got your vehicle, Margie!
Hi 2Anne! Great to hear from you! I order our groceries for pick up too.
Took Chipper for a walk on the boardwalk. Now there's a ruling here that stores can refuse service to people who aren't wearing a mask.

4332020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:07 pm

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I went on the mainframe computer today hence the chat. It’s difficult on the iPad to access Shout
But nice to catch up on everyone’s news. Startling revelation from Donald Trump about Wuhan. Just what we all thought. Could cause a war.

4342020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:53 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hi 2Anne! What's Trump's revelation about Wuhan? I don't listen to the reports.

4352020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

WOW, all that's missing on SATW today is Glad.
Margie, I'm so thankful you and John have transportation.
2Anne, welcome back after what seems a long absence.
LFF, I'm concerned about your leg, :pray:
I spend time in the garden and then with my little
doggie friend. I try to keep my mind off the fact that
we're being led down the primrose path to total control.
I go about my business, wear a mask in stores that
seem adamant about it.
I heard a man, I believe in Connecticut, who said he
absolutely will open his restaurant tomorrow. He said'it's roomy
so people don't have to sit close, they are welcome to come,
or not if they choose. I admire him for standing up for
his freedom to make decisions for himself.
Adults should be able to choose when and where to go.
Enough from me. bearhug

4362020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri May 01, 2020 2:25 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Well Joyous, this is what socialism will look like.
Have been up since 1:30. Got about 2 hours sleep, and my leg started hurting too much, I had to get up. Took Chipper out, and sat out at the picnic table for a bit. Then came in, and tried putting some Aquaphor healing ointment on my leg. (Maybe my skin is too dry and tight.) Seems better now, but I don't dare trying to lie down again.
Today is the first of May. Will be paying bills later. I plan on taking Dawn to the bank in Douglas, then maybe stop by Village Inn Restaurant for lunch, depending on what time Dawn decides she wants to go to the bank. I haven't even gotten notification from my bank yet that my deposit is in.

4372020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri May 01, 2020 9:06 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, this sounds like more than tight skin on your leg.
Please ask your doctor. Depending on what type pain,
poor circulation can cause an annoying type pain.

Our local Garden center opened this morning at 7:00.
WE went about 8:00 A.M. and had to park way out back,
so many vehicles. We went in, himself got the Top soil
and Potting soil, checked out while I looked for my flat
of Begonias. Every register had a cashier, every lane
filled with carts loaded with flowers and hanging baskets.
I went past three times and the parking lot was full
each time. They must have made some big bucks.

I vacuumed. Then my daughter, gr.daughter and I
went to my oldest son's and his mate to dig up her garden.
She was overjoyed. I am a very tired woman.

idea yawn2 Oh, I did see the wee dog

4382020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri May 01, 2020 10:00 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Great to hear, Joyous!
I heard a banging in the hallway tonight. Neighbor lady had stepped out to check th mail, but found she couldn't get her door open when she came back. The door handle turned, the key even turned in the lock, but the lock pin was stuck in the door jamb. I tried the credit card thing, even a screwdriver. Even tried sheer force. Had to call maintenance- He's out of town. The manager answered. She had to call the back up maintenance guy, who didn't have the necessary hardware, based on my description of the problem. Hence the manager, who is an hour and a half away. would have to come out. Gave the phone to the neighbor lady, and she talked with the manager, and I don't know what they worked out.

4392020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Fri May 01, 2020 10:28 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, a strange coincidence.
I have used the same key in the back door for years.
This evening it wouldn't work.
I'm thinking your neighbor lady was thankful to have
a neighbor who helped as much as possible.

I think I'm falling asleep here in the recliner.
Also hope you suffer no pain in your leg tonight.

:pray: candle

4402020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 6:17 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The manager told me I was a good neighbor. (I don't even use State Farm Insurance. flower )
Was up last night, with more leg pain. Per my Sister's suggestion, I put a compression stocking on that leg. Helped a lot!
Today, I plan on taking Dawn to a meeting in Otsego. Then, a friend of her's is supposed to pick up lunch for us to have at the picnic bench here.

4412020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 8:33 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Isn't it a bit cool for eating outside?
Would be for me, but I'm a bit of a
Wuss when it comes to being cold.
It's early in the day, but all I have
done is shower/shampoo.

LFF, I suppose you noticed the protester in Lansing,
the one carrying the BIG gun? I defend Concealed Carry.
I think walking around with the type gun he had is maybe
asking for problems? What do you think?

We have all noticed how weary our President looks.
Thankfully, he may be getting a few days rest at
Camp David. I hope he uses the time to relax.

4422020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 8:50 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The gun carriers were trying to intimidate, and make a statement. I try to not pay attention to them.

4432020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I respect those who have the CC permit and carry their concealed gun.
I just think it's a bit of Bravado to protest with his type gun. He must have
permits for it. Otherwise he would have been arrested.
Maybe it's my Southern childhood that makes me adamant about letting
big Govt. know that we're aware of our Constitutional rights.
Truth: If we give in, future officials could take our freedom away.
It's also because I recall the fear I felt as a child, knowing what people
were enduring in Germany and Italy. Also slavery wasn't that distant in
history. It could happen again, or even worse.

4442020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 9:18 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

:coffee: Now, on to a more cheerful day! bearhug

4452020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 1:48 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You're right Joyous. People have forgotten History. Do they even teach it in school anymore?

4462020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 3:49 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, if history is taught it's their version.
It seems Socialism is the agenda today.

4472020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sat May 02, 2020 5:22 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:LFF, if history is taught it's their version.
It seems Socialism is the agenda today.
Yep!

4482020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun May 03, 2020 6:24 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My legs were burning up last night, so I took my compression socks off, which helped a bit, but not much. They're still quite uncomfortable and tender this morning.
Speaking of burning, I put my new Tiki Torches up yesterday. Was nice to watch the simulated flames dancing in the dark last night. Weather is very nice, so We may go out for a walk today.

4492020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun May 03, 2020 6:37 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You need to see doc LFF as could be a DVT. My husband had one and had severe pain in leg. Take care of yourself and get it checked out.

4502020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun May 03, 2020 6:50 am

2Anne

2Anne
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Quiet here but husband done a lot of gardening. I’m limited re my back but have done some hoeing and getting thistles out of grass. They are crafty and grow flat to slide under the lawnmower so I dug them put with a trowel on a stick. We have a beautiful lilac bush flowering and lots of bluebells and forget me nots. There are plenty of birds in the garden and they have been fed with out of date cereal. Altogether with fruit trees flowering it looks very pretty.
We need a new bird table as old one rotted and falling to bits,even the birds avoid it. Will have to order one or go to garden shop.
We still have all shops closed except supermarkets and pharmacies. All restaurants  and bars shut down.

4512020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun May 03, 2020 6:54 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Will be seeing foot doctor tomorrow.  May stop in by my Family doctor's too.
Might recommend a resin table for your birds, 2Anne.

4522020 What's Going On In Your Day - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 What's Going On In Your Day Sun May 03, 2020 5:29 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

DRAT IT ! I had almost my entire post typed and
? no idea what key I accidentally struck.
Entire thing disappeared. So here goes again.

Lff, Anne gave good advice.

Anne, how clever the way you attached the trowel
to a stick, solving the weed problem.
Your flowers sound so beautiful.
And the birds are so entertaining.
One of our favorites are Wrens, so tiny, the way
they fuss at me when I get near the tree where
their Bird house nest is being built. A pair of birds,
slightly larger are trying to steal the nest, but being
a but larger, they cannot get in the opening. YAY for
the Wrens.
We also love Robins.
We have a few sweet stories about them.
Doves, Cardinals, Humming birds, the list goes on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum