SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Daily Activity

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

401Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:24 am

lightfootfan

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I never feel alone anymore- God is with me always, and I feel comfortable talking with Him anytime, but I understand, Joyous, that you're talking about human companionship, and I talk to, or at least wave to anyone I see here at the apartments.
Glad, fear not, for God is with you. You, yourself are pretty much helpless, as far as the world's corruption goes. Turn to God for comfort. He's in control.

402Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:29 pm

nell

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, it's a good place you live in, neighbors, but not right in your face when You want to be alone.

Glad, I understand your feelings and thoughts. When I bet angry or frustrated over the way our
world is now, I think back to people who lived through the 2nd world war, the Civil war. I had a teacher who told us her grandmother's description of the Yankee soldiers treatment of the southern women and old men who were too old for service. I think of the "Trail of Tears" the Cherokee tribe whose beautiful land was stolen from them and they were marched across the land west in winter. We will survive with GOD's help. We will help each other. Like LFF, I too pray and trust. If it's our time to suffer, we will be strong. Glad, you are loved by me, by LFF, by others who are your friends and most of all, by Jesus.

403Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:13 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I had just taken Chipper out at about 11 last night, when Penny, from the other end of our building came home from work. Of course, she had to give Chipper some loving. Then, when I asked her if she'd seen my 'man cave' light, she asked if she could come over and see it, so we took Chipper back to the apartment, and she was impressed by my light. We sat and talked for a bit. Then, she had to go home and sleep.
As I was already home, I just lay back in the recliner.
Now, today, I'm having a bowl of Raisin Bran, will take a shower, maybe walk Chipper downtown, and I don't know about after that.

Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Ezb3oiYYour Daily Activity - Page 9 Eh91MZ2

404Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, these late hour activities must cease. 2lol
My humor is stretched today.

I walked alone this morning because there was no light in Colleen's
place.
Back home, I planted two rows of garlic, vacuumed the back entry,
showered, had lunch, tried to get the REcall Whitmer petition signed.
The male part of the couple was still sleeping. I'm to return around 3:00.
I have decided I won't do any political stuff next year. I think I'm either
too old, too tired, or possibly both.
Almost time to visit Little Chuckie.

Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

405Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:40 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Enjoy your visit, Joyous!

406Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:49 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good morning all! Cool morning here. Took Chipper out at 5. Will be leaving in about 45 minutes to go get Dawn and take her to the 'Feed America' food distribution on the other side of Allegan.

407Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:13 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The "Feed America" food distribution,
is it annual? Weekly? Monthly? Is it
being done due to the soon Truckers
strike?
I did very little today. I got ready to walk,
but it was very cold and I had walked
two days in a row, so I quickly opted out.
Just visited my Canine buddy. I took my
Recall petitions to "Top Gun" where a lady
was collecting signatures.
I spent a bit of time on this computer.
That kind of day. I am less down about the
election fraud. I have faith that President
just may get what is right.

408Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:35 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The 'Feed America' truck comes to 'The River' Community Church here once a month. I went there a few years ago. Didn't go again. They get between one and two hundred people that come to it. Didn't know we have that many 'needy' people in Allegan, and they're usually driving pretty nice cars.
Dawn took me out for lunch afterward. Then, we came home, and Dawn made meat loaf with mashed potatoes for me (and for Chipper). Now, I have dinner for a few days.
Will take Dawn home tomorrow afternoon. She wants to get home to Zoey:
Your Daily Activity - Page 9 CycKJHa

409Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:58 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Zoey?

410Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:33 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Zoey is Dawn's very affectionate cat. See picture in yesterday's post.

411Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:33 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Staying home today, I think, Well, except for taking Dawn home around noon. Not going over to my Mom's, as staying off the roads is recommended by our local TV stations. Weather is nice now, but might be nasty when I would return home if I went. I'm hoping to go out there Tuesday.
Today, I don't think I'll be doing much.

412Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:11 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I voted NO on the morning walk due to rain.
I did a load of laundry.
I have been doing some voter emails here
on the PC. The votes will be certified in few
day and it will be too late for auditing.

If you're inclined, you can either email or call our
State: Speaker of the House Lee Chatfield (R) at 517-373-2629

email: LeeChatfield@house.mi.gov

State: Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey (R) at 517-373-5932

email: SenMShirkey@senate.michigan.gov

Your full name, full address and phone number.

As a voter in Michigan, I am requesting a "Results oriented audit" of our election
before the votes are certified.

(Then I mentioned that I was sure I could trust him, rely on him, etc, thank you.

413Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:28 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Oh shucks! We were supposed to vote today?!

414Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:41 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Took Chipper out just a bit ago. Quite windy here, and snowing.
Got a better picture of Zoey:
Your Daily Activity - Page 9 8ZtIgKh

415Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:08 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Feels pretty nice outside- very little wind, no snow. I'll be taking Chipper downtown for a walk later.
Except for taking Dawn home, and stopping by Aldi's, I stayed home yesterday. Will be pretty much the same today.

416Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:51 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I think we're getting ready for some recluse days ahead.
I am not a fan of cold months.
Zoey looks like she put her paw into an electrical outlet! (CUTE)

I was out before 9:00 to send our handwritten letters to President Trump.
I sent them certified mail so I know they were delivered.
Stopped at Tim Horton's to get coffee for my daughter and my son.
I have home-made coffee.
Picked up a few sticks which the wind blew off a huge tree next door.
Into our yard.
Lunch was a salad made from the last of the garden lettuce and a Chicken Wrap.

417Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:21 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Had a bowl of Raisin Bran this morning. Leaving now to take Chipper downtown.

418Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Have a great day, stay warm!

419Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:07 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Chipper and I went downtown, walked around the block, and I took Chipper back to the car. I was worn out. We went to Rite Aid, and, can you believe it? They were out of Diet Mountain Dew! So, I had to get Mountain Dew Zero.

420Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:24 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Here we go with another Tuesday. I'll be going out to my Mom's today. Dawn will be coming over on the bus while I'm gone. Will be taking her to the hospital for a sleep study tonight.

421Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:11 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, it is no wonder that you get tired.
You lead an exhausting life.

Hello Chipper!
I felt terrible this afternoon. I was deeply entranced
watching an internet video and forgot to visit my
friend, Little Chuckie! He forgave me when I did
eventually come to him.

422Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:13 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Dogs are very forgiving.

423Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:28 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Indeed they are.
Which makes me feel even more guilty!

424Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:27 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

joyous wrote:Indeed they are.
Which makes me feel even more guilty!
They count on that.

425Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:24 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Got to bed after 11 last night. Chipper pawed at my recliner at 4:35 this morning. Took him outside, and stumbled around with him a bit. Then, I came in and I'm waiting for Dawn to call, so I can go pick her up here at the hospital in Allegan, after her sleep study. Will take her to Zeeland today for an EKG. Have a good day all!

426Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:05 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, do you ever get a day off?

I scrubbed the kitchen floor and one bathroom floor,
showered, read quite a bit of election news.
Soon I will go to visit my little doggie.

427Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:01 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I should ask you the same thing, Joyous!

428Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:12 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, LOL some days I watch videos on this computer.
Some day I feel more energetic and actually do some work.
Especially in Summer with the garden.
I did see my little doggie today.

429Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:28 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I'd like to have a day when I do absolutely nothing.
Reminds me of the newly retired guy whose wife asked him "What are you going to do today?" He replied "Nothing."
His wife complained "That's what you did yesterday." He answered "I wasn't finished!"

430Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Can you believe we're just a week from Thanksgiving? Overall, our lives may not be in the optimum range, but we need to be thankful for how good we do have it. I was looking around at my little apartment just this morning, and thought about the millions of people who would be happy to live here like this.
Today, after I get caught up on my electronic messages, I plan on making some pancakes and eggs. Will take Chipper for a stroll downtown, and may pick up some groceries.

431Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:42 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, yes only a week from today.
Yes, like you, I sometimes think back to my childhood,
the difficulties my parents faced, the tragedies that struck
their lives, the hard work, yet there was laughter and tears.
We didn't have turkey, but each day Mama and then later, Mother
provided such good food, most of it grown at home, or shot with
a rifle by Daddy just at sun-up. We never had a hungry day.
Like you, I have a washing machine for laundry. Mother had a
big black pot for boiling clothes, two galvanized tubs for washing and
rinsing, me for carrying all the water( rdrop ), a clothesline strung
across the yard for drying. That's all for this post, but I shall lament
my childhood again tomorrow! stpt

Today's activity?
Not a lot! But the day is young. I will visit my little doggie.

432Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:46 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Took Chipper for a walk. Went to Village Markup for some groceries, to Speedway for gas, and the Grocery Outlet for some Uncle Willy's microwave popcorn (It was all gone.).

433Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:08 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Last night, Sherri, from down the hall, asked me for quarters for the washer and dryer here, so I gave here the $7 worth I had left in a roll. I know she'll try to pay me for them today, but I'll just ask her to make some of those delicious chocolate chip cookies for me instead. Then I raided my piggy bank, and I found another 167 quarters. One of them was a 1954, so I stuck that in a drawer.
Today, I'll take a shower after 9:00, then watch 'Lets Make a Deal', then take Chipper for a walk. Dawn will be coming over this afternoon.

434Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My hands were itching like crazy this morning, so I was up at 4 this morning. Here it is an hour later, and I've broken down and took a swig of allergy medicine. Hands feel better, but the swelling hasn't gone down much yet.
Sheri did come over last night for $5 worth of quarters again.
Dawn spent the night, and will go shopping with a friend from the apartments here today .
Don't know what I'll be doing today- maybe go stock up on toilet paper?
By the way, I read today that Preliminary CDC estimates for the 2019-2020 influenza season indicate that, as of April 4, 2020, between 24,000 and 62,000 lost their lives in the last year to the flu. Add to that the misery of hundreds of thousands of flu-related hospitalizations and millions of medical visits for flu symptoms. In 2017-2018 season, 67,000 died.

435Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:33 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My hands did not itch overnight. I slept well, that is until Chipper pawed at m
My recliner at 4:22 this morning, for me to take him outside.
After I get things caught up on the computer here, I'm going to make some French Toast, with the Texas Toast neighbor Angie brought over yesterday.
Will go out to my Mom's today, and try to get Alexa to connect with a smart plug there. Will probably take Chipper along...

436Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:36 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Not sure what I did on the 19th.

437Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:10 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Chipper and I went out to my Mom's today. Got on her computer, navigated to the Alexa program, finally figured out that I had to go to 'smart home' rather than 'skills', had to have Alexa find my Mom's Smart plug again, but now I have them synced, so my Mom can tell Alexa to turn on the light by the window each morning. (My Sister has her do that so she can see the light from her pool room, and know my Mom's up and okay.) My Mom's been without the smart plug for months.

438Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Warm here this morning. Chipper woke me at 4 this morning, and I told him to give me a couple more minutes. I closed my eyes, and he woke me again in a half hour, so then I got up and took him out.
The new lockdown measures here say
Your Daily Activity - Page 9 0OHGMce
I'll take Chipper out for a ride sometime today, and need to buy 4 decks of cards, maybe some eggs, but that's all I have planned.

439Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Click this link to see what's open:
https://imgur.com/0OHGMce

440Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Took Chipper for a walk, went to Dollar General, bought some cards, some cereal, no eggs.
My Sister emailed me. Said my Mom spilled stuff on her Alexa and killed her, so I ordered a new (4th Generation) Alexa Dot, and a Gosund Smart plug that I think will work with her.

441Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:46 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Poor Alexa, I always say, "Thank you, Alexa" after she
plays music I request or answers a question. Alexa responds.

Your sister lives within view of your Mom's residence?
That is great!
4 decks of cards? Are you opening a Casino?

"Hey Chipper!"

I washed the whites today, shopped a bit at Meijer,
visited my canine friend. Not much else.

442Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:59 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Guess what???

I made it here!

Aren't you proud of me?

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

443Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:18 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Yep!  Great to see you here, Glad!
As for the 4 decks of cards, my Sister sent me a copy of the rules for a marbles game that my Dad made boards for, so I dug out my board and bought cards to use to play the game.  I lost my marbles years ago embarr , so I ordered some more, which should be here tomorrow.

444Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:34 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Ah!  November 24 today!  Hard to believe we're only a week away from December.  Dawn is having the bus pick her up at 8 this morning to bring her here for her 9:40 telehealth appointment with her psychiatrist in Grand Rapids, 40 miles away.  This telehealth prevalence is one good thing that's come of this pandemic.
The marbles I ordered have been delayed.  Should arrive today, I hope.  I've been distressed since I lost my marbles years ago.

445Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:54 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, I'm SO GLAD!  :pray:
I'm giving my best shot to thinking positive
and letting go, let GOD.

446Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Turkey sitting in frig ready to be baked on Thursday morning.  Other than that my plans are just simple.

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

447Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

My daughter in law is cooking the turkey, stuffing, Cranberry relish,
her mom is making mashed potatoes. I will take pickles, gravy, 
creamed corn, a fruit mix, Pumpkin and Apple pies
Colleen is making a salad of chopped veggies. Sounds like enough for 7 people

Last edited by joyous on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

448Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:19 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Today I washed my outerwear, visited my doggie, read quite a bit.

Last edited by joyous on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

449Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:27 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Got a call tonight from Mary's Son, inviting Dawn and me to his house.  Will just be the 4 of us.

450Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:35 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Going to be a busy day today here.  Hope to take Chipper for a short walk between showers, take a shower myself, take my Mom to the cancer center, and buy more Schendorf beef.  Wishing all a good day.

451Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, I hope your day went well.
Glad, I  hope your Thanksgiving is precious.

Today I shopped for a few items needed for tomorrow's feast.
Now I find I need more fruit. Back to a store!

452Your Daily Activity - Page 9 Empty Re: Your Daily Activity Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:45 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Day went well.  Center took some blood to test, and sent us home.  I was also able to stock up on some Schendorf burger patties for Chipper too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum