SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SHOUT AROUND THE WORLD

A Tranquil Place Of Enjoyment

Happy Spring Shouters! (or Fall to our Australian friends)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lets Chat in 2022

+5
nell
jackiehope
Glad E Olah
Windwalker
lightfootfan
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

51Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:07 am

jackiehope

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

The worst thing with debt payments, especially monthly payments is the interest they add on...at most, that is what you are paying off per month so the debt itself never really goes down..

LFF...Do you in America have what we have a CAB office ( Citizens Advice Bureau ) or something similar who are a go between..

Last edited by jackiehope on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cxITIZENS)

52Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:21 am

lightfootfan

*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I don't know about a CAB- like thing here.  Michelle gets up really early.  We can get a lot done early in the morning.

53Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:51 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF..you are not Michelle, you need your sleep...would she get up and out at 3.am for you if the tables were turned...

Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Butter10

54Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:59 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good  morning Shouters!

My family and friends in FL all safe from hurricane and now we focus on the SC ones.  Possible land fall around Charleson or Myrtle Beach this afternoon

John 3:16 (KJV)
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
https://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/portal.htm

55Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:23 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Happy to hear Fla family is okay, Glad.
I don't know if MyMichelle would get up early for me.  But my travels to Plainwell may lessen when the snow flies.
She's been helping me with my medicaid application, request for food stamps, search for housing assistance, etc.  I had some direct payments and address changes to change today, and she made me do it.

Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Ezb3oiYLets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Eh91MZ2

56Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:14 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad they are safe after the storms. I have no plans for today, and it is really cool outside at 58F. I know it's Fall, but we nearly slipped on into Winter.

57Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:38 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Starting to use the oven now since the temps are cooler.  I refuse to bake when ac is on makes it work even harder.  Today I am letting frozen bread dough rise and when I get home this afternoon the rolls will be ready to bake.  A lady from my church had a stroke and in the hospital.  They say she may only have 3 days to live but God only knows that answer.  Another lady just got out of the hospital recovering from covid.  My friend Carlene and I will visit the hospital this afternoon.  Sad.....but this lady there is 88 years old.  Been not doing well for some time now.

58Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:24 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, I watched a bit of hurricane Ian last
evening. I saw a sign that said Myrtle. If it
was Myrtle Beach the Beach had blown away.
Indeed it was a terrible sight, people driving in
water up to the truck doors. What hurt me most
was dogs trying to find a way out of the water.
I couldn't leave my dog behind.
As far as I know my family in S.C. are safe in
Simpsonville, Marrieta, Pickens, and the mountains.

Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Joyous-Mouse-2-300x252

59Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:22 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I've been trying to figure out this new credit union website.  Ready to tear my hair out!

60Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

61Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:34 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Not for me!

62Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:59 pm

toetapping

toetapping
*FORUM OWNERS*

We have had a quiet weekend wish is great, the weather has turned a bit cold so hope it warms up soon.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.

Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Ball-05-june
http://nicetomeet.proboards.com

63Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:21 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Right LFF but I wanted you to watch it for the campground they camped at.  Actually I admire this couple......they live in TX and dumpster dive for items that are donatable for needy people.  It is fun watching them and you would be surprised at what they find.  They only donate food items that are good.

64Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:24 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Toetapping......we are still into our weekend (Sunday morning for me)  

I went yesterday to visit a lady from church who has been given about 3 days to live.  Of course only God knows the time but me and another lady wanted to see her.  She looked very gray colored.  She had a stroke earlier in the week. (88 years old)  Age sometimes is not a good thing.  I pray she does not lay there and suffer.

65Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:06 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

No real plans for today. I think I'll try my hand at rock tumbling. Always wanted to do that. Have to find some good specimens and then start the process. They sure are beautiful when they are done. I've never done it myself, but I think there will be satisfaction from it, hopefully.

66Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:43 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

GlaEOlah..
...God Bless your visiting friend... :pray:

67Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:45 am

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Mornin all!  I headed out to Plainwell at about 11:30 last night.  Got home about 10 a.m.

68Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:11 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

LFF, if a person happens to be broke and hungry,
most of the food the couple ate was perfectly good. I would hesitate at eating the meat. Everything else was ok.
Glad, thank you for posting that video. It brought back memories of years ago when Ray and I went
out the evening before trash pickup day, found things
I could sell at the flea market. Cleaned and sometimes repaired, I made $$$.
I love how happy the couple were and free to wander while young.
It's shameful that a country as blessed as ours is wastes SO much.

69Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Some outside projects today, so I need to get started, before it gets too warm.

70Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:49 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Don't work to hard Windwalker.

We just finished a late breakfast of bacon and eggs and toast.  Had some of the fig preserves on the toast.  I will make more preserves later.  This is better than peach preserves and looks just like it.

Nell I am glad you watched the video.  Do you know where that campground is located?  I watch most of their videos.

Have some afternoon errands to run (one I am dreading to the pharmacy)

71Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:17 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Biden said no senior will pay more than $35 for type 2 insulin, but  People will need to choose one of the new “enhanced” plans to get the savings, whether it’s a standalone prescription drug plan or a Medicare Advantage plan with optional prescription drug coverage. The insulin cost savings is not included in Medicare “basic” plans, which typically don’t include the best coverage or savings offers for prescriptions, but have a lower premium

72Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:28 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, although I have been along some Lake Huron shoreline, it was in years past. LFF may know if I'm mistaken or correct. I think the Bluewater Bridge crosses Lake Huron into Port Huron. Years have passed since I was there and memory serves me less competently these days.
I liked the couple. They are unusual in that they use what others waste and totally enjoy life. Also they find things others can use and donate those items.

On a different subject: I set out 7 rows of garlic today. The rows are short so I will probably set out a few more. We use quite a bit of garlic in cooking and it is beneficial to health.

73Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:06 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good morning to all. Having a slight computer problem this morning, but it seems to be working out. I will probably be offline today for the most part, but wanted to drop in and post this.

74Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:21 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hi all!  been busy transferring funds, paying bills, avoiding phone calls, etc.

75Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:14 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

WindWalker, isn't it a day changer when the computer acts up? i don't think the computer is so necessary UNTIL it stops doing everything it should be doing!

LFF, I also transferred some funds, $$ to the man who cut my son's grass. My son was at his work. I also transferred a few $$ at the gas station and a few at Walmart.

76Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:47 pm

lightfootfan

lightfootfan
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I think I paid the electric bill, cable bill, car payment, and insurance payments, but I won't know if they went through for a couple of days.

77Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:12 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I need to sit and pay some bills too.  Yesterday I gave a hunk of money to the drug store.  The month is just starting so I have a lot of bills to go.

Sorry I am so late checking in today.  I spent most of the day helping clean the church.  Not sure (soon though) there will be a funeral service there.  We lost our dear sister in Christ last night as of this message not sure when the funeral will be.  She will be laid to rest above her late husband at the Veteran's cemetery about 50 miles from here.  So details have to be finished before the actual day.  Pastor seems to think it may be Saturday.

78Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:26 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

We lost a beautiful country singer, lady Loretta Lynn.
It seems a lot of people around my age are leaving this life.
I have/had a brother in law and his dear wife whom he married while stationed in Japan. Their children had their bodies placed in a Veteran's place some place in Michigan. I miss them.

79Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:46 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Life has to go on for those of us who remain.  Been thinking wonder if SATW will go on after I leave this world?  I know one thing for sure.......if it is possible to look down I will check on the Shout because I love you all.

80Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:43 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, in all fairness I should be the first one to leave.
I'm fairly certain I'm the oldest and fair is fair. Unless
Jesus comes for ALL of us. "Come, LORD Jesus!"

81Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

You are right Nell!

Today  I went to the barber to have my hair cut.  Really needed it!

Afterward we went (2 other church ladies) to find a memorial gift for the daughter of the lady that passed.  Her funeral is Friday.

When I got home I was tired but took time to put supper in the oven then I took a nap.  After supper I didthe dishes then paid a couple of bills on line then here I am at the SHOUT.  Seems like lately I am checking in later and later.

They predict our first frost this weekend.  I am ready for it so want to clean up the garden.

I saw a wooly worm the other day......it was solid golden in color....which the old wives' tale means a milder winter.  Hope that is right.  One year it was dark on both ends and light in the middle.  We had a cold winter to start then mild then cold again.

82Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:35 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Usual church " Renew " group then into our next hall for our luncheon club...weather looks dry, part sun, and cold, we are now into our mid 60's F...enjoy your day whatever you choose to do...

83Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:37 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Well, it certainly can keep you busy, when the computer acts up. There was some corruption on an older drive, so I saved the data, and rebuilt the OS on the drive. All good now. Backups are just wonderful!

84Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 am

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good morning Shouters!

85Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:18 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good afternoon here in SE Michigan.
I did a few things that needed doing,
watering a few plants which linger, also the garlic I planted. The climbing beans are producing quite well
and I'm so hoping the frost waits until I pick them.
Especially those I want to save for 2023 seed.
When frost threatens I will pick off the remaining green tomatoes to ripen inside. I planted that one in one of those black ?canvas bags. First time I used them. That was my best producing tomato plant.
It needed water every day, but worth it.
I washed the white laundry items.
I visited the little doggie.
I'm not looking forward to winter. Too confining because I do not risk an accident driving on icy or snowy roads.

86Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:31 am

jackiehope

jackiehope
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Nell...
...it isn't the cold of winter i fear but if we have snow - ice i cant walk far with my Multiple Sclerosis  so would literally be housebound, more housebound than i am at the moment, i would not even be able to get down the driveway to a waiting car.. 

87Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Well, after 6 long days of work on our project, we are finally finished. It was nice not being hot out in the yard while working.

88Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:52 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Jackie, are you responsible for clearing your access
to the street? I wondered if there are kids nearby who care to earn a few $$ in Winter?
Windwalker, will there be photos of the finished project?

Hmmmmm ? What did I accomplish today?
Washed the dish towels. Scrubbed the kitchen floor. As I have mentioned I scrub the floor on hands and knees which makes it a bit more tiring, but it's how I clean it.
I took the last green tomatoes off the plant I grew in a Black canvas (I think) sack. They will ripen inside slowly and avoid frostbite. I visited the little doggie.

Much of the afternoon was spent at Lake Erie as I mentioned in the weather topic.

89Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:12 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Had a rough day today.  Attended  the funeral of a dear church member and was very emotional.  Not many of us left now and the young people seem to not be interested in attending.  So sad!

Tomorrow going shopping.  Hope Aldi won't be too busy.  Also want to stop at a Food Giant to purchase canned chili beans for 50 cents a can (pass store on the way home).  Want to stock up for chili weather is upon us now and these canned beans sell from 89 cents to $1.19 when not on sale.

Prediction of frost tonight so garden is done for the year.

90Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:13 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Oh yes Windwalker....what project are you working on?

91Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:38 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Worked on building/making Michelle a chicken coop. We want fresh eggs for the Spring and next year. I figure Eggs will be worth their weight in gold, and you can hardly afford them now.

We're using the small blue metal shop, She got 20 baby chicks and have them in there. I fenced in a 10 by 20 area connected to the shop. We also wound up with an unscheduled Rabbit. Rescue.

92Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:28 am

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Glad, wise shopping. It's also good to buy a few bags of dry beans and rice as they can be put in glass canning jars and keep a long time. Do you check the Sell by date on canned goods? I forget to check in the store. If kept too long the cans sometimes ? puff up?
I'm trusting in the LORD who gives us food, but stocking up all the same.
Glad, I reckon life for today's young people is different than when we were growing up. They see people die on TV and a week later that same person is alive and in another show. I wonder if it messes with the mind? The emotions?

Windwalker, I sort of envy you and your lady the chickens. We live in a trailer park and are not allowed to keep chickens. If I could, I would keep them in a coop on wheels so I could transport them here and there. When I was growing up in the southern hills/mountains, our chickens were free to roam unless a broody hen was sitting on eggs. Sometimes a hen would lay her eggs in a brush pile.

I picked the Kentucky Wonder beans this morning. Enough I hope for seed next spring and a batch to either freeze or eat tomorrow.

93Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:29 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I'm hoping to get some good eggs in a few months. I love my eggs.

94Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:30 pm

toetapping

toetapping
*FORUM OWNERS*

Making a chicken casserole and in the afternoon our walk.

To everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving and a great day.

Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Ball-05-june
http://nicetomeet.proboards.com

95Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:39 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Hello Toetapping and all the Shouters!

I too envy you Windwalker and your chickens.  From all the homesteading videos I watch they all have chickens and advise everyone to get them if they can't have any other meat animal.  They can be fed veggie scraps to help cut down on feed.  I have talked to my son about a few chickens but no luck.  My late husband raised rabbits at one time but they are so cute I would not be able to butcher them.

96Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:23 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Windwalker, I too like eggs. They are a bit expensive.
I'm glad for you. Will you hatch and raise baby chicks?

ToeTapping, I hope you enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving,
assuming you too celebrate. November is Thanksgiving, correct?

Glad, I haven't eaten rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, since I was a young bride and husband killed wild game. He also killed deer. My daddy used to rise up early, take his rifle to the woods and come home with 4 or 5 Grey squirrels. I watched him skin them and if necessary, I know I could skin one. My brother built rabbit traps, which were called Rabbit gums.
I'm not sure how I would feel about killing wild creatures today.
Yesterday my daughter, gr.daughter and I went to Monroe to spend the afternoon with friends enjoying "Turkey Heaven" marvelous dinner of turkey the young couple raised and had killed and dressed. They have it each year about this time. Their house is large enough for the big family of theirs AND many friends. Mike went to school with my kids. He has a daughter who joins us usually her two. His wife Bobbie has three daughters. There are several grandkids and lots of friends. Enough food to feed an army. Pleasant as it is, I am always worn out with visiting SO many people. How generous it is of them to have us all.

97Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:38 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

It's going to be a beautiful day. I think I will work on cleaning the shop out.

98Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:30 pm

Spice

Spice
*FORUM OWNERS*

Good morning,
It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and I have quite the feast prepared.

Have a good day everyone.

Grief is like the ocean; it comes in waves, ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim.– Vicki Harrison

99Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:27 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Oh Spice, do you roast the turkey as most folks do in these United States of America?

100Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:32 pm

nell

nell
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

I am fascinated by this woman's ability to do everything alone. This is on you tube "woman lives alone in the mountains".
I would like to know what others think.

101Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 pm

Glad E Olah

Glad E Olah
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Good evening Shouters.  It was a beautiful day today after a frost over the weekend.  I got a lot of things done today and grilled pork steak on the grill.  Aldi has good pork steak and the package had enough for two meals which made me pleased.

102Lets Chat in 2022 - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets Chat in 2022 Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:35 am

Windwalker

Windwalker
*WRITER*
*WRITER*

Another wonderful day to enjoy. I have one errand to run this afternoon. Currently we are at only 68F and overcast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum